U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:42 PM

8 posts, read 62,780 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Quartz Hill CA and am thinking of moving to Tehachapi. Can anyone give me information on Tehachapi? Crime, etc? Also, my son is an avid dirt bike rider. Is that allowed or frowned upon there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 07:21 PM

11,433 posts, read 17,108,728 times
Very little crime and lots of places to ride, you will love it.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:08 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,842,608 times
Agreed. I grew up there, and we rode all over the place. If your son can drive, he can take his bike right over wind turbine hill into the Mojave to ride.... Ten minutes from town. Better riding does not EXIST in the world. Of that, I am certain.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:28 PM

69 posts, read 270,193 times
Thats great to hear. I heard that the weather is pretty interesting, can anyone tell me more about this? Are the riding area's just open territory or basically places you have to pay?

Old 09-18-2008, 11:42 PM

Tehachapi is called "The Land of Four Seasons" because we're known to experience all four seasons in one day. The weather there is beautiful and amazing, as are the surroundings.

Riding is all open territory. I have never paid to ride in my life, and had a little chuckle just at the thought.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:19 AM

That sounds way too good to be true, whats the catch with this place? I live in pa and most of the riding is pay pay pay, never used to be like that but you either ride on a pay property or ride in illegal area's. I'd move there in a second if it was a riding friendly territory with good weather.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:48 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,605,204 times
Default Sounds like a post for Thumpertalk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla44 View Post
I currently live in Quartz Hill CA and am thinking of moving to Tehachapi. Can anyone give me information on Tehachapi? Crime, etc? Also, my son is an avid dirt bike rider. Is that allowed or frowned upon there?
Check this web site out: ThumperTalk

and go to the California forum...

Old 09-19-2008, 09:01 PM

No "catch"... It's a beautiful place to live with awesome places to ride... all over the place. What specifics do you want to know? I was born and raised there, so, lay it on me. I'll fill you in as best I can.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 PM

Hi thanks for the reply! Well ive been on the forum looking all over for a good place in cali that i could call home. Somewhere with a lot of riding capabilities is absolutely a plus. Im in pa, so weather is harsh 6 months out of the year, so looking for a much better environment/more sun, i dont mind 4 seasons, as long as the winters arent nearly as bad as up here (we get over 100 inches of snow per year). So, as long as its not smoking hot all the time, the folks are friendly, decent area, maybe a nice place to open up a quad shop/customizing paint shop, I would absolutely love to come check it out. I havent been able to ride in years because its just hard to find riding spots around here anymore that you dont have to pay or worry about getting a ticket. Any help is definitely appreciated!

Old 09-20-2008, 12:53 AM

Well, it sounds like you would love Tehachapi, as long as you don't mind the wind blowing 100% of the time!

Here's the link to our hometown newspaper: Tehachapi News - Tehachapi News (http://www.tehachapinews.com/home/ - broken link)

And, here are the forums on the same newspaper website: Blog Index Page - Tehachapi News - Tehachapi News (http://www.tehachapinews.com/home/DynamicPage/4 - broken link)

I'll try to think of some other links and resources to pass-on to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California