U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-11-2010, 07:17 PM

6,647 posts, read 6,211,167 times
Murder. People often don't remember when they were hit, especially if on the right side of the head. Or they could have had a trankie of some sort slipped into drinks for the purpose of rape or robbery, that will also sometimes erase memory.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 07:44 AM

12,336 posts, read 13,305,904 times
I'm wondering how many of these incidents have happened so far this year in California? My state is breaking new incident / train suicide records Its at 34 so far.....

Old 09-12-2010, 10:43 AM

7,413 posts, read 3,226,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I'm wondering how many of these incidents have happened so far this year in California? My state is breaking new incident / train suicide records Its at 34 so far.....
Wow I've never heard of committing suicide by being run over by a train except an incident in Glendale several years ago. A guy was despondent over a love affair so he parked his truck on a commuter train track. He chickened out and jumped out of his truck which was hit head on by the train killing 11 people on board including the conductor. A pathetic idiot who got 11 life sentences; he probably wishes he died in the attempt but ended up being a murderer.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:08 AM

12,336 posts, read 13,305,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Wow I've never heard of committing suicide by being run over by a train except an incident in Glendale several years ago. A guy was despondent over a love affair so he parked his truck on a commuter train track. He chickened out and jumped out of his truck which was hit head on by the train killing 11 people on board including the conductor. A pathetic idiot who got 11 life sentences; he probably wishes he died in the attempt but ended up being a murderer.
They seem to know where the highest speeds of the systems are because they all seem to happen in the 90-140mph zones. I think its the economy , because there mostly middle aged adults.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:53 PM

37,715 posts, read 11,710,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Late last month, there was a suicide where someone jumped in front of a train in Anaheim and I believe one occurred in Fullerton earlier this year.

Old 09-13-2010, 02:44 PM

15,210 posts, read 24,879,064 times
It doesn't matter what the news says ... I believe drugs and/or alcohol WERE involved. I heard the 911 tape of the girl who called abot her two friends who were hit. It was released to the media and played incessantly on TV. She sounded like she was stoned out of her gourd! I don't believe they "fell asleep", nor do I believe they "committed suicide". I think they were all stoned!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 PM

794 posts, read 900,783 times
The accidental deaths and suicides are fairly common on the peninsula near Palo Alto, Redwood City area. I remember reading a story a couple of years ago about a high school kid walking home after school on the tracks. He had his back to the train and didn't hear it coming because he was listing to his ipod apparently. Not the smartest thing to do.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:00 PM

5,635 posts, read 6,966,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
The accidental deaths and suicides are fairly common on the peninsula near Palo Alto, Redwood City area. I remember reading a story a couple of years ago about a high school kid walking home after school on the tracks. He had his back to the train and didn't hear it coming because he was listing to his ipod apparently. Not the smartest thing to do.
He might have been listening to this. Boy, do they ever sound like a train. Easily confused with the real thing.

YouTube - Red Foley - Freight Train Boogie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California