Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 37,691 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Im trying to do research for a report. I looked at the city data list already of least deverse places but it does not tell you if its mostly black, mostly white, mostly asian, or mostly hispanic. It just says these are the "least diverse" without telling you what nationality that they are talking about.

Does anyone know what cities in CA have the highest white population?
Also, what cities in CA have the highest white and asian population?
Also, what cities in CA have a hispanic population under 20%?
Im not white pride so please dont be offended. Im just doing some research. I dont hate any color person for the record. I'm Italian if anyone is wondering.

If you could help me find these statistics it would be a great help. Thanks!

Chastity
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 02:00 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,150,265 times
Do you want all cities, or just cities over certain size (say, over 50,000 or 100,000 residents)?

Top five White cities are Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Coronado, Beverly Hills, and Encinitas. The "whitest" city over 100,000 residents is Thousand Oaks.

Top five Asian cities are Monterey Park, Cerritos, Walnut, Milpitas, and Rosemead.

Top five White+Asian cities are La Cañada Flintridge, Newport Beach, Beverly Hills, Saratoga, Laguna Beach.

There are at least 50 cities and CDPs with less than 20% hispanic population. The largest of those is San Francisco.

You can go here

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet..._G00_&_lang=en

select "place" -> "California" -> "all places", pick tables B02001 and B03002, download everything in Excel format, and sort as you like.

Last edited by esmith143; 06-21-2010 at 02:10 PM..

Old 06-21-2010, 03:56 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,260,599 times
trying to get away from brown people?

Old 06-21-2010, 04:42 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esmith143 View Post
Do you want all cities, or just cities over certain size (say, over 50,000 or 100,000 residents)?

Top five White cities are Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Coronado, Beverly Hills, and Encinitas.
Nowhere north of the Golden Gate Bridge?

Old 06-21-2010, 05:28 PM

1,504 posts, read 6,150,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Nowhere north of the Golden Gate Bridge?
Redding and Napa are near the top, within the margin of error. In fact, the table B03002 from the census site, which does not have data for many smaller cities, shows Redding as whitest (82.5% non-hispanic white) followed by Atascadero and Rocklin.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:29 PM

122 posts, read 587,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
trying to get away from brown people?
Perhaps the OP is. So what? Is that a crime?

Funny how whites are reproached and indeed castigated by the soft hand of tyranny for flocking to places to live amongst birds of their own feather, and yet non-whites who move into white communities -- many times illegally -- frequently refuse to assimilate and speak the common language, and moreover, once they get settled in for a shot at their "better life" and the "American Dream," they invariably move to sequester themselves away inside ethnic barrios and enclaves within the larger community, and consort with birds of their own feather. And they are issued a pass. It is a crime, sadly, for the white to fly.

White is becoming the new brown. I am white and I feel oppressed. Give it a few more years for the numbers to pile up and exceed critical mass, and it'll be prime time to call in the NAAWP. I'll be going on the dole and kicking back and living fat like they've been doing on our dime for the span of my entire lifetime. It'll be our day in the sun. I need to stock up on sunscreen. Been a long time coming, but I know a change gonna come. Oh, yes it is.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM

205 posts, read 211,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laocoön View Post
Perhaps the OP is. So what? Is that a crime?

Funny how whites are reproached and indeed castigated by the soft hand of tyranny for flocking to places to live amongst birds of their own feather, and yet non-whites who move into white communities -- many times illegally -- frequently refuse to assimilate and speak the common language, and moreover, once they are settled in for a shot at a "better life" and the "American Dream," they invariably move to sequester themselves away inside ethnic barrios and enclaves within the larger community, and consort with birds of their own feather. And they are issued a pass.

White is the new brown. I am white and I feel oppressed. Give it a few more years for the numbers to pile up and exceed critical mass, and it'll be prime time to call in the NAAWP. I'll be going on the dole and kicking back and living fat like they've been doing on our dime for the span of my entire lifetime. It'll be our day in the sun. I need to stock up on sunscreen. Been a long time coming, but I know a change gonna come. Oh, yes it is.
I forgot , whites are not the majority in the U.S. So they have a hard time finding other whites to live around. LOL @ white is the new brown Are you a white supremacist?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:50 PM

2 posts, read 37,691 times
Thank you esmith145. Helpful stats. One more question for my report. The ratio of hispanics and states that have beaches. I already know CA has beaches, and a high number of hispanics. But can you help with the states Im not familiar with? Im not even sure which states all have beaches? Can you tell me which states that have beaches that have a high percentage of hispanics? And which states have beaches that have a low percentage of hispanics (if any)? Thank you
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 06-23-2010, 06:25 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,464,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChastityLocke View Post
Thank you esmith145. Helpful stats. One more question for my report. The ratio of hispanics and states that have beaches. I already know CA has beaches, and a high number of hispanics. But can you help with the states Im not familiar with? Im not even sure which states all have beaches? Can you tell me which states that have beaches that have a high percentage of hispanics? And which states have beaches that have a low percentage of hispanics (if any)? Thank you
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Look at Maine & New Hampshire. They both have coastlines and are buck white.....

Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 13,249 times
does anyone know how to do this with factfinder2? You would be a lifesaver, because I can't seem to figure out how to do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California