U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:39 AM

31 posts, read 36,486 times
I have read all the replies.It is very kind of you,thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 01:14 AM

14,085 posts, read 11,709,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanxia View Post
I'm sorry I'm listening a song now."It never rains in southern California."
Is it really?Never rains?Or it pours?
I'm come from southern China.So I don't know.
It rains about 35 to 45 days per year, on average, in most parts of coastal Southern California. Most of that rain falls between November and March.

Old 08-21-2010, 01:28 AM

5,046 posts, read 3,436,327 times
It rains a lot in late Fall to early Spring.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:49 AM

8,315 posts, read 10,063,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You are always complaining about the weather. We had one of the coolest summers on record [in-fact we broke all records for cool temps in many parts of California this summer]. I remember you writing about how it was great that you didn't have to use your swamp coolers, remember? Now that it is back to normal weather you get all negative. People would love to live in our climate.
I miss summer rains, cool & crisp falls, the first frost & snow. The avg rainfall here is maybe 15". I just miss the 4 seasons. I didnt use my cooler till mid july this yr. Thats quite rare & i bet it wont happen again for a very long time.

Ca weather is boring & predictable. Our falls are in the 80s but i prefer the 60s. So.ca averages over 300 days of sunshine annually. BORING!!

Old 08-21-2010, 04:52 AM

753 posts, read 820,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Ca weather is boring & predictable. Our falls are in the 80s but i prefer the 60s. So.ca averages over 300 days of sunshine annually. BORING!!
You live up to the stereotype of being a whiny, obnoxious northeasterner who blathers about how it's better back east.

Why don't you take the initiative to move back? Is it just easier to just whine a lot?

You remind me of why I'm glad to be a CA native. I'm not like you.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
You live up to the stereotype of being a whiny, obnoxious northeasterner who blathers about how it's better back east.

Why don't you take the initiative to move back? Is it just easier to just whine a lot?

You remind me of why I'm glad to be a CA native. I'm not like you.
Its obvious the constant ca sun has fryed your brain. I NEVER said its better back east. Its also obvious you never experienced the 4 seasons & im not from the north east.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:13 AM

7,413 posts, read 3,208,284 times
Quote:
I miss summer rains, cool & crisp falls, the first frost & snow. The avg rainfall here is maybe 15". I just miss the 4 seasons. I didnt use my cooler till mid july this yr. Thats quite rare & i bet it wont happen again for a very long time.

For a variety of reasons, Southern California has a unique climate. Not everyone is going to be happy because some people do not like lots of sunshine. Where you live it is hot in summer and relatively warm the rest of the year. Rainfall is quite limited. I've done a little research this year comparing the climate of southern California with the rest of the nation and was surprised that it is even warmer here than Texas and northern Florida during winter but cooler the rest of the year compared to those states. Most people would love to have a climate of near 70F winters and 80's to 90's in summer and mostly low humidity.

Sometimes I think it would be great if we had more rainfall especially in summer but then that would mean humid muggy summers. We can't have everything.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 AM

I like sweatshirt (hoodie) weather. I did live in monterey awhile back for about 1 1/2 yrs & i regret moving back to so.ca (riverside & redlands). Summer their was cool & foggy.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:54 AM

31 posts, read 36,486 times
Quote:
Its obvious the constant ca sun has fryed your brain. I NEVER said its better back east. Its also obvious you never experienced the 4 seasons & im not from the north east.
Oh,Please keep calm.
I think every city has its advantage and disadvantage.Love a city is very simple,if you love a person who lives there.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:11 AM

16,587 posts, read 19,676,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Having moved here from Sacramento I have to chuckle a bit. Right now the humidity in Sacto is at 26%. Here in these reviled ol' Ozarks it's 42% and that and the temperature are unseasonably high this year, just as last winter was unseasonably cold.
Don't fall into the relative humidity trap when determining comfort levels. The dew point reading is the true measure of air saturation and comfort level.

F'rinstance, not knowing where the hell you are in SW MO, I picked the current readings for Branson for my comparison:

Branson: RH: 48%, DP: 70

Sacto: RH: 76%, DP: 51

On the human perception scale:
DP of 70 74 F = Very humid, quite uncomfortable
DP of 50 54 F = Very comfortable

So your 40-something RH reading is useless in the face of your sticky, uncomfortable Mizzouri Ozark dew point.

Thank you, thank you. I appreciate the applause. You're all too kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California