U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-28-2010, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,127 times

Advertisements

I and my husband are Empty nesters in early 50's moving to CA. We enjoy going to restaurants, shopping, movies and want to be close to BART. What will be a good safe place not too far away from San Ramon and we still enjoy city life. Money is limited so we are thinking of downsizing and settle for condo or smaller home.
Thank you
Diya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:21 PM

3,477 posts, read 9,061,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diya2010 View Post
I and my husband are Empty nesters in early 50's moving to CA. We enjoy going to restaurants, shopping, movies and want to be close to BART. What will be a good safe place not too far away from San Ramon and we still enjoy city life. Money is limited so we are thinking of downsizing and settle for condo or smaller home.
Thank you
Diya
There is a BART station at Pleasanton/Dublin - only a couple miles from San Ramon. Both are nice, safe middle to upper middle class towns. The largest mall in the area is in Pleasanton Stoneridge Shopping Center - Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Simon Malls

Old 09-24-2010, 01:31 AM

3 posts, read 2,501 times
Hello

Definetely Pleasanton/Dublin are nice, safe, very beautiful places. Pleasanton also has a "downtown", its very pretty.

Danville is also great. if you can afford it i would go there. more expensive than san ramon near Blackhawk area. Danville also has "downtown" , tons of fancy restaurants, there are car shows in the summer...you will see a ton of classic, shiny old school cars that middle aged people are driving around. it is nice. Danville is very unique and has many cutesy stores and fancy upscale supermarkets (which indeed are expensive...but im assuming if you can live in san ramon, that you can afford danville) danville and pleasanton are older when you consider buildings/restaurants/housing, etc. san ramon and dublin have a ton of housing developments, but the newer ones are all squeezed together and more expensive than older houses or condos. there is a small part of dublin that is a bit ghetto, near dublin high school....but it isnt too bad, to be honest. they are rennovating dublin high.

the last place i can think of is walnut creek. definetely the most expensive but very close to a big city feel. they have rennovated it recently. its like a mini san francisco. very beautiful, many nice new cutesy shops, strip malls, trees, etc. it is more snobby and expensive though

hope i could help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California