Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,821 times

Advertisements

can i get a copy of this flyer please? we are in Denver. thanks!

[email]our2sparrows@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 01-04-2010, 11:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Ok, I've been researching this all day. Here's what I came up with from others doing the same:
Going rate $25 per man hour plus dumpster rental. This one guy does "trash out" debris clean up and is very successful. He does it up north somewhere. Makes about $75K year. He gave me a copy of his ad and I tweaked it a bit, put it up on craigslist with my husband's info and within 30 mins. he had a guy call!! He wanted to know how much my hubby would charge to clean out his rental property some people skipped out on and paint it! So it works. My husband will have to go and look at the property to see about how much to charge him (how much time he'll think it'll take, how many people he'll need and what size dumpster to rent). The guy told my husband that he called some other guy and the guy quoted him $500 for the clean out only. I think that sounds about right. Also, my husband's brother, who does bank foreclosures in Houston, said we need to contact the Realtors who do specialize in selling REO's bank owned properties. So my hubby will hit the streets tomorrow morning and take his flyer and business card with him to give out to realtors. If you want a copy of the flyer you can DM me and I will only give to people who are not in my area!! LOL
Hi I'm in Indianapolis and my husband has been laid off for over a year. With this years income tax refund check we are going to try to get our own "Foreclosure Clean Up/Trash out" up and running any advice? Happy New Year!

Old 01-04-2010, 11:24 PM

2 posts, read 4,805 times
Default I would like a sample flyer

Do you have a sample of pricing? Indianapolis, Indiana [EMAIL="foreclosureproclean@yahooo.com"]foreclosureproclean@yahooo.com[/EMAIL]
Thank-you

Old 01-09-2010, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,452 times
I am in Lake Havasu City arizona and looking to get into this field. I have done this work in L.A. and wanted to try it here. Does anyone have any startuup info for me in my area?

Old 01-15-2010, 09:14 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
My husband was not having much luck with REOs and contacting the banks so he went to the realtors. He has been working with a realtor for the past six months. He calls his business Handyman Services.
Essentially what he does is go in and fix up any problems that an inspector finds wrong with a home once an offer has been put in. Since he made up signs to put on the sides of his truck other people have been calling him for projects! He has done things such as patch up tiles in bathroom, installed a tile backsplash, built a ramp for an outdoor shed, minor plumbing, minor electrical, etc.
He has been very busy!! He does not do the trash out anymore b/c this way he is helping a homeowner sell the house! A guy down the street from us saw his signs recently and wanted a quote to patch up some holes in his drywall and to fix the fence posts in his backyard.
See with some innovative thinking and the use of your God given talents you too can make money in this economy! And no he doesn't need any special kind of licensing in Texas. Check your local state laws though as they do vary. Here in our county you do not need any licenses to do these things as he is "just" a handyman not a builder, plumber, etc.
Good luck to everyone! I have stopped giving out the flyer b/c I just had too many requests and simply don't have time. Perhaps contact one of the earlier posters to have them share the copy I sent them

Old 02-05-2010, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,324 times
Hi, thanks for the information about the trash out cleaning business, I would like to receive your flyer so that I can get some ideas on how to make a decent flyer describing the service............rus7lou@yahoo.com[/EMAIL"]..........."rus7lou@yahoo.com"]...........rus7lou@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Last edited by Lou's disposal services; 02-05-2010 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: I forgot to put down my email address

Old 02-06-2010, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 4,788 times
looking to start cleaning up offices in greenville sc
need help to get contacts

Last edited by THOMAS120; 02-06-2010 at 12:02 AM.. Reason: add words

Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 AM

2 posts, read 4,788 times
Default maid service

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOMAS120 View Post
looking to start cleaning up offices in greenville sc
need help to get contacts

Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
Three words to get clients: Network,network,network.

My husband's handyman business is getting very busy due to him networking and thru word of mouth with realtors!! Plus the fact that he does awesome work and does not charge an arm and a leg.
He does everything from tile work, powerwashing brick, painting, building ramps, you name it!! He is doing very well but DOES not do the foreclosure clean up anymore.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,368 times
would you send me a copy of the flyer jmswern@aol.com (Wisconsin area)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business