U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Unread 10-22-2010, 03:05 PM
 
Location: very new to Ossining NY
221 posts, read 173,013 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
I'm from Pennsylvania and visited a friend in the Carlsbad area a few weeks ago and was stunned at what I saw. Years ago I was there and I thought it was amazing. It was like Heaven. I even thought about moving there myself. Thank God I didn't. My friend moved there from PA and is coming back. He regrets moving and tells me how he knows lots of people that moved to CA from all over the country and are moving back. There are no jobs at all, housing is insanely expensive, people are rude and so self-invovled, Mexicans are everywhere. I saw all of these things firsthand and was shocked. I'm not trying to trash your state, but you guys really need to get your act together. I saw Mexicans wearing shirts that showed a map of North America with the Mexican flag covering Mexico, California, and most of the southwest. I've personally heard Mexicans say stuff like "We own this state now" and nobody batted an eyelash. If a Mexican said that in Pittsburgh he'd end up laying in an alley with a bullet in his brain. And what's with all those weirdos demanding I sign some petition to support or oppose some proposition? How many freakin' propositions do you guys got??? And the Chargers being blacked out..pathetic. Hell, the weather isn't even that great anymore! I left Pittsburgh when it was 86 and sunny. It was 71 and sunny in San Diego. Meh. I'll stay where I'm at. It's just a shame that a once fantastic state has taken such a dramatic nosedive. I could see a craphole like New Jersey going downhill...but California?!??! What happened? How did it get to this???
Californians are probably thinking, GOOD. Anyone who promotes shooting people in the head for what they wear is a sociopath. I saw this tee shirt once about "safe sex" that was so offensive that I felt sorry for every Mom with a small child in the area. You no doubt would have thought it was a hoot. Should you have been shot in the head, sicko?? Isn't free thought and free speech grand??

Great!! I live in Hawaii and I'm returning to the East Coast 2011. You just reminded me of why I left in the first place. My sister and small niece live in a small city on the Hudson not far from NYC and I was very impressed with the large Hispanic minority in this lovely place, some of those Mexicans and other Central/South Americans.

The influx of people from Central/South America is the best thing to happen to this country (then many nations overrun by law-abiding Europeans who in US territory anyway broke ALL 400+ treaties with those nations) since Columbus landed on Hispaniole. Finally, we will become more like Europe, a place where you need to be fluent in at least two languages. Maybe being forced to learn two languages to land better paying jobs/career opportunities will actually halt the downward slide of the average American's IQ, according to another commenter, on another thread a while back, is now at 96, technically mild retardation. (The rest of the world wouldn't be surprised at that finding!)

I'll put it in language that isn't too incomprehensible for you. Ain't immigration gloryful? Can't get no better than CA or cities with them illegals in it.
Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM
JS1
 
1,899 posts, read 3,485,311 times
Reputation: 1481
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbugster View Post
Californians are probably thinking, GOOD. Anyone who promotes shooting people in the head for what they wear is a sociopath. I saw this tee shirt once about "safe sex" that was so offensive that I felt sorry for every Mom with a small child in the area. You no doubt would have thought it was a hoot. Should you have been shot in the head, sicko?? Isn't free thought and free speech grand??

Great!! I live in Hawaii and I'm returning to the East Coast 2011. You just reminded me of why I left in the first place. My sister and small niece live in a small city on the Hudson not far from NYC and I was very impressed with the large Hispanic minority in this lovely place, some of those Mexicans and other Central/South Americans.

The influx of people from Central/South America is the best thing to happen to this country (then many nations overrun by law-abiding Europeans who in US territory anyway broke ALL 400+ treaties with those nations) since Columbus landed on Hispaniole. Finally, we will become more like Europe, a place where you need to be fluent in at least two languages. Maybe being forced to learn two languages to land better paying jobs/career opportunities will actually halt the downward slide of the average American's IQ, according to another commenter, on another thread a while back, is now at 96, technically mild retardation. (The rest of the world wouldn't be surprised at that finding!)

I'll put it in language that isn't too incomprehensible for you. Ain't immigration gloryful? Can't get no better than CA or cities with them illegals in it.
this is nonsense
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-22-2010, 06:09 PM
 
Location: the illegal immigrant state
753 posts, read 703,724 times
Reputation: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Please don't be repetitive. It makes you appear far less learned than you obviously think you are. "Interpret" has the same basic meaning as "explicate" so your sentence is rather redundant.

What I wrote was quite clear. If you didn't understand it -- doesn't mean agree with it -- the first time then elucidation would be lost on you.

Clearly your definition of sarcasm is skewed. None was used.

Seems to me you are more prone to blather than I am, but that's merely my opinion. You obviously value yourself highly and believe the rest of us should follow suit. Sorry! Not gonna happen!
What was written is always clear to the person who wrote it.

However, what you wrote was just a few bold claims, which you arrogantly treat as being so correct as to require no explication and that anyone who requires explication won't understand. You're doing what's easy, which is to patronize someone from a position of supposed superiority.

As for sarcasm, look at how often you write "I guess". If you make a bold claim preceded by typing "I guess" then any reasonable person will interpret you as being sarcastic.

Last, you indulge in yet more psychobabble, telling me how much I value myself. Do you really think you know that much about me from reading some of my posts on the internet?

You're far more arrogant and presumptuous than you are able to argue your claims.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-22-2010, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Hills & Hollers
17,592 posts, read 13,230,571 times
Reputation: 14927
^ As you will!
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:33 PM
 
Location: very new to Ossining NY
221 posts, read 173,013 times
Reputation: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
this is nonsense
Let me take a wild guess; you're a WASP or at least white. I am a WASP and the most accepting people I've ever meet are not white. That's what impressed me about Ossining NY. My very white looking sister and niece, both very fair-skinned with light eyes, are treated so inclusively
and generously. My sister is a single mom and money is always tight. Once, when my little niece had a bad eye ache and was crying in the cab they take alot, the owner of the small cab company was driving, a Hispanic man. He told me sister that if my niece got worse or didn't improve, he'd drive them to the hospital, free of charge. For most of the whites I've known, even in my own family, the attitude is that nothing is free and always pay, never accept anything for free., if you do your a free loader or a socialist.

You think I'm nonsensical? Well, I feel the exact same way about people like you, and I will say it again, the best thing to happen to the US is the influx of people from Central/South America. Maybe we'll finally get over ourselves, our exclusivity and our national xenophobic characteristic that is our Achilles heel, along with our need to stubbornly be right at the expense of being smart.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:10 PM
 
Location: very new to Ossining NY
221 posts, read 173,013 times
Reputation: 143
Thank you, Nullgeo, for the b**** slap. Half of the people on CD are sociopaths, so trying to correct one or two makes about as much sense as trying the same with my schizo neighbor, the brain is checked into another sphere.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:42 PM
 
7,155 posts, read 3,674,416 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbugster View Post
Thank you, Nullgeo, for the b**** slap. Half of the people on CD are sociopaths, so trying to correct one or two makes about as much sense as trying the same with my schizo neighbor, the brain is checked into another sphere.
heh , my pleasure! Always available to execute a good slapping by DM / rep As I have said a number of times before: this Forum activity we undertake is just virtual barstooling ... works for me from time to time to argue and cajole and joke -- I don't drink and I live in the woods on a remote island ... this saves on gas and ferry tickets. Well, depends on what kind of 'gas', I suppose one might say.

But then, in ways, there are occasional values to this ... some threads impart actual valuable info for peoples' geographical curiosities ...

Anyway, I enjoy reading when someone other than me calls bulls**t bulls**t. Thanks for taking a turn
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-23-2010, 10:01 AM
 
Location: Lake Worth
315 posts, read 335,809 times
Reputation: 74
go back to Pennsylvania and suffer in the cold and gun shots !
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-23-2010, 12:26 PM
 
Location: West Coast
76 posts, read 119,821 times
Reputation: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Golf09 View Post
I'm from Pennsylvania and visited a friend in the Carlsbad area a few weeks ago and was stunned at what I saw. Years ago I was there and I thought it was amazing. It was like Heaven. I even thought about moving there myself. Thank God I didn't. My friend moved there from PA and is coming back. He regrets moving and tells me how he knows lots of people that moved to CA from all over the country and are moving back. There are no jobs at all, housing is insanely expensive, people are rude and so self-invovled, Mexicans are everywhere. I saw all of these things firsthand and was shocked. I'm not trying to trash your state, but you guys really need to get your act together. I saw Mexicans wearing shirts that showed a map of North America with the Mexican flag covering Mexico, California, and most of the southwest. I've personally heard Mexicans say stuff like "We own this state now" and nobody batted an eyelash. If a Mexican said that in Pittsburgh he'd end up laying in an alley with a bullet in his brain. And what's with all those weirdos demanding I sign some petition to support or oppose some proposition? How many freakin' propositions do you guys got??? And the Chargers being blacked out..pathetic. Hell, the weather isn't even that great anymore! I left Pittsburgh when it was 86 and sunny. It was 71 and sunny in San Diego. Meh. I'll stay where I'm at. It's just a shame that a once fantastic state has taken such a dramatic nosedive. I could see a craphole like New Jersey going downhill...but California?!??! What happened? How did it get to this???
It may boil down to people turning their backs on God.

God either exists, or he does not.

If he does not, then thats that. If he does, then what is the scriptural history we can read about when people turn away from his ways? What are the promised, likely or expected consequences?

Personally, I feel that whether there is a God or not, a lot of Christians have come-across as way too religious. And plenty have avoided getting involved in politics regardless, when they should have.

But putting aside excessive religion, maybe the problem is a spiritual problem, while people are just treating it as a selfish or needs-based problem.
Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 10-23-2010, 04:01 PM
 
Location: Earth ☮
964 posts, read 777,531 times
Reputation: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi_Wan_Kenobi View Post
It may boil down to people turning their backs on God.

God either exists, or he does not.

If he does not, then thats that. If he does, then what is the scriptural history we can read about when people turn away from his ways? What are the promised, likely or expected consequences?

Personally, I feel that whether there is a God or not, a lot of Christians have come-across as way too religious. And plenty have avoided getting involved in politics regardless, when they should have.

But putting aside excessive religion, maybe the problem is a spiritual problem, while people are just treating it as a selfish or needs-based problem.
Did this come from Love2Golf09 saying "thank God" in his post, if not then I have no idea how you came up with this from what Love2Golf09 said.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top