Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,261 times

Advertisements

I voted yes
but my vote doesn't matter in a liberal state

Old 10-28-2010, 02:55 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,165,460 times
I say Vote No! If it can't be done, the government won't do it. (Like a lot of other things we pass in California that can't be done at the time we pass it.)

California must move forward! Let's not join the other states in the race back to the 19th Century!!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:28 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I say Vote No! If it can't be done, the government won't do it. (Like a lot of other things we pass in California that can't be done at the time we pass it.)

California must move forward! Let's not join the other states in the race back to the 19th Century!!
Yes! Yes! Let's continue to run the state into the ground with mountains of impossible to understand regulations, and seas of debt; after all it is working so well now.
(Except for that little matter of the state being insolvent.)
Then we can vote ourselves boatloads of entitlements, and chase all the job producing companies out of state, along with the most productive citizens. Then we will have a true liberal utopia.
I do not know why we need to legalize pot; it seems as if we already have plenty of people here who are perpetually stoned and stupid.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,109,373 times
I voted no on 23, to let the previous law stand. The proposition will just postpone the inevitable showdown and I think California will be better off having the issue settled sooner.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:47 AM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
Every time we have a hot day, a windy day, a rainy season they can shout climate change. These scam artists will never give up.
Too bad the polar bears and grizzlies can't comment. Thank goodness that at least in CA, we're trying to do something about it.
Global warming, polar bears: Polar bears not suited to compete with grizzlies - latimes.com

Old 11-27-2010, 11:59 AM

434 posts, read 848,822 times
There is nothing factual or useful about your article. Closest thing to an actual fact is some nonsense about bears' jaw size.

Where is the hard data? What facts does the global warming industry have to support its therory? None. Just emotional stories about poor polar bears.

This is really simple. Show me data that says the earth is warming at an unusual rate. There is no such data. So the only thing you guys have to work with is emotional bunk. It is stunning how far this warming fraud has gotten just on emotional appeal alone.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:06 PM

26,712 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
There is nothing factual or useful about your article. Closest thing to an actual fact is some nonsense about bears' jaw size. Where is the hard data? What facts does the global warming industry have to support its therory? None. Just emotional stories about poor polar bears.
I don't know that I'd call studies "nonsense" that were funded by The National Science Foundation. In addition, it has nothing to do with a "Global Warming Industry."
nsf.gov - National Science Foundation - US National Science Foundation (NSF)

Old 11-27-2010, 04:54 PM

364 posts, read 610,943 times
It has everything to do with the global warming industry. Without the global warming boogeyman there would be less funding for all sorts of useless studies. And less money for the National Science Foundation. Take a look at their website. They are offering several grants for the study of climate change. Do you think they will give you money to do a study challenging the global warming fraud? What a boodogle. Wouldn't bother me if the National Science Foundation were cut off from tax money entirely.

Are you so naive as to not know that there is a huge number of people getting money for validating the global warming theory? Perhaps you have also not heard of those who have lost their jobs for refusing to go along with the hoax.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:55 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
Quote:
This is really simple. Show me data that says the earth is warming at an unusual rate. .
This is for the stubborn people who have trouble with FACTS.

Antarctic ice melting faster than expected

Greenland Ice Sheet Melting Faster Than Expected; Larger Contributor To Sea-level Rise Than Thought

SCAR (Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research)

Old 11-27-2010, 10:42 PM

364 posts, read 610,943 times
Facts? You demand facts and you give us bs.

Show me the unusual rise in temperature. You can't. So you try to sidetrack the discussion by going to polar bears, ice and other nonsense.

Just give me the evidence of unusual warming. We are talking about global WARMING aren't we? Your entire argument is based on computer models that say catastrophic temperature rise will occur in the future. But computers can be made to say anything the programmer wants them to say.

There is no unusual global warming - period. It's all an unproven theory. Or better stated it is a hoax. A lie. A fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California