U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-03-2010, 03:44 AM
 
Location: Riverside
3,981 posts, read 1,584,562 times
Reputation: 2852
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
If Gloria Allred is involved, something stinks. She went from someone who used to really care about people who were victimized and turned into this publicity seeking nut case who cares about nothing other than making money. Have you heard her on the various talk shows? She gets eaten alive. Regardless of your political orientation, no way you can slam Whitman on this. If you are a republican you'll give her a pass because there is zero evidence she actually did anything wrong. If you are a democrat you will give her a pass because democrats are very pro immigration anyway. Wasn't her housekeeper just someone who crossed the border illegally to put food on her plate? Give her points for helping to feed the poor girl. LOL
The Wingers would LOVE make this all about Allred, because they think she makes a good dartboard. Unfortunately for them, the misdirection play only seems to be working on their most gullible minions.

Alas for the GOP, Maidgate is all about Meg. There's no way she comes out of this looking like anything except a cross between a moron and a hypocrite, with a dose of Leona Helmsley thrown in. Stick a fork in her. '
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-03-2010, 04:54 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
48,906 posts, read 40,295,542 times
Reputation: 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It helps if people read. It's all there in the newspapers:

"Diaz Santillan said she was hired to work 15 hours a week for $23 an hour, but alleges that her house-cleaning duties quickly expanded to looking after Whitman's children and running family errands, forcing her to work well beyond the agreed time.

She alleged that Whitman refused to pay her for the extra hours or reimburse her for the miles she was driving in her own car.

"She said, 'I cannot help you and don't say anything to my children. I will tell them you already have a new job and that you want to go to school, and from now on, you don't know me and I do not know you. You never have seen me and I have never seen you. Do you understand me?' " Diaz Santillan, dabbing away tears, recalled Whitman saying.

"I was shocked and hurt that Ms. Whitman would treat me this way after nine years," Diaz Santillan said. "I realized at that moment that she did not appreciate my work. She was throwing me away like a piece of garbage.


Allred said Ms Santillan was "exploited, disrespected, humiliated and emotionally and financially abused."

Whitman admits using undocumented immigrant as housekeeper - latimes.com
I have read and watched about everything there is on this case. It is what she said, and she is a known liar, so how can you defend her or beleive her?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 11:11 AM
 
Location: Police State
1,472 posts, read 1,180,441 times
Reputation: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnK78 View Post
Yes, and the housekeeper worked for her for 9 years. Get a new job if it sucked that bad.
I want to get abused for $23 per hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Police State
1,472 posts, read 1,180,441 times
Reputation: 1222
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It helps if people read. It's all there in the newspapers:
W3RD. I normally take all allegations and hearsay as fact too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 11:17 AM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 3,212,917 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have read and watched about everything there is on this case. It is what she said, and she is a known liar, so how can you defend her or beleive her?

Nita
Who's the liar? The maid, Gloria Allred or Meg Whitman? You ask for proof then discard out of hand because you don't like it. Whitman has already backed down on wanting a lie-detector test since her husband has essentially admitted receiving the notice from the Social Security Administration. All Whitman did was allow an undocumented worker to be her housekeeper & nanny for 9 years; that is not an uncommon thing in California. No one is blaming Whitman for hiring an undocumented worker other than Republicans like John & Ken\ KFI who viciously have attacked Whitman for being a hypocrite.

Yesterday Whitman went berserk in the Spanish language debate with Jerry Brown in Fresno. She accused him of ruining her former servant's life and increasing the risk that the lady may be deported. Whitman needs to get a grip and just admit she made a mistake and than tried to cover it up by denying the truth. She is looking desperate and needs to get beyond this issue or let it bring her down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 11:35 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
48,906 posts, read 40,295,542 times
Reputation: 20638
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Who's the liar? The maid, Gloria Allred or Meg Whitman? You ask for proof then discard out of hand because you don't like it. Whitman has already backed down on wanting a lie-detector test since her husband has essentially admitted receiving the notice from the Social Security Administration. All Whitman did was allow an undocumented worker to be her housekeeper & nanny for 9 years; that is not an uncommon thing in California. No one is blaming Whitman for hiring an undocumented worker other than Republicans like John & Ken\ KFI who viciously have attacked Whitman for being a hypocrite.

Yesterday Whitman went berserk in the Spanish language debate with Jerry Brown in Fresno. She accused him of ruining her former servant's life and increasing the risk that the lady may be deported. Whitman needs to get a grip and just admit she made a mistake and than tried to cover it up by denying the truth. She is looking desperate and needs to get beyond this issue or let it bring her down.
what she did yesterday, (which I didn't hear, so can not remark on) has nothing to do with who is lying. The housekeeper produced false documentation. That is the only part of this whole thing that is a proven fact, so, I guess you have your answer? who lied?? I have no idea if Allred or Meg lied about anything, I do know Miss Illegal, which you support so strongly did lie.

If indeed, Meg did exactly what you say and used the words. Brown distroyed someone's life, yes, she needs to back off. Otherwise, I have no reason to think she lied about anything. I know ms housekeeper did and I do beleive she is being manipulated by someone. That part, I feel sorry for her about.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 3,212,917 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what she did yesterday, (which I didn't hear, so can not remark on) has nothing to do with who is lying. The housekeeper produced false documentation. That is the only part of this whole thing that is a proven fact, so, I guess you have your answer? who lied?? I have no idea if Allred or Meg lied about anything, I do know Miss Illegal, which you support so strongly did lie.

If indeed, Meg did exactly what you say and used the words. Brown distroyed someone's life, yes, she needs to back off. Otherwise, I have no reason to think she lied about anything. I know ms housekeeper did and I do beleive she is being manipulated by someone. That part, I feel sorry for her about.

Nita
There is no argument that the housekeeper lied when she applied for work with Whitman. But the Social Security Adm. sent a letter to Whitman that pointed out the social security number for her servant was not valid. That is the issue Allred pounced on and what Whitman got caught trying to minimize. I don't know much about Allred other than when she went after the "Octomom" and tried to get the state to take the woman's children away. At the time I also thought the "Octomommy" was a little nuts but I didn't feel good that Allred was so intent on getting those kids away from their mother. Allred seems to be a zealot but that's another issue.

Whitman is on the defense right now but by the next debate on Oct 12th I think this issue will likely be dead. There are more important things for California to deal with than who hires illegal workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,296 posts, read 3,661,419 times
Reputation: 1719
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
I want to get abused for $23 per hour.
Me too!lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 3,212,917 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
W3RD. I normally take all allegations and hearsay as fact too.
Reality for Republicans in California is that they are a distinct minority. The hard pill to swallow is that Republicans do not represent the majority and tend to do poorly unless they are moderates like Schwarzenegger. Being cynical is one way Republicans deal with reality or they leave California for places better suited for Republicans: Alabama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-03-2010, 03:30 PM
 
1,150 posts, read 1,478,274 times
Reputation: 621
You'd put up with that woman and her napoleon complex for $1400/month with hours and hours of unpaid overtime? You must be in a bad position.
She may well have not wanted the maid to get her citizenship so she could continue underpaying her,abusing her, and skipping out on paying her fair share of tax.
You trust a woman with your children and yet you wont even stick your neck out a little for someone who is almost a member of your family by getting them citizenship over the course of 9 years?
Deplorable conduct by any human standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top