Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 07:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,935 times

Advertisements

My girlfied and I and our 2 dogs are looking to relocate to calgary from Niagara falls Ont. And was wondering if anybody has ever made the move and would be able to lend a helping hand .

Is job avaialabilty high?
Average cost of rent on a 2 bedroom house ?

Any information would help thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 07:53 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,886,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabgod905 View Post
My girlfied and I and our 2 dogs are looking to relocate to calgary from Niagara falls Ont. And was wondering if anybody has ever made the move and would be able to lend a helping hand .

Is job avaialabilty high?
Average cost of rent on a 2 bedroom house ?

Any information would help thanks
Unemployment is rising in Calgary because of the oil industry slump. For example, a year ago we filled a position and this year we filled another position with the same role. Last year there were 16 applications, this year there were more than 75 ... they were from all over the country. We selected applicants that were in Calgary first, and in Alberta second. 74 of those people are still looking for a job.

A 2 bdrm house cost depends on the area. Outer city you might find something for $1200, inner city you'll find a 1 bdrm for $1200. Many landlords do not allow pets for the simple fact that cats pee in the house and dogs poop in the yard. Both damage property.

In what industry are each of you employed?

Old 02-26-2016, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,401 times
Default Moving to Calgary

There are many good reasons to move to Calgary, check out this link for the top ten reasons to move to Calgary. Also lots of other good blog posts on the subject. [url]https://furniturerelocators.ca/top-ten-reasons-move-calgary/[/url]

Old 04-06-2016, 11:12 PM

174 posts, read 212,018 times
Default Moving to Calgary, need advice

I'm also considering moving to Calgary. Coming from Houston, yes, I completely understand about the impact of the price of oil on the economy! But I've been drawn to Calgary (Alberta in general) for many years and would love to be that close to all the beautiful nature and outdoor recreation options nearby.

Questions:

1. Average price for a very basic 1-bedroom apartment within a reasonable commute of the city?
2. Any Calgary neighborhoods to avoid or great ones for renters?
3. How's the mature singles/single-again scene there?
4. Are there enough entertainment, dining, and shopping options to keep someone who's lived primarily in Toronto and Houston satisfied?
5. If you can speak to this, what are most single women there like in terms of attitude, expectations, openness to dating?
6. Is Edmonton a better bet for jobs and quality of life right now?

Old 04-17-2016, 02:21 PM

6 posts, read 5,213 times
I'm a landlord and rents have come down about 15%. Average 2 bedroom would be about $850 + utilities. In terms of entertainment, I think Calgary is a lot better than Edmonton, but that's just my opinion (mountains, foothills, zoo, science center, pubs, nightclubs, restaurants, etc. Whether or not Calgary is better for jobs depends on the work. I'm also an electrician and work has been steady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary