U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2013, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,584 times

Advertisements

Moving to Edmonton( in January, next year) for 2 year permanent offer from Bioware ( game studio)
Where should i rent? I am looking for walkable distance to BioWare (4445 Calgary Trail Northwest
Edmonton, AB T6H, Canada)
Also to be very safe, low crime, if possible.

And to be around: Food markets, restaurants, clots shops, electronic, malls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 05:02 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,959,744 times
Mods, please move this thread to the Edmonton sub-forum.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:36 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,608,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochkodete View Post
Moving to Edmonton( in January, next year) for 2 year permanent offer from Bioware ( game studio)
Where should i rent? I am looking for walkable distance to BioWare (4445 Calgary Trail Northwest
Edmonton, AB T6H, Canada)
Also to be very safe, low crime, if possible.

And to be around: Food markets, restaurants, clots shops, electronic, malls.
Generally speaking, south of the river is safer, but pricier than north (and to be within walking distance of that address, you'll have to be on the south side). Crime in that area should be relatively low - while Edmonton has a relatively high crime rate, it is largely concentrated in the area north of downtown - most other areas are quite safe.

South Edmonton Common is one of the city's larger shopping areas (primarily large stores/strip malls, etc) and is located along Calgary Trail from 23rd ave. southward. If you were to rent south of your work, you could conceivably be within walking distance of both your office and South Edmonton Common. The Calgary Trail/Gateway Blvd. corridor is also one of the city's major thoroughfares, so there's lots of shopping, restaurants, etc. located throughout the length of it.

I have no idea what rents are like, nor what is available, but a neighbourhood like Duggan or Bearspaw would be ideal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary