Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is you're choice?
Meg Whitman 70 54.69%
Jerry Brown 58 45.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:43 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Arnold was and is a good governor. He's protected us taxpayers many times when the legislature was going to increase the size of state government. I'm sorry he can't run again, although he's probably tired and I doubt he would want to run again.

Gov. Arnold has IMO done a great job! One of our best Governors ever!
He has been a girly man. When the teachers unions put up a fight, he tucked his tail between his legs and ran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 11:45 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Arnold was and is a good governor. He's protected us taxpayers many times when the legislature was going to increase the size of state government. I'm sorry he can't run again, although he's probably tired and I doubt he would want to run again.

Gov. Arnold has IMO done a great job! One of our best Governors ever!
I totally agree that Schwarzenegger was a good governor because he was a pragmatist just like Ronald Reagan when he was governor. We have been fortunate in California that our Republican governors were basically sound, reasonable men unconcerned about ideology and more focused on fiscal health and environmentalism. That type of person is rare among the GOP of today and why Reagan would never be elected governor of most Red states.

Republicans are a perversion of what they used to be as a political party and most people blame President Nixon for his "Southern strategy" by opening the door to bigot evangelicals who abhor education and cling to primitive superstitions. That type of American is thankfully the minority in California and why reasonable Republicans like Arnold and Maldonado have such a difficult time getting elected unless Democrats and independents are willing to vote for them. Republicans are their own worse enemy and until the GOP drops the "red-neck" contingent they are doomed to secondary status in California.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:07 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,639 times
This poll was created by someone who doesn't live in California...leave us to our own problems please. For your own good too, you don't want your state to get the radioactive waves coming from sacramento

Old 10-09-2010, 12:30 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,287,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I totally agree that Schwarzenegger was a good governor because he was a pragmatist just like Ronald Reagan when he was governor. We have been fortunate in California that our Republican governors were basically sound, reasonable men unconcerned about ideology and more focused on fiscal health and environmentalism. That type of person is rare among the GOP of today and why Reagan would never be elected governor of most Red states.

Republicans are a perversion of what they used to be as a political party and most people blame President Nixon for his "Southern strategy" by opening the door to bigot evangelicals who abhor education and cling to primitive superstitions. That type of American is thankfully the minority in California and why reasonable Republicans like Arnold and Maldonado have such a difficult time getting elected unless Democrats and independents are willing to vote for them. Republicans are their own worse enemy and until the GOP drops the "red-neck" contingent they are doomed to secondary status in California.
Yes, between our pragmatic governors, and our responsible liberal lawmakers we are now the most indebted, over regulated, inefficient, self destructive, welfare ridden, illegal alien infested, state in the country.
With the exception of a couple of ultra liberal states in the North East we are also the least free. Anyone with half a brain can see this ship is going down, and as soon as I retire I will join the multitudes who are saying adios to this insane asylum of a state.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:45 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Yes, between our pragmatic governors, and our responsible liberal lawmakers we are now the most indebted, over regulated, inefficient, self destructive, welfare ridden, illegal alien infested, state in the country.
With the exception of a couple of ultra liberal states in the North East we are also the least free. Anyone with half a brain can see this ship is going down, and as soon as I retire I will join the multitudes who are saying adios to this insane asylum of a state.
Most Republicans eventually leave California for states better suited to their mindset: Mississippi, Nebraska, Oklahoma, etc. No loss to California.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:20 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,986,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattClyde View Post
This poll was created by someone who doesn't live in California...leave us to our own problems please. For your own good too, you don't want your state to get the radioactive waves coming from sacramento
You know what, serious, If you don't like it don't post here.

I know I don't live in California, I'm not stupid. I wanted to see for myself how a poll would work out. I myself reside in New Mexico where here too is a tight race for governor.

So like I said, If you don't like it, dont post! Go find somewhere else and post you're comments no one cares about.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:25 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,897 times
Arnold did a good job handling the natural disasters in this state. I hope that part of his administration stays intact once he leaves!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:28 PM

74 posts, read 93,304 times
Jerry Brown ! Nuff Said!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:33 PM

74 posts, read 93,304 times
Arnold was bad but I don't think he was the worst governor, or is he?

Old 10-10-2010, 12:11 AM

434 posts, read 849,031 times
Trough-eaters rejoice if Brown pulls it off. But in spite of my having a case of severe skepticism about the intelligence of CA voters I can't imagine Brown being elected. It just can't happen - can it? We'll know in three weeks.

I say the MJ initiative looses also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California