U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM

16 posts, read 95,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I'm sorry this thread is just ridiculous.

California is a big state with millions of people. Some will be nice, some will be jerks. Avoid the jerks. The end.
so true!! i can't even believe there is a thread about this.its pretty simple,there is mean people in every state and there is nice people also.i am an alaskan at the moment,from cali,and thinking about moving back to cali and i know people there who are not rude and unfriendly,just like here in alaska there are rude people and nice it just depends....

Old 07-16-2007, 04:43 AM

1,749 posts, read 7,677,426 times
It's funny, I just moved back from Hawaii which is supposed to be the friendliest place far and wide. I have to tell you, what a contrast coming back to L.A...I keep meeting such NICE people everywhere! People have been so receptive and helpful. I went to lunch with a total stranger I'd just met on a TV set one day...this would never happen in Hawaii. I was taking my nightly walk about 1030pm and stopped to talk to a girl who was moving and she invited me into her house to see if I wanted anything (Hollywood Hills). Two nights ago I was taking my nightly walk again (this time in Burbank) and happened upon a "for rent" sign (sister needs a place). Again, about 1030 at night. Out pops a lovely young woman who proceeded to show me the place (she was just a neighbor) and then invited me in to check her place out. A security guard at Time Warner came running out the door after me because I'd forgotten my reciept. I was a good way down the walk (Hollywood). A Metro Rail driver opened his window and called after me to make sure I knew which train to take (Red Line). I could go on and on about these acts of kindness I've experienced since I've been back. I feel like I've been in the desert (so to speak) when it comes to kindness and courtesy. I'm conviced it's all about our attitude and what we radiate.

To the OP, sounds like you're fishin' in the wrong pond. The meanest people I've met in California were pretty much all transplants. Like everyplace else, there are good ones and bad ones here. I've met dreadful guys from Arizona too...although not as bad as the ones from Nevada .

Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 AM

25,668 posts, read 24,296,710 times
I cant deny that there are many who come out here, from there, and for the most part, bring their lifestyles with them. But remember too, that Az isnt as hospitable as many might think. Guess we have to take the good with the bad, eh?

Old 07-16-2007, 07:04 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,105,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I've dated a few guys that live here, that came from California and they were just flat out rude and mean. And 1 was so damn snobby I just wanted to slap the s*** out of him!! Why is that?? Why do you guys have to act like that??

I'm not trying to offend anyone and I'm not mad or anything. I'm just damn curious about you folks.
It's california, That's the way it is.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:28 AM

3 posts, read 8,075 times
The problem you're seeing here in the West is all the Jerks from the East Coast(Sorry if I offended anyone) moving out west because the cost of living is cheaper. I was born and raised in Az. and Utah and lived in both these states for 54 yrs. I know the East Coasters don't want to admit it, but your lifestyle and actions are Rude compared to the laid back West. It never used to be like this in Calif. or Nevada where I live(Las Vegas to be exact. I went to a pro baseball game last Sat. Night and was trying to give away Free tickets by the box office(extras I had for the game) and some jerk got in my face and said he had his and coped an attitude with me just for trying to give people something for nothing. I said"Fine, I'll throw them in the garbage". His buddy finally took them. I have traveled all across the U.S. in my line of work and know a Boston accent when I hear them. That is the problem with the West(I know it is going to Hit East Coasters wrong) but the West used to be layed back and friendly until you people started moving out here ie. about 20 yrs. ago. Please take your big city B.S. and move back to the East. We don't need it here. I deal with it everyday driving to work. I'll get out in the fast lane to pass someone running 50MPH and the next thing I know there is some Jerk driving 90mph plus blowing his horn and giving me the finger until I make my pass. I've driven all over the US and you can't hide your East Coast driving habits with a Nevada or Calif. plate on your car. Do both of us a favor, go back to where you came from and kill yourself on their highways. Sorry if this sounded extreme, but this is what's happening out West.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
I've dated a few guys that live here, that came from California and they were just flat out rude and mean. And 1 was so damn snobby I just wanted to slap the s*** out of him!! Why is that?? Why do you guys have to act like that??

I'm not trying to offend anyone and I'm not mad or anything. I'm just damn curious about you folks.
Because they are all from south of the shasta county line! Hopefully when NORTH California breaks away from the rest of the a-holes that have flooded CA over the years, and form the state of Jefferson, you'll meet a nice guy!

Attn "Bay Area" folks. STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!! YOU (and your liberalism) AREN"T WANTED IN THE NORTHSTATE!!!!

FWIW,

Dennis
Shingletown, CA.

BTW, I'd like to help you "slap the sheet" out of "most" Kalifornians! lol

Old 07-19-2007, 11:24 AM

5 posts, read 24,054 times
I always pick the a$$holes and I've always lived in CA. I'm sure if I moved to Oregon I'd pick the jerks from there too lol.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:22 AM

179 posts, read 842,654 times
i aggree with concrete boy.

Old 07-20-2007, 02:24 AM

179 posts, read 842,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
No offense but what a stupid thread! Let's just take a small sample size, make some CONCLUSIONS whether it be good/bad and apply it to entire populations for everything on earth.

Sharks bite from time to time so all sharks must be human killers

My girlfriend can't drive so all women can't drive

I met one person from Colorado and he was weird so everyone in Colorado is weird

Kind of ridiculous don't you think?

perticular to you.... catch up.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:28 PM

30,300 posts, read 16,810,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
I'm sorry this thread is just ridiculous.

California is a big state with millions of people. Some will be nice, some will be jerks. Avoid the jerks. The end.
Couldn't have said it better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or