U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 05-24-2009, 09:08 PM

117 posts, read 237,686 times
Default I started a new business now i need

Hi All, I just started a new business and now need to know how to promote my website.

I am also interested in posting anywhere and everywhere about the great product this company offers and the consultant plan, rewards, and incentives on the business. Any suggestions would be great.

Last edited by FarNorthDallas; 05-25-2009 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: Deleted link to website since it's advertising
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 05-24-2009, 09:10 PM

1,915 posts, read 2,510,910 times
Craigslist is a great free place to advertise a business, also Yahoo...there are millions of other free sites...just do the search!

Unread 05-24-2009, 10:16 PM

117 posts, read 237,686 times
Thanks, I have done that, I was thinking more along the lines of getting my website on search engines like google. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

Unread 05-24-2009, 11:23 PM

3,460 posts, read 2,244,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamlet2149 View Post
Thanks, I have done that, I was thinking more along the lines of getting my website on search engines like google. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
It helps to sign up for adsense, even if you don't put their ads on your site. When you sign up they'll automatically scan your website for content every night. If you can find a spot to squeeze in one of their ads, it will be even better.

Regular updating of your site is important too. When you update it, you'll go up in the rankings, and when you don't make changes you'll drop in the ratings.

Unread 05-24-2009, 11:59 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,101,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
It helps to sign up for adsense, even if you don't put their ads on your site. When you sign up they'll automatically scan your website for content every night. If you can find a spot to squeeze in one of their ads, it will be even better.

Regular updating of your site is important too. When you update it, you'll go up in the rankings, and when you don't make changes you'll drop in the ratings.
I still can't in my head define the difference between this and old-fashioned payola...

Unread 05-25-2009, 06:48 AM

1,915 posts, read 2,510,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamlet2149 View Post

Well, by posting your business on all these free websites...they should be searchable by Google, just list it using keywords related to your business venture....my business shows up when searched....have you gone to the Google homepage and researched what you need to do?

Unread 05-27-2009, 03:29 AM

17 posts, read 59,964 times
I already see an error made, Reason: Deleted link to website since it's advertising.And its funny because everywhere you look there's advertisement but anyways its not my house so lets move on.

To promote your website whether it be in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) or Social Networking you need to do keyword research for your site and the audience you are targeting. I mean you can flood those free advertising sites with your info but how many will be tire-kickers and end up wasting your time. So targeting your traffic is a start. Using forums is a good way because you build trust with its members and the more they see you involved in the forum then the more green things you get.

But before getting into driving traffic to your site ... the questions is, "Is your website ready to have traffic?". Do you have the system to take on the hundreds or thousands of people coming to your site and I'm talking bandwidth. How is payment being directed, through Paypal, shopping cart, etc?. Are the products available NOW and ready to be shipped or downloaded?. All these little things adds up.

And lets say your site is ready to go .... then Keyword Research is your next move. Finding the keywords that people are searching for and build an seo foundation. I mean I can go on and on about this stuff but I'm not. Its better you watch a video or get more info from a expert.

But one thing you would never want to do, is have your website banned by Google for spamming and listing your site on every directory or blog is a no-no.

Anyways, just a brief tip of what can be done for now.

Unread 09-14-2011, 12:13 AM

18 posts, read 11,998 times
The one and only thing you must take care of at the time of start-up of your business is the required office space as well as the environment of your business. As you have started your business you must require to have the marketing of your particular business. This can only be done by the Search Engine. So you must start promoting your business. All the best to you.

Unread 09-14-2011, 03:56 AM

496 posts, read 753,974 times
I think it would largely depend on your type of business. Is it a local restaurant? Advertise on Yelp, create a Facebook page, send out coupons, mailers, etc. Are you selling a product? If so, what type and are there tradeshows or industry specific magazines and website discussing your type of product. Every service or product requires a different marketing and ad so don't expect a one shot formula for all businesses.

Unread 09-14-2011, 11:09 AM

4 posts, read 3,912 times
The best way to get yourself on Google is to start building some links to your site from other pages. You can do this in many ways, but here are a few basics:

1) Directories. Submit your website to relevant web directories. A good way to find relevant directories is to search for them on Google like this: "Product Name directory" or "industry name directory" or "product category directory". You get the idea.

2) Social Bookmarking. Submitting your site to Digg, Stumbleupon, and similar sites will give your site great visibility and the chance to go viral.

3) Quality Content. Make sure that the content on your website contains information people are looking for online. It may be easy to list a bunch of products and their descriptions, but it may be beneficial to write articles about your product or industry. "How To" type articles are great for bring in traffic.

4) Social. Create Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Linked In pages for your website/company. Interact on them daily and grow your fanbase. Once you have a substantial amount of fans, you can expect some steady conversions.

That should keep you busy for awhile. Keep in mind that link building is an ongoing project and should be approached with consistency in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business