Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 04:41 AM

4 posts, read 9,117 times

Advertisements

I think Montreal is full of leftists and weirdo. The life style was not really good :/

Street Medic.- Wanna exchange information ? We could exchange e-mail or something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 2,340 times
Montreal vs Calgary

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 10-30-2014 at 08:18 AM..

Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 15,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityman000 View Post
From Montreal to Calgary only if you are not doing well in Montreal otherwise it doesn't make sense.
Montreal is a lot much more vibrant and cultural city than Calgary is right now, style of living in Montreal is one of the best however Calgary is booming and maybe in 10-15 years it can be as vibrant and cultural as Montreal.
I say give yourself a chance in the job market maybe it will happen for you and if it doesn't than pack your things and move to Calgary or maybe Vancouver..
Thanks a lot for respond its excellent.I am in IT and not sure Calgary or Toronto in this case....

Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 PM

250 posts, read 642,940 times
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/10/26..._r=0&referrer=

Old 10-28-2014, 08:09 AM

2 posts, read 4,193 times
Hi
i live in Montreal since 2009, and when i landed here, i couldn't find job, so i went to the college and got a degree in Avionics( aviation electronics) and my grades were high enough to get a good job and in addition i speak fluent french, English and arabic ( my mother tongue language).Now i'm struggling to find a job because my name is not a Quebecois name.
All my Quebecois class mates found good jobs, despite my grades were far high comparing to them.
Now i'm really sick about this province, and i want to leave this crappy place.
i want to live in English province and i don't want to speak french any more.I'm married ( no children).
i don't mind if i don't find a job in aviation in Calgary, but all i want is leaving Quebec, because i'm really disappointed about their system , even the quality of life is not high.The streets here are worst than a poor African country.
I want to give an advice to the new comers.Don't come here in Quebec because Quebecois hate immigrants and that's it.
Sorry, for being negative, but the reality here is tough.

Last edited by kgavionics; 10-28-2014 at 09:33 AM..

Old 02-06-2015, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,926 times
I'm from Trois-Rivieres in Quebec and have been 4 years in Calgary. We are moving back to Montreal this summer.

CALGARY PROS: economy, the rockies are close
CALGARY CONS: pretty boring & people are artificial (all about money)

We are looking forward to be in a more vibrant & cultural city like Montreal.

Old 02-06-2015, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 4,193 times
Quebec is the worst province in all aspect.quebec is sinkig boat.
Full of racist franchies

Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM

909 posts, read 1,153,191 times
For people who have been to both Montreal and Calgary throughout the winter, which do you think feels colder? Statistically Calgary has a higher average temperature in the winter, but which felt colder to you when taking everything into account? Is it really a lot colder in Montreal and is it a big difference?

Old 02-07-2015, 05:03 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioEnrique View Post
Montreal is cool
Calgary is just cold

Live style in Montreal rocks
Live Style in Calgary socks

Salaries in Montreal socks
Salaries in Calgary rocks

Roads in Montreal are not even 3th world class, is better to walk
Streets and roads in Calgary are awesome, but urban landscape is boring.

If you come to Calgary is just for the money.
Better to forget all the fun you had in Montreal. The goo news is that you can save money in Calgary to escape from Boring-land once a year.
Calgary winter 2015 has been like Spring. Most of the time, a sweater is enough to stay warm - today a long sleeve t-shirt was enough. The weather is perfect. -30C to +30C is a healthy annual environment.

Money flows like oil in Calgary, until the price of oil sinks.

Urban Landscapes near the Rocky Mountains, with mountain rivers running through the city centre... multiple pedestrian, train, and traffic, bridges, urban parks, raptor birds, moose, deer ... Regina has boring urban landscape.

Boringland might offer more exotic vacations.

Boringland, Calgary is a good place to live. However, if the price of oil stays low, the economy will falter, equalization payments will not be generous, and the country will falter. Layoffs in the oil industry means that there will be many highly qualified professionals to fill available positions. That would not be a good time to move to Calgary.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:07 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
For people who have been to both Montreal and Calgary throughout the winter, which do you think feels colder? Statistically Calgary has a higher average temperature in the winter, but which felt colder to you when taking everything into account? Is it really a lot colder in Montreal and is it a big difference?
I was in Montreal one summer and I can say that there is higher humidity in Montreal. Calgary is a low humidity city. High humidity usually means that the cold wind blows through you, so you have to layer cotton and wool clothing to stay warm. In Calgary, something to break the wind goes a long way towards staying warm ... gortex shell with hood, and a fleece. Winter feels colder in a high humidity city like Ottawa than in Calgary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary