Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 01:52 PM

44 posts, read 177,053 times

Advertisements

FWIW, as an Indian I have experienced unfriendliness in Southern California vs the Bay Area where I live. I come down every month or two to Orange County (Newport Beach / Irvine area) and I tend to get stared at, dirty looks, and ignored at restaurants or whatever. This never happens in San Francisco, San Jose, whatever.

Whether that's purely an Orange County thing, I cannot say. I've never actually been to LA except for the one time I flew out of LAX.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:12 PM

37 posts, read 35,173 times
Talking CLUELESS ranting renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
I am guessing he is an alternate account of California Sur

"Most places with a lot of Indians happen to be much much safer than a lot of communities containing other minorities"

Oh that is so not racist. "Other minorities", mind specifying? You can't mean Blacks and Latinos can you?

Again, a nation of Billions which has a caste system that encourages racism. Look at Bollywood, fair skinned actors, all of em. Quit acting under another personality, just go back to your original account and quit thinking you are fooling anyone. Mods are not stupid, they actually don't get ticked by things that make sense. They probably do get ticked by mindless name calling, which you are engaging in.
You have to keep guessing, because I am not California Sur. Any moderator can pretty much figure it out, looking at the cookies or the IP where I am posting from. However, it's beyond comprehension of a whining kid like yourself who's desperate for some attention over here. You fail to understand that a lot of people here can look through you, and figure out what a shallow creature you are.

Regarding the communities with a lot of Indians being messed up, care to provide the details? The Crime rates, the divorce rates, the domestic violence rates, etc etc? Care to provide some evidence of the same, care to show me some communities where Indians form gangs and beat up people for laptops/wallets etc etc? I would love to see them. Back up what you crap about here, else you are validating your own point about you being a TROLL. And I didn't any specify any particular minority community here, I merely answered to your unvalidated accusations about Indian community majority areas being messed up, which of course you can never prove successfully. It's because you are a RACIST that you started thinking that I am referring to a particular minority here, lol, you are such a half baked whining cry baby.

And I didn't know that Bollywood is a representative of Indian culture, wow, that was very deep, thank you for letting me know about it. Also, I can list out a lot of Bollywood actors who are dusky, e.g., Bipasha Basu, Lara Dutta, Sameera Reddy, Priyanka Chopra, Kajol, Freida Pinto, I could go on and on. There are different film industries in India, one being Bollywood, which mainly caters to the urban dwelling metro audience, wow, I never knew that represented Indian culture though, that was pretty enlightening, I bet all your opinions of India have been derived from watching Bollywood movies, very rational and informative.

Moderators aren't stupid, that's why I am sure they would see through the designs of a hopeless troll like yourself, I would leave it to their judgment to ascertain the rationale(or the lack of it) behind your posts.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I am guessing he is an alternate account of California Sur

"Most places with a lot of Indians happen to be much much safer than a lot of communities containing other minorities"

Oh that is so not racist. "Other minorities", mind specifying? You can't mean Blacks and Latinos can you?

Again, a nation of Billions which has a caste system that encourages racism. Look at Bollywood, fair skinned actors, all of em. Quit acting under another personality, just go back to your original account and quit thinking you are fooling anyone. Mods are not stupid, they actually don't get ticked by things that make sense. They probably do get ticked by mindless name calling, which you are engaging in.
India has caste system, just like USA or Europe has different races, and have had racial segregation in the past, but to ignore the fact that affirmative action has been in place for a long time that has been improving the living conditions as well as the employment/literacy rates in a lot of erstwhile downtrodden societies, often at the expense of the so called upper castes shows the kind of commitment the society has made in a short span of 60 years from the time it's become independent from the British rule.

But of course, such facts can't get through the thick skull of attention seeking poster boys, who have no intention about speaking true facts, and accepting them, they would rather indulge in blaming a nation of a billion people, according to their own whims and fantasies, even if they have never lived in that nation, or faced the day to day social living conditions in that nation. That's mighty impressive TROLLING I should say.

Also, a person like you would never be accepted into any society, you are an air head with too much of drama and very little substance, any society embraces a person irrespective of his race/ethnicity/color as long as they act as a member of that society and are willing to accept themselves as part of that society, as long as they try to indulge in shouting and attention seeking behavior because they consider themselves larger than life, they are bound to be ignored, sadly you would be too for the rest of your life, unless you open your eyes and take a look at yourself in the mirror, I doubt if that would happen though.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blofeld9999 View Post
FWIW, as an Indian I have experienced unfriendliness in Southern California vs the Bay Area where I live. I come down every month or two to Orange County (Newport Beach / Irvine area) and I tend to get stared at, dirty looks, and ignored at restaurants or whatever. This never happens in San Francisco, San Jose, whatever.

Whether that's purely an Orange County thing, I cannot say. I've never actually been to LA except for the one time I flew out of LAX.
I am an Indian here in US, who travels the nation quite a bit as part of my work, so I have been to a number of big as well as not so big cities in the US, and have a first hand experience of various places, their cultures, people, attitude etc etc.

I have been to Orange County, where there's a HUGE Indian presence, I have one of my best friends who's the Realtor in that area, he's an Indian man too, and he says that for the most part, except for the prices, people of all ethnic groups are quite willing to move to OC if they can afford to. That pretty much speaks about the diversity and the open mindedness of that area, I have been to OC, and never felt any hostility towards me because of my race. Are you sure it isn't just YOU the person, and NOT your race that's the reason for the stares here?

I have been to Pasadena, Santa Monica, Anaheim, Orange County, and various other places in LA, and never felt any animosity towards myself. Again, I have had certain unpleasant experiences in a lot of places, waitresses ignoring me, people giving me the cold stare, etc etc. But would that make me say that the whole city or it's people are that way??? NO, because if I do that, what's the difference between a RACIST TROLL and myself, there's NONE.

There are people that hate others irrespective of what race they are from, how they look, how good they are etc etc. It's called LIFE, you have the option to ignore that and move on, and not let you get affected by that, as I did, trust me, it makes living much more simpler and less convoluted.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:43 PM

44 posts, read 177,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainkarizzma View Post
Are you sure it isn't just YOU the person, and NOT your race that's the reason for the stares here?
That's the obvious question to ask, and a fair question.

But I don't get this attitude in the Bay Area ever, so I'm inclined to believe it's an Orange County thing.

BTW: I never rarely see any other Indians (or other Asians) in OC. It seems fairly homogenous to me. Perhaps it's just the area of Orange County I stay in.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blofeld9999 View Post
That's the obvious question to ask, and a fair question.

But I don't get this attitude in the Bay Area ever, so I'm inclined to believe it's an Orange County thing.

BTW: I never rarely see any other Indians (or other Asians) in OC. It seems fairly homogenous to me. Perhaps it's just the area of Orange County I stay in.
I don't think it's a race thing at all, as you know, OC has a lot of really really rich people out there, I think quite a few of them would have that chip on the shoulder attitude that so much wealth brings with it, I think that's it.

I see that attitude from a lot of really rich and wealth people, another fact of life, sad but true.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:23 PM

803 posts, read 1,264,042 times
I don't have time for some idiotic e-drama. Mods aren't stupid, they won't listen to the requests of someone who is hiding behind another account. Indian communities have many issues, particularly with being open to dating interracial. When Indians do want to date interracial, they are often shunned in some societies due to stereotype.

I am not stereotyping all of California as being racist but Southern Cal had its issues when I visited, particularly with South Asians wanting to date interracial (those that wanted to date interracial).

Old 10-21-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
I don't have time for some idiotic e-drama. Mods aren't stupid, they won't listen to the requests of someone who is hiding behind another account. Indian communities have many issues, particularly with being open to dating interracial. When Indians do want to date interracial, they are often shunned in some societies due to stereotype.

I am not stereotyping all of California as being racist but Southern Cal had its issues when I visited, particularly with South Asians wanting to date interracial (those that wanted to date interracial).
Everyone knows who's the idiot here indulging in e-drama, opening multiple threads on the same issue, not taking reader's opinions, and continuing in his nonsensical blabber time and again. Some Indians don't date interracial, just like some Whites/Blacks/Hispanics don't, it's called preference, and it's a FREE COUNTRY, don't like it, don't bother staying there, that's it, you slight a whole community because of the fact that your family doesn't let you date interracially or is too controlling, then you show your ignorance.

I haven't heard of any Indians being shunned for dating interracially, I have given my own family as an example, but oh well, I guess it happens in your family, I can see that from your posts, you are afraid of being shunned by YOUR family. It's a personal issue, not a community issue, but I guess it can't be understood by someone like you, is it?

Someone like you would have issues in any part of the world, because you aren't compatible with any human race in the world. No wonder you need to open multiple threads to know something that's purely common sense.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:11 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,472,171 times
I find it ironic that an Indian would talk about people being accepting of interracial couples, when most of the Indian parents I know are generally hostile towards the idea of their children dating outside their own ethnic group.

Its not just Indians tho, many people from various cultures feel that way.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:34 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,377,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I find it ironic that an Indian would talk about people being accepting of interracial couples, when most of the Indian parents I know are generally hostile towards the idea of their children dating outside their own ethnic group.

Its not just Indians tho, many people from various cultures feel that way.
I agree with this statement. The only people in California who might be offended by an Indian dating a Latino are Indians themselves. First generation Indians and Asians really don't like to date out of their race. The idea that Americans in Southern California are opposed to Indians dating Latinos is so ridiculous I think this thread might be a joke. The only traditionally "taboo" relationships in this country have been black men with white women, and Californians have been accepting of this beginning in the 60s and 70s. Indians and Latinos? Haha. Most Californians can't even tell the difference between them (physical features that is).

And any "looks" or bad vibes felt in OC aren't do to race, its due to rich white people simply thinking they are better than anyone who isn't rich. Its more of a class thing, not a race thing, and that's only in South Orange County, not the "whole" southern california.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California