U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 12:39 AM

4,579 posts, read 4,750,113 times

Advertisements

Uh carlos, texas is a place that has the largest middle class hispanic population in the world. You just dont get it, and I am a minority like you. Its sad. You dont realize that they just want to make you dependent on their social services and stuck in the caste of society like you are now. They (california liberal politicians) dont want you to have any upward mobility, they dont want people like us in their lofty neighborhoods. they want you right under their thumb where they have you now. Not willing to open your mind and see the truth. I wish you well, and I hope you consider staying home on election day, and I hope one day you see the truth in how the world really works. The only color that matters is green, and the people you are supporting are not going to help you get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 05:52 AM

5,588 posts, read 8,068,620 times
I don't believe Whitman or Fiorina will win in California.

Both of them have business backgrounds, but they don't have "steller" business backgrounds.

The biggest thing I have against Meg Whitman is that she allowed overseas scammers to rip off a lot of eBay customers. She refused to allow verification of sellers because she thought it benefited eBay more to have more users signing up each month (even if the users signing up were scammers who were previously kicked off). There were some HUGE scams run on eBay that no one ever hears about. Buyers lost millions of dollars to people who disappeared overseas, thanks to eBay's "security."

I can understand this from a corporate standpoint -- but this isn't the kind of person I want in a leadership position in government. Sorry, but I want someone with better ethics.

And ethics is the reason Fiorina fails also.

If the Republicans want to win, they need to nominate better people. Ethical people.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:18 AM

7,413 posts, read 3,499,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Uh carlos, texas is a place that has the largest middle class hispanic population in the world. You just dont get it, and I am a minority like you. Its sad. You dont realize that they just want to make you dependent on their social services and stuck in the caste of society like you are now. They (california liberal politicians) dont want you to have any upward mobility, they dont want people like us in their lofty neighborhoods. they want you right under their thumb where they have you now. Not willing to open your mind and see the truth. I wish you well, and I hope you consider staying home on election day, and I hope one day you see the truth in how the world really works. The only color that matters is green, and the people you are supporting are not going to help you get it.
You sound sincere & I appreciate your interest in Hispanics making it in a world where the wealthy get richer while the rest of us struggle to just hold on to what we got, which ain't much. Republicans like Whitman and Fiorina laid off thousands of American workers while giving themselves huge almost scandalous raises. What's wrong with that picture? Republicans just don't get it and thus don't get elected either.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:33 AM

20,775 posts, read 13,577,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Kudos to you from this Latino who escaped the tentacles of liberal enslavement. Slowly Latinos are become educated and able to stand on their own two feet without the help of Democrat Slave Masters. This frightens many subservient Latinos who are still on the plantation and continue to grasp the lactating bosom of failed liberal societal policies. This is why liberals support the illegal alien wave of humanity devastating this country. Its the only way they can get new recruits for their failed Great Society policies and enslave a new generation of Latinos to run their plantation.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
Kudos to you from this Latino who escaped the tentacles of liberal enslavement. Slowly Latinos are become educated and able to stand on their own two feet without the help of Democrat Slave Masters. This frightens many subservient Latinos who are still on the plantation and continue to grasp the lactating bosom of failed liberal societal policies. This is why liberals support the illegal alien wave of humanity devastating this country. Its the only way they can get new recruits for their failed Great Society policies and enslave a new generation of Latinos to run their plantation.
come on! Geez, a bit dramatic wouldn't you say: de un hermano a otro hermano!

Old 10-02-2010, 09:14 AM

50,107 posts, read 42,518,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I don't believe Whitman or Fiorina will win in California.

Both of them have business backgrounds, but they don't have "steller" business backgrounds.

The biggest thing I have against Meg Whitman is that she allowed overseas scammers to rip off a lot of eBay customers. She refused to allow verification of sellers because she thought it benefited eBay more to have more users signing up each month (even if the users signing up were scammers who were previously kicked off). There were some HUGE scams run on eBay that no one ever hears about. Buyers lost millions of dollars to people who disappeared overseas, thanks to eBay's "security."

I can understand this from a corporate standpoint -- but this isn't the kind of person I want in a leadership position in government. Sorry, but I want someone with better ethics.

And ethics is the reason Fiorina fails also.

If the Republicans want to win, they need to nominate better people. Ethical people.
I have never thought they would, but I do think Meg stands a shot regardless of the latest polls.

It isn't only the lack of good candidates, it is breaking the strong hold Democrats have in California. Yes, their governors have been from both parites, but let's face it Arnie won because of the situation at the time. Plus he is anything but a true Republican. Boxer is almost impossible to beat. The Republicans have run a couple of excellent candidates against her, she still pulls it off.

Nita

Old 10-02-2010, 09:41 AM

20,775 posts, read 13,577,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
come on! Geez, a bit dramatic wouldn't you say: de un hermano a otro hermano!
Eh carnal su traductor trabajando bien. Por vatos del barrio el frase es hermano a hermano. Orale pues.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 AM

3,407 posts, read 3,817,694 times
Quote:
Kudos to you from this Latino who escaped the tentacles of liberal enslavement. Slowly Latinos are become educated and able to stand on their own two feet without the help of Democrat Slave Masters.
Like Marco Rubio, Brain Sandoval, and Susan Martinez!:-)

Old 10-02-2010, 01:26 PM

50,107 posts, read 42,518,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Like Marco Rubio, Brain Sandoval, and Susan Martinez!:-)
yep, and hopefully they are all going to come out out on top!!!

Nita

Old 10-02-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Eh carnal su traductor trabajando bien. Por vatos del barrio el frase es hermano a hermano. Orale pues.
It's a lot easier to speak Spanish than to write it! But thanks for correcting the grammar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California