Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 01:39 AM

2,383 posts, read 3,100,170 times

Advertisements

canibeyou: I stand by my point about the wind. I was born and raised there, and until you move somewhere that the wind never blows (like the disgusting swamp that I live in right now), you may not notice that the wind does blow effectively all the time. It could make a difference that I always lived in the mountains and work in the wind industry. If you're a flatlander, you may well think that's a gentle breeze.

Everyone with bikes and quads has been riding the areas I mentioned for decades, including myself. As long as you're respectful, and know where NOT to go (Old West Ranch, for example), no trouble. And, I said to take your bike OVER wind turbine hill INTO the Mojave to ride.

There are thousands of acres of legal places to ride near Tehach if someone doesn't care to ride commando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 06:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,823 times
Default trails in tahachapi?

hey dudes and dudets, I'm a thumper hailing from bike heaven Apple valley, work has me in tehachapi, staying in stallion springs. I see delicous soft baked rolling hills everywhere, but from the word around here, they froun on a bike, they're all stuck in the 1800's riding donkeys and ponies,"at least my dirt bike doesnt attract flies!" what's the lowdown on the trail situation, where can i go and not get chased out. any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Old 02-26-2009, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 15,753 times
Default tehachapi

We moved out here about 2 years ago and have just bought a house in Tehachapi. The weather is unbelievable. The house we rented for a year and a half didn't even have air conditioning and except for a hand full of days, we were perfectly comfortable, as were our two babies.
It is very windy and you won't get rain from ~April to October, which was a bonus moving from Florida. Winters are wet and we get snow, but it isn't that much and it evaporates quickly. summers rarely gets into the 90's and days are very comfortable. Nights are the best. The temperature drops summer temps 30+ degrees and cools everything down nicely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California