U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 05:01 PM

4,290 posts, read 3,939,746 times

Advertisements

I understand what the guy says in this video about the pictures, and I also have a daughter. Little Taliyah reminds me of my daughter in some of her pics. This really hit home. I wish there was something I could do.

R.I.P Little Taliyah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tXtCnXlzs8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2016, 11:29 AM

6,754 posts, read 3,359,240 times
Default It is too late for her ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I understand what the guy says in this video about the pictures, and I also have a daughter. Little Taliyah reminds me of my daughter in some of her pics. This really hit home. I wish there was something I could do.

R.I.P Little Taliyah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tXtCnXlzs8
This sort of situation happens all over the world on a regular basis. The difference between this situation is that it happend to a child in a major city in Canada and made the news. Children are the most volunterable members of our society.

This is related to why I get so mad when I hear people make thread and comments about "going to this or that developing country to meet a girl". Kids especially from poor families in these developing countries are being taken or sold by their families and are being trafficed as young as this to use used and abused and tossed out like garbage afterwards. There are sick people out there that just don't care and will harm anyone regardless of age and volunerabilty to make few bucks.

This related to the global issue from an American prespective ...

Child Trafficking Statistics

This relates to the issues in Centra America alone...

COSTA RICA: New Film Provides Window on Pedophile Rings | Inter Press Service

Watch this movie ... the situation appears to have gotten even worse since it was created .....

Password: Una mirada en la oscuridad (2002)
Password: Una mirada en la oscuridad (2002) - IMDb

Or better yet read some of the comments from men in the Mexico thread .... several references to men from the USA or Canada going to Mexico and buying a young girl to live with them.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:21 PM

4,290 posts, read 3,939,746 times
Human trafficking and violence against children is a serious problem in certain parts of the Americas and other parts of the world. Obviously our media will report on what happens here, I would hear about this on the radio everyday. This really really bothred me......I agree though we should also be more mindful and vocal about child exploitation and abuse in other places.

About the thread where the guy was asking which country to go meet girls in. When he used the word girl, I don't think he meant underage girls. If you really feel that he was implying that he wanted to actually meet a little girl then you should report him to the moderator and the police. Otherwise there is no point in just complaining about it. I personally don't like those threads about sexual escapades in Latin America either I find them offensive but I don't think he meant he was looking for children.

There is a movie on netflix called " the chosen ones". I started watching it,I havent finished yet. You might want to check it out if you haven't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOXbdbSrSE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or