Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:33 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,926,680 times

Advertisements

My neighbor went to venice beach last weekend & he said women of all ages were walking around topless with only their nips covered. They were protesting cause men can go topless in public but not women. Its legal to show the hooter but not the nip.

If women want to show their MOD CUT breasts then more power to them. This is just another reason why i despise politicians.

Last edited by NewToCA; 08-24-2010 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: this isn't the Relationships Forum

Old 08-24-2010, 12:14 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,455,419 times
I don't see the point they are trying to make. There are nude beaches they can go to if they feel so strongly about the issue. What is the reasoning behind this, other than the old standby of "Men can do it so why can't we?" Men can also pee standing up, grow beards and mustaches and expel bodily gases with incredible force and loudness. So what?

To even it up, women (not men) experience the incredible beauty and power of growing an actual human being inside themselves.

Here's the facts...the majority of women can watch hundreds of bare-chested men and not be overly impressed or even stimulated by it. Once you've seen one you've seen them all. Men, on the other hand, no matter how old they get, are very likely to act like oogling fools when confronted with a beach full of topless women, because women's breast are viewed as sexual stimulators, where man b**bs are not. If female breasts were viewed simply as functional for providing nourishment to infants it probably wouldn't be a big deal to anyone if women went around topless.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:06 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,318,361 times
They showed the women on television but had to block out their breasts. I think it was a national go topless demonstration. Predictably the women at Venice beach were surrounded by thousands of men with cameras

Topless Protest on Venice Beach – pics! | Yo! Venice!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:18 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,095,758 times
the same thing happened last year, this is nothing new. also, women going topless is legal in NY, but i doubt many women actually do it. there was also an article in the times a couple of weeks ago about how going topless in france is losing popularity. anyways, i'm with steel7 in that the individual should have the choice to go topless or not. however, even if it was legalized, i highly doubt many women would do it, there is too much of a stigma as mentioned by cyanna.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:20 PM

963 posts, read 3,020,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
This is just another reason why i despise politicians.
Yeah...when one thinks of all the problems our country faces and the political responses to them, I bet this is right up there with illegal immigration and double-dip recession on most people's level-of-concern meters.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:00 PM

2,855 posts, read 6,455,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
the same thing happened last year, this is nothing new. also, women going topless is legal in NY, but i doubt many women actually do it. there was also an article in the times a couple of weeks ago about how going topless in france is losing popularity. anyways, i'm with steel7 in that the individual should have the choice to go topless or not. however, even if it was legalized, i highly doubt many women would do it, there is too much of a stigma as mentioned by cyanna.
I would not be against it if a certain half of our society (males) could deal with it in a mature and respectable manner, LOL! It cannot be disputed that in men's magazines, advertisements and movies women and their "bits" are portrayed in a manner which makes them "oogle worthy" in order to stimulate a sexual reaction. This is because men are visual. If you started to take away the glamour and perfection look and portrayed women in a more natural, unmade-up way, public nudity would probably become less of a problem and would be more acceptable. The human body itself is beautiful, but unfortunately only some would be deemed worthy enough of being seen naked in public, while others would be ridiculed and probably told to "cover it up" if they fell short of our society's standards of beauty. To be brutally honest, I really would not care to see Roseanne Barr or Jack Black running around starkers, because like most everyone else, I have been programmed to NOT want to see overweight people naked. Plus, sitting next to naked strangers in the movie theater or a restaurant would kind of put me off

Old 08-24-2010, 02:13 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,233,519 times
Yes, the beach in front of the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz pulled that same bull$hit, I think in the 70's, and it became a "topless beach". Thing is, no one uses it as such. Only once have I seen a woman topless.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:21 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,926,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
They showed the women on television but had to block out their breasts. I think it was a national go topless demonstration. Predictably the women at Venice beach were surrounded by thousands of men with cameras

The 2 young women at the top are cute. The guy in the background seems to be enjoying the scenery. Im not really a breasts guy but not bad looking.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,207,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post

My eye went to the fat kid in the back in the first picture. In the second picture my eye went to the hot guy in the far back center.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:26 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,318,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
My eye went to the fat kid in the back in the first picture. In the second picture my eye went to the hot guy in the far back center.
I noticed him, too. Probably had wet dreams that night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California