Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 10:51 PM

74 posts, read 93,220 times

Advertisements

Explain you likes about the two. I'll start..

I like them both, After living in Socal all my life I'm tired of it, I don't mean I hate it down here here I mean is awesome here, but I like/prefer Norcal. It's more green, less stress (To me), rains more, (I like rain), and Love the Bay Area, But then again I'm a beach person, and I like Socal's beaches better. It's hard trying to decide which place is hard sometimes. If I wanted to move to Norcal, I would miss the beach and warm weather, if I move South, I would miss the bay area, Frisco, Rain, Greenery, and san Jose.

What do you feel about the two?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2010, 11:09 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,169,020 times
I prefer SoCal a lot more, I don't particularly care for the Bay Area. I am not a fan of San Francisco either. I'm just not into the whole rich yuppie artsy flashy stuff. I do like Lake Tahoe and Sacramento, but that's about it honestly. I hate cold, gloomy, and rainy weather. It's fine for a day or two but any longer than that and it seriously depresses me. I love warm, mild, and sunny weather. Also, tropical weather is pretty awesome too!

I love LA and SD. I am a beach person, love the SoCal beaches, love the laid back vibe, love the entertainment, love the weather, Big Bear ski resorts, close to Arizona, Vegas, the deserts, and Mexico/Baja. People in SoCal are nicer and more laid back in my opinion. I honestly wouldn't live in NorCal or anywhere else unless it's Hawaii or Miami/South Florida because of the beach culture and the weather.

Last edited by BacktoBlue; 10-11-2010 at 11:25 PM..

Old 10-11-2010, 11:49 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Both northern and southern California are unique and beautiful regions of the U.S. There is absolutely no state as diverse and scenic as California. I could easily live in either the north or south since both areas have so much to offer. It really is a hard decision to chose which area I like the best. The weather in southern California is just about perfect for outdoor living year-round but it would be great if it rained more so that we wouldn't have so many wildfires each year. Northern California is more agricultural and rural in places so it offers more open space and fresh air compared to coastal SoCal. I love the Bay Area and could even live in the Central Valley though I'd prefer to not live there since it is very hot during summer. The Sierra, magnificent coastline like around Big Sur, the desert in Joshua Tree park is spectacular, Lake Tahoe, volcanoes, great beaches, Catalina Island, Yosemite, Palm Springs; there is just so much to be proud of in California that I feel very grateful that I live in the best state in America!

Old 10-12-2010, 12:37 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,598,964 times
I appreciate both divisions of California, just for the simple fact its California.

Southern California - The first thing that come to mind is Beach/Surf/Vacation. Although Northern California share these traits as well. - As you say, "Sourthern California's beaches are better."

Los Angeles

San Diego
http://news.nationalrelocation.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/san-diego_harbor.jpg (broken link)

Long Beach

Northern California - The first thing that comes to mind is Living/Business/Culture. Although Southern California share these traits as well

San Francisco

Oakland

San Jose

Northern California and Southern California are two sides of the same coin

Old 10-12-2010, 06:50 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
The South has more Mexicans and the North a higher proportion of liberals.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:30 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
The South has more Mexicans and the North a higher proportion of liberals.
The first part is correct, the second only partly correct. Many do not consider the SF Bay area to be Northern California, so if we exclude that portion, much of Upstate California is pretty conservative. Liberal areas are usually in college towns, as might be expected. Humboldt County, with the university at Arcata is quite liberal, and Chico somewhat liberal. A few of the small towns in the Wine Country and Grass Valley/Nevada City also tend leftward, but otherwise, much of the northern part of the state is right of center. In these areas there is often much dissatisfaction with the way things are in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and state government in Sacramento.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:34 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,257,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Scholar View Post
Explain you likes about the two. I'll start..

I like them both, After living in Socal all my life I'm tired of it, I don't mean I hate it down here here I mean is awesome here, but I like/prefer Norcal. It's more green, less stress (To me), rains more, (I like rain), and Love the Bay Area, But then again I'm a beach person, and I like Socal's beaches better. It's hard trying to decide which place is hard sometimes. If I wanted to move to Norcal, I would miss the beach and warm weather, if I move South, I would miss the bay area, Frisco, Rain, Greenery, and san Jose.

What do you feel about the two?
It does rain more in NorCal, but only during the winter months. It's not like it rains year round. Right now, everything is bone dry at the tail end of the dry season, and the rainy season hasn't started yet. We're having red flag warnings for high fire danger up here at the moment. So it's kind of greener than SoCal, but only for a little longer part of the year. Everything is brown and dusty now until the rains start.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:08 PM

That's nonsense.

San Francisco Bay area is apart Northern California.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:38 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Southern California just has a playground excitement about it for me. Probably because of the beach culture and the weather....
The weather in most of NoCal, is probably the 2nd best in the country, but it just doesn't have quite the excitement that SoCal has...

Old 10-12-2010, 05:48 PM

Oakland has the best best weather in the united states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California