Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:45 PM

2,684 posts, read 7,359,227 times

Advertisements

Man, I just ran 5 miles outside right now. It's cloudy and cool. I love the heat, but even the 100F+ was getting to me.

This was a nice break!

It's kind of cool that Chuck Norris got renewed interest after all those jokes about him came out on the internet. But whatever happened to Jack LaLanne and his power juicer? That old man can probably still kick my butt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:54 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,956,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I love Huell! We actually ran into him a couple of years ago at a gas station in Oakland while refueling our rental car to return it. He was being hassled by panhandlers. My son and I said hello to him and he said "Oh, what now!?!" We all laughed because we were like the only people who didn't want anything from him.

I watched his segment a couple of nights ago on In-n-Out Burger. Very interesting and amaaaaazing!
Have you played the Huell Howser drinking game?
Huell Howser: The Drinking Game | Losanjealous

Old 08-28-2010, 12:56 PM

1,687 posts, read 6,055,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I did miss it, so I'll have to look for it online, because Huell is amaaaaaaaaazing.
Each of the fruit stands offered him a free taste of the fruit like the various types of peaches (yes they really do free tastings at the stands on the fruit trail). The fruit is fresh from the orchards. Of course they were all amazing.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Have you played the Huell Howser drinking game?
Huell Howser: The Drinking Game | Losanjealous
Sounds like something I might have done in my younger years.

Instead of that maybe I will just settle for buying a "Thats Amazing" t-shirt.
Huell Howser T-Shirt

Old 08-28-2010, 01:59 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,251,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
Today's (Saturday's) high in Fresno is forecast to top out at 78 or 79 degrees. Big drop from that 110 earlier this week. I was just in the backyard and there is a nice breeze blowing. If things work out I can get out and do a lot of yardwork and gardening this weekend.

On Sept 18th we'll be at the NORCAL Renaissance Fair (at Casa de Fruta) and I would love it at 78-79 degrees! I wear a costume with a heavy velvet cloak, and let's just say that I'm not quite the lizard I used to be (although a lot of Oregonians think I am).

Ah, yes! I've said it before, and I'll say it again ~ I sure do miss the Central Valley springs!

Old 08-28-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
On Sept 18th we'll be at the NORCAL Renaissance Fair (at Casa de Fruta) and I would love it at 78-79 degrees! I wear a costume with a heavy velvet cloak, and let's just say that I'm not quite the lizard I used to be (although a lot of Oregonians think I am).
I miss "ye" old days at Novato. Even after all these years now I have not adjusted to it being at Casa de Fruta. I haven't made it there in years, instead I walk around at one of the Fresno ones or the Hanford one in October/November.

That cloak sounds like the same problem the Civil War reenactors have in Fresno every year in their wool uniforms and period clothing. With several thousand people in character at the largest west coast reenactment you always see a few who are feeling it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California