Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2010, 12:32 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times

Advertisements

Cyanna, it's called voyeur, one who practices voyeurism; similarily this term doesn't have a silent 'ag' (kidding).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 02:56 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,482,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Cyanna, it's called voyeur, one who practices voyeurism; similarily this term doesn't have a silent 'ag' (kidding).
Peeper, voyeur, they are still the same pervert, LOL! Okay, maybe not ALL voyeurs are perverts, but most peepers are

Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
you don't like gays

#1: Because a person doesn't like hasty justice, conflicts of interest, or haphazard rulings, they automatically "hate gays".

Whatever dude. Point is, the appeal should be allowed to continue, and let the chips fall where they may. I'll support whatever the final outcome is, regardless of what that outcome happens to be, because then it'll be the final authority making the decision - a group of judges who all weigh in and not a single judge with a clear bias in intent.

You feel differently - do you. ^that right there is what I believe. Period.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:15 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
Now Imperial County wants to DEFEND prop 8.
Imperial County fights for spot in Prop 8 debate - SignOnSanDiego.com

Old 09-06-2010, 01:45 PM

^ bump

Old 09-06-2010, 02:04 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times

Old 09-06-2010, 02:15 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Wow, the ripples from this will be MASSIVE, considering the huge influence of a county with 185,000 people, 54,924 of whom are registered voters, 12,969 of whom turned out to vote in the last election.

Old 09-06-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
You're happy about that?!?!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:12 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,986,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
#1: Because a person doesn't like hasty justice, conflicts of interest, or haphazard rulings, they automatically "hate gays".
"hasty justice"...

The decision took months to come down after the trial was held. Do you have anything - anything at all - besides talking points that just don't jibe with reality?

I didn't say you hated gays - I said you didn't like them. I do understand, however, that you think your position looks better when you lie about what I said. Your dishonesty is no surprise, given the numerous false claims you've already made about this case and appeals in general, though I do suspect that as often as not, such claims are from utter ignorance rather than disingenuity.

Quote:
Whatever dude. Point is, the appeal should be allowed to continue, and let the chips fall where they may. I'll support whatever the final outcome is, regardless of what that outcome happens to be, because then it'll be the final authority making the decision - a group of judges who all weigh in and not a single judge with a clear bias in intent.
Keep knocking down those strawmen...

No one has ever said the ruling can't be appealed. Again, just another red herring on your part, suggesting that it won't be appealed. It will be appealed. And, frankly, I don't find the Ninth Circuit's ruling on the stay unreasonable. I would have ruled otherwise, but I think their ruling is reasonable. And that's what differentiates you and I - I don't put forth the inane claims that you do when a decision comes don't with which I disagree. You've whined that this decision was "knee jerk", "arbitrary", forcing courts to "scramble", "screaming of desperation", "power tripping", "runaway judge", "one-sided decision". Because that's all you've got. You wouldn't understand the decision even if you read it, so you don't have an issue with it. You can't have an issue with it. What you dislike is the outcome. Period.

And, again, this is how our judicial system works. This has been explained to you - for over two hundred years, at the federal district court level individual judges have been issuing rulings. And you're acting like this is unusual. It's not.

Quote:
You feel differently - do you. ^that right there is what I believe. Period.
Morally relativistic nonsense. This is not a mere 'difference of opinion'. You support oppressive laws designed to marginalize people you dislike because of who that are.

Instead of all this hysterical hyperbole, why don't you for once tell us what you don't like about the decision? Beyond the outcome, I mean. What part of the building of the case based on Lawrence v. Texas (2003) do you find inapplicable in Judge Walker's decision? How does Romer v. Evans (1996) not inevitably lead to Judge Walker's Due Process ruling? Which of the several dozen findings of fact from the trial do you reject, and why?

You have no commentary on any of these things. You don't care. All that concerns you is outcome. You couldn't care any less about precedent and caselaw.

And that's why you can do nothing but attack the judge and the ruling with vague and scary but meaningless adjectives.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Wow, the ripples from this will be MASSIVE, considering the huge influence of a county with 185,000 people, 54,924 of whom are registered voters, 12,969 of whom turned out to vote in the last election.
HAHA Not to mention it has the highest unemployment rate in the whole country at around 34%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California