U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 03:12 PM

11,433 posts, read 17,118,680 times

Advertisements

It's not that theres more in So. Ca. it's just that the media coverage is very good and why they run is because criminals are stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 05:26 PM

25,665 posts, read 24,268,912 times
I've watched episodes where they are chasing through Pomona or Upland, and I reckonize the areas from the aerial view.
But there seem to be a lot in Miami and Seattle areas too. Phoenix isnt excluded, but it has its fair share of criminals, they just dont televise it, they obviously cant show every sick crime every time.

As for those chases, yes, I guess when people are so strung out on drugs (as they usually show on those chase shows) they think they are superhuman and can out do anyone, even cops. I have friends out here who are cops, one is a K9 cop and he's had his share of chases.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:19 PM

840 posts, read 6,046,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_A_Woman View Post
I've watched episodes where they are chasing through Pomona or Upland, and I reckonize the areas from the aerial view.
But there seem to be a lot in Miami and Seattle areas too. Phoenix isnt excluded, but it has its fair share of criminals, they just dont televise it, they obviously cant show every sick crime every time.

As for those chases, yes, I guess when people are so strung out on drugs (as they usually show on those chase shows) they think they are superhuman and can out do anyone, even cops. I have friends out here who are cops, one is a K9 cop and he's had his share of chases.
Actually I don't hear anything on car chases in Seattle and I currently live in the Northwest. Those car chase shows do show a couple chases in Phoenix but I have yet to see any from Seattle. If they did show a chase from there I must have missed it.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:04 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,018,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Now there's a good, honest reply!!
Well, everyone I know says I really... really suck at being politically correct.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:49 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,600,126 times
Probably has something to do with the huge concentration of media in SoCal and the legendary size of the freeway network we have here.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:32 PM

Either way, no matter where we live, there is still going to be crime. There may be less in smaller towns because everyone knows everyone, but point being, is there still is no complete escape from it. And it doesnt change how I feel about Calif, despite the high cost of living there (and we know wages usually have to at least meet the cost of living anywhere), I still call it 'home'.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:47 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,410,358 times
the answer is simple,,,

other states still allow a good 'ol fashioned ass whupin when the chase is done.. here in California we have to be politically correct and ask the bad guys to make nice.... please...

Crooks know they arent going to get a beating in California...Rodney King changed all that... try running from the poleece in Beauford County Tennesee where the Sheriff knows your daddy and see what happens

We're working on some Stars Wars Batman and Robin stuff, (GPS darts, Microwave emitters, directed EMP), but that stuff is still years off... for now its spike strips, PIT maneuvers, (we cant do them but we can lead them to CHP who can!!!), helicopters... and the best for last.. a watch commander who wont let the pursuit go and terminates it for being out of policy (which is pretty restrictive. We (LASD, generally, can only chase dangerous felons).... A couple of local SO CAl cities tried a "no pursuit" policy but it didnt last.. I mean what do you do.. let a bank robber drive away and just say.. sorry we can chase him?... nuts..... there has to be a line in the sand in society where we all say.. enough..

Occasionally suspects still fall down on the way to the radio car.. but its very rare anymore,,, your livelihood just isnt worth it.. crooks know this,, they have nothing to fear,,,

cam

Last edited by notmeofficer; 06-22-2007 at 10:55 PM..

Old 06-23-2007, 07:03 AM

Well said.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:27 AM

21,956 posts, read 21,453,281 times
It's a sad situation for sure. It sure sounds like it benefits the "bad-guy". It's so way out of hand in CA. What's next? You can't discipline your children, the crooks can't be harmed, but they'd shoot you in a minute...is it any suprise that it just keeps getting worse?? Here in NC I do see parents disciplining their children, not beating them but keeping them in line. And the word is here, you say "yes sir" when talking to any form of law enforcer. You do not show any kind of disrespect to them. I understand there are bad people everywhere and people who do not follow the rules but it sure does seem with what is happening in CA that they are breeding these kind of problems. I have noticed in the two months I have lived here, moving from Los Angeles, a complete difference in the way the children show respect for the adults and the way people think about law enforcement. It's a different world!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:50 AM

840 posts, read 6,046,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

other states still allow a good 'ol fashioned ass whupin when the chase is done.. here in California we have to be politically correct and ask the bad guys to make nice....
California police can still give an ass whoopin' if the suspect gets aggressive and starts fighting with cops or they get tasered or shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or