Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 10:23 AM

2 posts, read 28,661 times

Advertisements

I would like that info, as well... I am in Indiana... Thanks!
email.... buttonroo@mail.com

Old 03-14-2009, 03:05 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonroo View Post
I would like that info, as well... I am in Indiana... Thanks!
email.... buttonroo@mail.com
Wow, I've had a lot of requests for the sample flyer. Please include your email address when you DM.
Glad to help

Old 03-14-2009, 03:12 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
We have done mostly rental evictions. We have two properties that we have a lead on that are actual foreclosures, REO. We may start work on them this next coming week. If there is not a lot of property left over, we just haul it away to the dump (we charge the dump fees plus extra for our work). The properties we are bidding on want clean out, painting, recarpet. The way this particular company is doing these 2 prop. is that they invited their employees to "shop" at these two locations and take what they want. I think that's a good idea so these items can be recycled or donated to some needy families.
The remodel clean out we are doing will be this next Wednesday. Mostly word of mouth is how we are getting business. I posted the flyer on my "wall" on facebook and a friend told her friend and that's how we got the remodel clean out. We will also be bidding on this person's old home that she will put for sale to "make ready" for sale. You can put your flyers in realtor's offices. We are going to drop off some next Monday. Also, my DH is going to a networking group (free) and bringing his flyers there, the realtor guy told him they don't have a cleaning person yet.
As far as insurance we have $1M general liability, no employees, we use subs if needed. We are not bonded.
If we need to rent a dumpster at the site, the owner pays for it.
Oh, and we try to stay within our general vicinity, not go too far out of our area.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 PM

1 posts, read 11,982 times
Red face I'd like to see your flyer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Ok, I've been researching this all day. Here's what I came up with from others doing the same:
Going rate $25 per man hour plus dumpster rental. This one guy does "trash out" debris clean up and is very successful. He does it up north somewhere. Makes about $75K year. He gave me a copy of his ad and I tweaked it a bit, put it up on craigslist with my husband's info and within 30 mins. he had a guy call!! He wanted to know how much my hubby would charge to clean out his rental property some people skipped out on and paint it! So it works. My husband will have to go and look at the property to see about how much to charge him (how much time he'll think it'll take, how many people he'll need and what size dumpster to rent). The guy told my husband that he called some other guy and the guy quoted him $500 for the clean out only. I think that sounds about right. Also, my husband's brother, who does bank foreclosures in Houston, said we need to contact the Realtors who do specialize in selling REO's bank owned properties. So my hubby will hit the streets tomorrow morning and take his flyer and business card with him to give out to realtors. If you want a copy of the flyer you can DM me and I will only give to people who are not in my area!! LOL

I'd like a copy of your flyer and I'm in the Tampa, Fl area. Email to allcleanmaids@aol.com Thank you!!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 11,973 times
Quote:
We have done mostly rental evictions. We have two properties that we have a lead on that are actual foreclosures, REO. We may start work on them this next coming week. If there is not a lot of property left over, we just haul it away to the dump (we charge the dump fees plus extra for our work). The properties we are bidding on want clean out, painting, recarpet. The way this particular company is doing these 2 prop. is that they invited their employees to "shop" at these two locations and take what they want. I think that's a good idea so these items can be recycled or donated to some needy families.
The remodel clean out we are doing will be this next Wednesday. Mostly word of mouth is how we are getting business. I posted the flyer on my "wall" on facebook and a friend told her friend and that's how we got the remodel clean out. We will also be bidding on this person's old home that she will put for sale to "make ready" for sale. You can put your flyers in realtor's offices. We are going to drop off some next Monday. Also, my DH is going to a networking group (free) and bringing his flyers there, the realtor guy told him they don't have a cleaning person yet.
As far as insurance we have $1M general liability, no employees, we use subs if needed. We are not bonded.
If we need to rent a dumpster at the site, the owner pays for it.
Oh, and we try to stay within our general vicinity, not go too far out of our area.
Sounds like you are starting off very well. I live in Michigan and I am trying to get started in cleanout. Can you send me your flier also. My husband worked for US Steel they have closed down the plant with a return to work date of JANUARY 2010. I have wanted to do this for years but he always looked at me like I was crazy. Yea now he thinks I have a good idea. I hope you business continues to grow. I really need to find out more about fees.
kemeha@gmail.com

Old 03-16-2009, 04:57 PM

1 posts, read 11,971 times
Default San Diego Market

Hi,

I am starting a business doing cleanout and maintenance on foreclosed homes so if you need a good reliable company please contact me at jackdavis3@hotmail.com. I will have a web site up in about 2 weeks.

Best
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryREI View Post
Hi CTR,

I'd market your services to Real Estate Investors who plan to buy and flip the property. Most of them do not want to clean up a foreclosed home; they need to calculate costs to refurb before they know how much to offer to buy it. Check out www.realestateinvestor.com
As the previous responder stated, be sure you get all the proper licensing required by your county/state.
If you find anyone in San Diego, CA cleaning foreclosures let me know.
MaryREI

Old 03-16-2009, 08:58 PM
tdh

1 posts, read 12,204 times
Hi, could you share that flyer with me Im in Atlanta,
my email address is kennywright2007@comcast.net

thanks

Old 03-17-2009, 07:52 AM

6 posts, read 28,396 times
Hi, I'm in NJ I would like a copy of the flier smithcle2k@gmail.com. Thx in advance.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 8,709 times
Quote:
Wow, I've had a lot of requests for the sample flyer. Please include your email address when you DM.
Glad to help
May I have a copy as well? Thank you!
[EMAIL="guildc_2000@yahoo.com"]guildc_2000@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Old 03-17-2009, 03:26 PM

1 posts, read 8,676 times
Hi, I am in northern NJ-- could I please have a copy of your flyer--my email address is [EMAIL="theperfectcall@hotmail.com"]theperfectcall@hotmail.com[/EMAIL] --- thank-you for this, and good luck in Texas.

Quote:
Ok, I've been researching this all day. Here's what I came up with from others doing the same:
Going rate $25 per man hour plus dumpster rental. This one guy does "trash out" debris clean up and is very successful. He does it up north somewhere. Makes about $75K year. He gave me a copy of his ad and I tweaked it a bit, put it up on craigslist with my husband's info and within 30 mins. he had a guy call!! He wanted to know how much my hubby would charge to clean out his rental property some people skipped out on and paint it! So it works. My husband will have to go and look at the property to see about how much to charge him (how much time he'll think it'll take, how many people he'll need and what size dumpster to rent). The guy told my husband that he called some other guy and the guy quoted him $500 for the clean out only. I think that sounds about right. Also, my husband's brother, who does bank foreclosures in Houston, said we need to contact the Realtors who do specialize in selling REO's bank owned properties. So my hubby will hit the streets tomorrow morning and take his flyer and business card with him to give out to realtors. If you want a copy of the flyer you can DM me and I will only give to people who are not in my area!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business