Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:00 AM
JS1 JS1 started this thread

1,896 posts, read 6,768,409 times

Advertisements

I have been a resident of California for one day. I have been here lots of times in the last three months, but until today I was a visitor. I moved from Texas.

In this day, I got a CA drivers license (well, the temporary paper one while they spend the next 5 weeks laminating a card ) and I legally purchased two grams of marijuana.

Legally buying marijuana is EXTREMELY easy, even in Santa Ana where theoretically there are no marijuana dispensaries pursuant to city ordinance. I got my drs note and then bought the weed next door in less time than it took to take the CA drivers license test... btw, did I step into a time machine at the DMV? Paper tests graded BY HAND??? (I passed both tests, one for the car and one for the bike )

Granted, it's not difficult to beat the time record for the DMV, as they are incredibly slow and overcrowded, but still, I'm flabbergasted as to why anyone who is a California resident at least 21 years old would buy weed illegally... laziness or uninformed?

Prop 19 will simply cut out the silly paperwork and dr fees involved, and it would allow non-residents to legally buy weed, which they can't today under SB 420.

It would also allow the state to tax weed, which I don't like. It's nice to have ONE product that's tax-free. For that reason I'm not sure if I should vote for or against prop 19. Then again, making it official would probably make it easier for other states to follow.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to apply for food stamps and apply to some crappy retail jobs that don't require Spanish (I'm annoyed that I've moved to Mexico Norte, but I'm getting used to it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 01:30 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Congratulations on bringing absolutely NOTHING but trash and welfare to the Californian economy. You really are a treasured citizen. NOT! I feel sorry for the people in Cali!

Old 10-06-2010, 04:24 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
So ya got money to buy weed but none to buy food?

Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 AM

182 posts, read 298,894 times
Thank you for moving to California instead of Tennessee! We appreciate it!

Old 10-06-2010, 07:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
I have been a resident of California for one day. I have been here lots of times in the last three months, but until today I was a visitor. I moved from Texas.

In this day, I got a CA drivers license (well, the temporary paper one while they spend the next 5 weeks laminating a card ) and I legally purchased two grams of marijuana.

Legally buying marijuana is EXTREMELY easy, even in Santa Ana where theoretically there are no marijuana dispensaries pursuant to city ordinance. I got my drs note and then bought the weed next door in less time than it took to take the CA drivers license test... btw, did I step into a time machine at the DMV? Paper tests graded BY HAND??? (I passed both tests, one for the car and one for the bike )

Granted, it's not difficult to beat the time record for the DMV, as they are incredibly slow and overcrowded, but still, I'm flabbergasted as to why anyone who is a California resident at least 21 years old would buy weed illegally... laziness or uninformed?

Prop 19 will simply cut out the silly paperwork and dr fees involved, and it would allow non-residents to legally buy weed, which they can't today under SB 420.

It would also allow the state to tax weed, which I don't like. It's nice to have ONE product that's tax-free. For that reason I'm not sure if I should vote for or against prop 19. Then again, making it official would probably make it easier for other states to follow.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm going to apply for food stamps and apply to some crappy retail jobs that don't require Spanish (I'm annoyed that I've moved to Mexico Norte, but I'm getting used to it)
so you are now living in Ca, you can buy pot for almost nothing, but you need food stamps so you can eat. You don't like all the Mexicans, and you are going to try and find a crappy job that doesn't require you to speak English. You can afford a bike and your car and pay for the internet, but have to depend on the government to help you eat and you have no job. People wondered what is wrong with Calif. Nothing is wrong with California except for the people like you who live there. I bet Texas will really miss you.

Nita

Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,599,484 times
Is this a serious thread? I would call "troll" but with 1k posts, that doesn't seem right.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
This is the reason I've changed my mind on prop 19, this state will be flooded with potheads

Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Texas, huh? That figures .....

Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Texas, huh? That figures .....
That's what I was thinking

Old 10-06-2010, 10:30 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
"Mexicans annoy me so I moved to Santana."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California