U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Who is you're choice?
Meg Whitman 70 54.69%
Jerry Brown 58 45.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2010, 01:29 PM

5,375 posts, read 6,870,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
I saw a few of her commercials. One of them is where she says she will go against her party or whatever and then there's a big screen shot of her face. The way she presents herself is very annoying.
Or another way of looking at it, she (Fiorina) is trying to distance herself from her party and hope she gets a few more crossover voters.

Any politician will say whatever it takes to get elected. Fiorina will say whatever it takes to become Senator, Boxer will say whatever it takes to keep the job.

I think I'll vote for Fiorina anyway, just because I hate Boxer. If Fiorina knows what's good she'll shut up and not say anything to annoy people like me, people who want to send a message to Obama and the Democrats that they're ruining our country, ruining our state, and we're fed up. To be fair, the Republicans are doing their best to ruin things too. It's just that in the last couple years the Democrats have been better at ruining things because they're the party in power. If we had a Republican president and Congress I'd probably be voting Democrat.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 06:50 PM

99 posts, read 115,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Or another way of looking at it, she (Fiorina) is trying to distance herself from her party and hope she gets a few more crossover voters.

Any politician will say whatever it takes to get elected. Fiorina will say whatever it takes to become Senator, Boxer will say whatever it takes to keep the job.

I think I'll vote for Fiorina anyway, just because I hate Boxer. If Fiorina knows what's good she'll shut up and not say anything to annoy people like me, people who want to send a message to Obama and the Democrats that they're ruining our country, ruining our state, and we're fed up. To be fair, the Republicans are doing their best to ruin things too. It's just that in the last couple years the Democrats have been better at ruining things because they're the party in power. If we had a Republican president and Congress I'd probably be voting Democrat.
Congratulations! Although this is nothing new. Politicians count on the crossovers described in your last statement every two or four years. It's usually what their candidacies are based on. Ya haven't noticed? It's a very headache inducing cycle.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 PM

52 posts, read 60,633 times
You should put an option for "Neither" because both are against Prop 19 and that's bad news to me, means they want to attack citizens, invade privacy, push morals on people. No. It's not the pot, it's the principle. We need someone progressive in office. Meg is buying the governorship with no experience in politics at all. I stand against homosexual marriages, but weed? Come on let's create some jobs here, our unemployment rate is 13%. Imagine all those warehouse/farm worker jobs, the dispensary jobs, small businesses, etc that can be crreated from a regulated cannabis industry. Even computer software guys can engineer PoS terminals for the industry, weed science devices, etc.

It's looking more and more like VEL CONWAY for my vote. Unlikely she will get elected, but at least Brown and Twitman aren't getting mine.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,374,668 times
Hmmmm..........

Old 10-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 11 days ago)

48,927 posts, read 40,295,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
You should put an option for "Neither" because both are against Prop 19 and that's bad news to me, means they want to attack citizens, invade privacy, push morals on people. No. It's not the pot, it's the principle. We need someone progressive in office. Meg is buying the governorship with no experience in politics at all. I stand against homosexual marriages, but weed? Come on let's create some jobs here, our unemployment rate is 13%. Imagine all those warehouse/farm worker jobs, the dispensary jobs, small businesses, etc that can be crreated from a regulated cannabis industry. Even computer software guys can engineer PoS terminals for the industry, weed science devices, etc.

It's looking more and more like VEL CONWAY for my vote. Unlikely she will get elected, but at least Brown and Twitman aren't getting mine.
wow, "the ME generation" at work. Can you explain how legalizing Pot will create jobs? BTW, I don't really care one way or the other about the legalization of pot, I am just not quite sure where your ideas are coming from.

Nita

Old 10-20-2010, 04:44 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,374,668 times
I wonder how people would react or what they would say if they met either one.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:17 PM

5,468 posts, read 7,849,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, "the ME generation" at work. Can you explain how legalizing Pot will create jobs? BTW, I don't really care one way or the other about the legalization of pot, I am just not quite sure where your ideas are coming from.

Nita
It would be like when they legalized alcohol after Prohibition. People would have to grow it, pick it, package it, sell it, etc. People who don't buy it now (because it's illegal) would buy it if it were legal. (I'm one of those people.)

Old 10-20-2010, 05:20 PM

Jerry Brown's newest ad, "Echo", is fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw_0a54S8po

Kudos to whoever put it together. It's really brilliant political advertising.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 PM

434 posts, read 453,984 times
"We tried that and it didn't work"?

No we didn't. The Democrat legislature stymed Arnie's every move. What is Arnie saying that is wriong? You just think Arnie has a bad image right now so whatever he says must be wrong. He has been an ineffective governor because of the Democrat majority in Sac. But better an ineffective Republican than another situation where the chief executive (BO) and the legislature are both left wing radicals.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
"We tried that and it didn't work"?

No we didn't. The Democrat legislature stymed Arnie's every move. What is Arnie saying that is wriong? You just think Arnie has a bad image right now so whatever he says must be wrong. He has been an ineffective governor because of the Democrat majority in Sac. But better an ineffective Republican than another situation where the chief executive (BO) and the legislature are both left wing radicals.
Yeah. We're so much better off than we were 8 years ago... </sarcasm>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California