Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 06:07 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,093,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
MJ is going to get our economy out of the "crapper"? That's rich! How will tens of millions of more dopeheads help our economy? Including a large percentage of our school-age kids.
i still don't understand how prop 19 passing would create a generation of dopers. access now is just as easy as it would be with legalization, it just takes away some of the risk for adults who want to spark up their bong at home. under age smoking, driving under the influence, and going into the workplace high aren't all of sudden going to be legal, how are they suddenly going to increase to crisis levels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 07:11 PM

434 posts, read 845,006 times
Changing anything from illegal to legal will make it more accessible and desireable.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:12 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,254,587 times
Good. I can't wait for the crackdowns on these dope smoking hippies. The sooner the better.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:13 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,113,429 times
Remind me again why I voted for Obama?

Old 10-15-2010, 07:52 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,747,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
MJ is going to get our economy out of the "crapper"? That's rich! How will tens of millions of more dopeheads help our economy? Including a large percentage of our school-age kids.

Want our economy out of the crapper? Fire every Democrat and hold the Republican's feet to the fire. Don't let the Republicans retain power by outspending the Democrats like they did last time. Just free the American people to do what they do best. Let them work and create wealth. Get government off their backs.

And forget about MJ.
Those are two different things! Get government off my back <> keep weed illegal

Old 10-15-2010, 08:03 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,113,429 times
It's amazing how the dems run from their real beliefs and values in fear of being associated with them. Can you imagine a Republican Attorney General announcing he'll be vigorously enforcing federal gun laws in a state that relaxed its regulation of gun ownership? I might as well vote for the Repubs as at least I'll get a tax cut.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,129,160 times
California is pretty much the most powerful state in the union. I think the feds or anyone for that matter, will have a hard time trying to stop this proposition if passed. I heard it was leading by 5%

Old 10-15-2010, 10:47 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,315,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
It's amazing how the dems run from their real beliefs and values in fear of being associated with them. Can you imagine a Republican Attorney General announcing he'll be vigorously enforcing federal gun laws in a state that relaxed its regulation of gun ownership? I might as well vote for the Repubs as at least I'll get a tax cut.
Here's an interesting article in today's New York Times that points out that the Republicans are strongly opposing legalizing marijuana [figures] while the Democratic party has remained neutral. Also it seems that the more the feds threaten California the more that Prop 19 is gaining support. If the youth vote comes thru than California will be the first state to legalize cannabis. It will put President Obama in an awkward position and, of-course, the Republican party will say that God will punish California's evil with a major earthquake!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/16/us...nted=2&_r=1&hp

Old 10-15-2010, 11:14 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,129,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Here's an interesting article in today's New York Times that points out that the Republicans are strongly opposing legalizing marijuana [figures] while the Democratic party has remained neutral. Also it seems that the more the feds threaten California the more that Prop 19 is gaining support. If the youth vote comes thru than California will be the first state to legalize cannabis. It will put President Obama in an awkward position and, of-course, the Republican party will say that God will punish California's evil with a major earthquake!

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/16/us...nted=2&_r=1&hp
lol I love how whenever there is any news about an earthquake in California, people are quick to comment about how we are all sinners because of gay marriage, weed, Hollywood, and liberals and that some monsterous earthquake will wipe us out because of these reasons.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,301,329 times
Funny that they, the feds, seem more concerned by a weed than they are by millions of illegals flooding CA and the rest of the country.

Oh! That's right. Weeds can't vote. Silly me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California