Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 AM

11 posts, read 22,507 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Calgary by the end of this year. did a little research and found Sundance is a good community. lower house price (~500K) and good elementary school (Fish Creek). The company I will join is at south of Glenmore and west of deerfoot. Anyone lived there before? Is it too far to my work? Bad traffic? any suggestions are welcome! thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 01:55 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,280,740 times
Sundance is nice, if a bit dated. It was part of the first boom, so at this point the homes are in the 30 year old range. So expect small closets and bathrooms, minimal ensuites, etc. There are lots of amenities near by so that is a plus.

You'll quickly realize that traffic is always horrible, just by varying degrees. The commute from Sundance to the Deerfoot Meadows area shouldn't be more than 10-30 minutes. (best-worst)

Old 11-07-2011, 07:44 PM

475 posts, read 814,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxcanadian View Post
I am planning to move to Calgary by the end of this year. did a little research and found Sundance is a good community. lower house price (~500K) and good elementary school (Fish Creek). The company I will join is at south of Glenmore and west of deerfoot. Anyone lived there before? Is it too far to my work? Bad traffic? any suggestions are welcome! thanks.
great community...ALL schools are within walking distance elementary to high school..all public and separate...lake fees are only 225 bucks a year.... shopping and LRT are just minutes away you can walk to them ...22X is right at your doorstep to get into the Kananaskis..hiking MTBing etc are just 40 minutes away...oh and Fish Creek Park is just a few blocks in either direction.

Why would anyone any where else?

Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Sundance is nice, if a bit dated. It was part of the first boom, so at this point the homes are in the 30 year old range. So expect small closets and bathrooms, minimal ensuites, etc. There are lots of amenities near by so that is a plus.

You'll quickly realize that traffic is always horrible, just by varying degrees. The commute from Sundance to the Deerfoot Meadows area shouldn't be more than 10-30 minutes. (best-worst)

????? ahhhhhh you couldn't be more wrong...my house was built in 94. This community was started in the 80s but wasn't finished for 15 years.

Three large bedrooms ALL with walk in closets..our ensuite is 12 by 18.

traffic is no differnt then any other community..if you have to head north.

if you can commute after 8:30 AM it's no big deal. I can drive DT in less than 30 minutes in decent weather. Glenmore and Deerfoot is no big deal.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,280,740 times
Downtown at 2 a.m. or during daylight on the two days a year that have decent weather or no accidents.

It is a great location though. K country is close. Banff is a trek. All in all it is a good community.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Banff is for tourists!

Downtown at 9 am..believe it or not I've left downtown at 4;30 PM and have been home by 5!

Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM

311 posts, read 1,137,955 times
Probably one of the best communities in Calgary with it's close proximity to Fish Creek Park, Deerfoot Trail and Highway 22X leading up to Bragg Creek and Kananaskis. Also this community is very quiet as it's right on the edge of the city. It also looks very nice and clean with lot's of nice spots and fun around. The only drawback I would see is that it's a little bit further from Downtown. Other than that it's a great community and not too expensive either. Basically anywhere in the south is nice and much better than the north in Calgary. But Sundance seems like one of the best areas in the city for sure.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:59 AM

Default How is Strathcona park?

how is Strathcona park area? Is commute would be a problem if the work is at Burbank Road SE? Is Glenmore trial terrible during the rush hours? I search on Google map and it's only about 16 km and 20 min. Thanks for any information!

Old 11-13-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxcanadian View Post
how is Strathcona park area? Is commute would be a problem if the work is at Burbank Road SE? Is Glenmore trial terrible during the rush hours? I search on Google map and it's only about 16 km and 20 min. Thanks for any information!
Not that far but Glenmore AT Crowchild to MacLeod trail can be a bit of a bungle in the AM and PM.
especially if it's snowing as Calgary's snow removal policy is dismal at best.

Last edited by Stokes172; 11-13-2011 at 02:23 PM..

Old 11-15-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokes172 View Post
Not that far but Glenmore AT Crowchild to MacLeod trail can be a bit of a bungle in the AM and PM.
especially if it's snowing as Calgary's snow removal policy is dismal at best.
Thanks for the traffic info. any idea how is the strathcona park area? school? housing? etc. Any information is welcome. thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary