Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 04:30 PM

82 posts, read 329,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
Did this come from Love2Golf09 saying "thank God" in his post, if not then I have no idea how you came up with this from what Love2Golf09 said.
The OP has the title of the thread coupled to it.

There is a question "what the heck happened" ?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 08:15 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi_Wan_Kenobi View Post
The OP has the title of the thread coupled to it.

There is a question "what the heck happened" ?

ok I get it now

Old 10-23-2010, 11:47 PM

220 posts, read 411,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I call BS on the OP. Sorry, I never "hear" people say much of anything unless I was directly involed in a convo with them, and I've lived in CA 50+ years.

You lie, but why?

He lies because he thinks it will help his cause... Tea Party hatred to all Hispanic people. Every hispanic person these tea party folks see is an illegal. Every hispanic child they see is an anchor baby.

Sad but true.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
Hey! We stole that from Mexico fair and square.

I'm sure you meant to say you saw Americans of Mexican decent with those shirts.
Which is even worse because even when they're born here and live off the food stamps and government programs, they despise the USA and refuse to ever learn English.

It's one thing for the illegals fresh over the border to be unable to speak English but when those born and raised here can't learn it and pretend to be so patriotic to Mexico, there's a real problem.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:17 AM

220 posts, read 411,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Which is even worse because even when they're born here and live off the food stamps and government programs, they despise the USA and refuse to ever learn English.

It's one thing for the illegals fresh over the border to be unable to speak English but when those born and raised here can't learn it and pretend to be so patriotic to Mexico, there's a real problem.
So every "Mexican" born here is on food stamps and doesn't speak English? The Tea Party rhetoric has really taken a hold.

The Republican Party is now officicially anti-hispanic, anti Mexican descent and anti-anyone that doesn't agree with their wackadoodle ideas.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:19 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post
So every "Mexican" born here is on food stamps and doesn't speak English? The Tea Party rhetoric has really taken a hold.

The Republican Party is now officicially anti-hispanic, anti Mexican descent and anti-anyone that doesn't agree with their wackadoodle ideas.
So, too, has gross generalization, exaggeration, lack of comprehension and pandering taken hold. The poster did not say "every." He said "when" some do that.

I'm not a Republican but I've never seen them as necessarily anti-Hispanic. What I have seen is anti-illegal sentiment which I find appropriate. I mean, why would anyone who cares about their country approve of flagrant breaking of its laws? I don't think you can be patriotic and at the same time, supportive of criminals and if you're not patriotic about the country you're in, why are you there and why aren't you in the country to which you are loyal?

Old 10-24-2010, 09:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodneighbor1234 View Post

What you need to do is read the very first post from the OP.

" saw Mexicans wearing shirts that showed a map of North America with the Mexican flag covering Mexico, California, and most of the southwest. I've personally heard Mexicans say stuff like "We own this state now" and nobody batted an eyelash. "

And see how DMenscha insists that most likely what the OP saw are American born and raised Mexicans parading around like that. I agreed with DMenscha that very likely it is the case that these oh-so-proud of Mexico Mexicans who insist that the USA belongs to Mexico and very often cannot speak much English at all, very likely are American born. They despise the USA with all their might, continually say it belongs to Mexico. Yet they would scream like little girls if someone told them they should actually consider moving back to Mexico.

In fact it is the US born offspring of illegals that are generally like this, not always the illegals themselves.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:27 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbugster View Post
Great!! I live in Hawaii and I'm returning to the East Coast 2011. You just reminded me of why I left in the first place. My sister and small niece live in a small city on the Hudson not far from NYC and I was very impressed with the large Hispanic minority in this lovely place, some of those Mexicans and other Central/South Americans.
You just told us that you don't even live in CA- why would we believe you've ever lived here and developed an impression of the character of the latinos here or the effect they've had on the major metros of the state?

It doesn't help that you make reference to latinos in NYC- a separate group of people some 3k miles from the group of people being discussed, those being latinos in So Cal- or that you're blithely analogizing the one to the other.

He who condescends others based on his own ignorance and specious reasoning is.. ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California