U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 02:46 PM

26,345 posts, read 86,820,339 times

Advertisements

It's 68F in El Segundo. Just like it is in February.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 04:24 PM

15,584 posts, read 38,072,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
It's hot, a rattle snake knocked on the door and begged me to please kill him, it was too hot for any killin.
I went out in the yard and ate some wild peyote. I could swear aliens relentlessly probed every orifice of my body while I was um ... napping.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:43 PM

9,869 posts, read 19,784,921 times
Its dark here but no rain. I hear the thunder in the distance & its a lil windy. Here it is august 26th & i havent seen a decent rain in over 4 months yet my friend back east has seen plenty of rain this summer which is normal for penna.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:55 PM

16,768 posts, read 35,838,181 times
And this is normal for So Cal. To anyone in this area wanting measurable Summer rainfall, my suggestion is: move.

You do realize that the penalty for Penna-style weather here in So Cal is Penna weather? Which means suffocating humidity in the summer, and I won't even go into Winter. Then you'd be complaining about that. I'm convinced you're a chronic, serial complainer who is impossible to please.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 PM

9,869 posts, read 19,784,921 times
Actually the weather in johnstown,pa isnt too bad overall due to its location. IF i could afford to move i surely would. Not everybody likes a hot/dry climate. Im not easy to please but im not the only one in this screwed up state. This world is full of scum & i just happen to tell it like it is. Many dont like it but nothing they can do about it. Ask my local assemblyman..ha.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:04 PM

25,627 posts, read 32,789,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
What do you think it was ? UFOs and strangers from a different planet, galaxy or time dont exist but if they do then the govt should tell us. I guess they feel people would panic which im sure many would.
Not even close. China Lake is the Navys weapon testing center. I dont believe in that UFO crap. I do believe the government has a lot of experimental high tech weapons and vehicles in testing all the time.
Your kind of a smart ass arnt you? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
My dad says all this type of stuff are just planes that we are keeping secret. One secret plane crashed near Roswell a long time back. Of course that made all the crazies go crazier. The government won't admit these things because they don't want other governments to know what we have. He said he saw an aerial map of Area 51 recently that has a new hangar in it. New aircraft he suspects. I guess a lot of the concepts we had in the 80's for planes are now possible to make because of technology. I forgot which technology he has suspicions of.

It's been hot here, and we have no air conditioning. Thankfully my office does.
Exactly

Old 08-27-2010, 12:30 AM

5 posts, read 16,734 times
Having a sauna everyday is not a bad thing after all. Hahaha

Old 08-27-2010, 11:51 AM

15,584 posts, read 38,072,073 times
It's pretty humid here today. I'm not even gonna try to straighten my hair today - I'm just gonna go with the Diana Ross look.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:27 AM

11,451 posts, read 17,936,639 times
It was so hot yesterday that Chuck Norris didn't kick anyones ass.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:57 AM

10,234 posts, read 14,777,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
Yuk, you got hit hard. I have family members just west of there near RC.

Fresno topped out at "only" 110 yesterday (highest temp we've had this year).

We are now starting back down today. 105 forecast for today (Thursday) but then a steep drop all the way down to 85 on Saturday . Should be nice outdoor weather this weekend.
When I grew up near Merced in the 50's & 60's 110 degrees was not at all unusual for the Central Valley. I think it's actually "cooled" (?) down a bit over time.

And, though I'm less certain of this, it seems to me that Santa Cruz was warmer in July & August than it has been in the last decade or two. There was always that morning marine layer that predictably burned off by noon. Now, the marine layer often doesn't burn so quickly and is cool a lot more often. To my observation, anyway. (Any long-time S.C. residents there to confirm this?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California