U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-28-2008, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 17,513 times

Advertisements

I would like to know what the requirements are to open a bar in Texas.
If anyone has experience on this issue, feedback would be greatly appreciated. It is a new idea, and would like to accomplish this in 2 years. I would look for the property first, remodel/decor, learn about any permits/licenses required, live band, dj, payroll employees. I have the idea of having something similar to the nightclub PURE in Vegas where it has 2 floors, for outside/inside bar. Any comments?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 05:42 PM

2,541 posts, read 7,818,885 times
liquor license, and any bank is probably gonna wanna verify if you have at least managed another bar

Probably no criminal history

if you are gonna serve food, you may need a safeserv certification

that is sanitary food service qualification

I would also recommend making sure you have some money saved up, because it may be a while before people start flooding into your place

and location is very important, are you in a college town? or in a major city?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 16,514 times
I am really new to this wanting to know if anyone could help me start this up..need to know the laws...and i need to know what permits and certification i need to get...this is in killeen texas....

Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 AM

21,727 posts, read 37,184,337 times
Insurance is not cheap. For a "normal" type bar that has no restaurant you can easily have premiums of several thousand a month -- drunk drivers (and their victims...) have won too many lawsuits against the place that over served... Liquor Liability Insurance: More Than Half Still Do Without

Ya know there is a neat little site that here makes searching the internet kinda easy. Have you heard of google? Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code - Texas Code - Texas Law - Texas Statutes :: Justia

Old 06-23-2009, 05:42 PM

43,195 posts, read 47,049,205 times
I'd also check with the city as Texas is a state that alloows different precincts to allow mixed beverage in one precinct but not in others right next door as voters in that precinct decide.More and more only vote in mixed drink in placves that make 53% of their gross from food sales;a way of keeping Bar out of the precinct.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:32 PM

2,357 posts, read 3,190,195 times
You might just want to get a boat, and then get the boat out into a large body of water. Now, using an industrial drill or explosives, blow a bigass hole into the bottom of the boat.

The douche-bar market is saturated. You can close your eyes and drive across the velvet ropes of dozens of failed low-couch VIP holes where people pay $200 for a $40 bottle of Patron.

IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business