Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 09:07 AM

5 posts, read 5,790 times

Advertisements

so me and my friend are considering moving out to CA to go to school and whatnot. were from the east coast and have never been out to CA and dont really know what the different cities are like. whats the best most liveliest city in CA thats good for 19 yr olds that have decent schools to attend? looking for a bigger school thats not that competitive to get into. any info appreciated! thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 09:16 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin View Post
me and my friend
were from the east coast
whats the best most liveliest
decent schools to attend?
not that competitive to get into.

Middle School?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 AM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
C'mon Charles, why you have to crack a joke every single chance you get?
Linkin, ignore him, Charles is not in charge!

The easiest school to get in to would be a traffic school!

OK, I kid too but seriously, pick an area first So Cal? Nor Cal?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:38 AM

5 posts, read 5,790 times
ouch, low blows.
i know nothing about CA, so i have no idea where abouts i should look.
i just want a cool city to live in.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:40 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
I have a question: Why did you first post this in the Connecticut forum?

Old 09-30-2010, 09:43 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
Quote:
ouch, low blows.
i know nothing about CA, so i have no idea where abouts i should look.
i just want a cool city to live in.
please read my "serious" answer in your other thread.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
so me and my friend are considering moving out to CA to go to school and whatnot. were from the east coast and have never been out to CA and dont really know what the different cities are like. whats the best most liveliest city in CA thats good for 19 yr olds that have decent schools to attend? looking for a bigger school thats not that competitive to get into. any info appreciated! thanks
First of all, you do know out of state tuition will be very costly and getting into any Ca university from out of state is much harder than for in-state students? Of course you can start out at a community college, but even they can be pricey. Before you make any such plans you better either have family that can foot the bill or a huge savings to start.

Now, that we have the negatives out of the way, all this depends on what you are really looking for.

Los Angeles is lively, as well as San Diego and San Francisco. All have some very good community colleges as well as 4 year schools, but again, we are talking big bucks just for living expenses, to heck with the cost of schools.

What makes you think you want to move to Ca in the first place and what do you know about the state? I would suggest before you do much more investigating you narrow down what it is you really want.

Charles, I think you are pretty funny, hubby and I are cracking up!!!

OP, if you are posting the same thing or something similar on other boards no one is going to take you too seriously. Maybe college isn't quite right for you at this time. I think that is the point of these answers. Stay where you are, take classes, relax, and maybe even grow up a little. Anyone who wants a lively city, and would even think of SLC really needs to learn a lot more before even thinking of making a move. I just don't get the idea it would be a fit for you either.

Nita

Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,187 times
....the one you see in the rear-view mirror....

Old 09-30-2010, 10:59 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
I'm still gonna go with Arvin. Arvin's the place!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
I'm still gonna go with Arvin. Arvin's the place!
Or maybe California Valley.

It even has California in the name!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California