Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:35 AM

64 posts, read 489,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
Wow, kind of hard to believe this type of stuff went on back then! But then, the Long Beach P.D. has been known to generate controversy. I could remember back in the early 90s when the City of Long Beach was considering replacing its own police department with the L.A. County Sheriff's department. I wonder what would have happened if that really took place?
The bad thing is these lies have followed me all my life because of code blue as there is no accountability of what any rogue police wants to put on your record. The lie has wings and is believed and acted on; the truth is slow of foot and is ignored.
The Sheriff's department would depend on the certain officer but at one time, the sheriffs on duty defended me against local police terrorism in another city when a rouge police officer ran at my car with his cruiser stopping inches from striking me when I went to pick up my child at school, The sheriffs were out there the next day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdturny View Post
What do you know about Traffic Circle? My son in law was in a motorcycle accident there on 11/14/07 and we need witnesses. He has no memory of it.
I don't know much about the Traffic Circle - all I know is I avoid it. You need to know the "right of way" when merging.

Was your son-in-law injured?

Paula

Old 02-01-2008, 12:14 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times
LBC is nothing special to me. I lived there all my life.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 PM

38,891 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
LBC is nothing special to me. I lived there all my life.
Are you still living in Long Beach? It's easy to take a place for granted when you've been there all your life, never experiencing other places.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 4,041 times
Is anyone still posting on this site? LB is my hometown. I was born in '46 and grew up in the 50's/60's. I left in '72 and went east but got homesick and moved back in '77. I stayed 7 more years but the rents became way too expensive. I moved back east again in '84. I went back to LB in '87 to for my grandmother's funeral. I wish I'd never left. If anyone is still posting I'd love to read your memories. I have a lot of my own- lynnann1964@aol.com

Old 05-06-2008, 07:11 PM

38,891 posts, read 22,875,846 times
Smile You can always move back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnann View Post
Is anyone still posting on this site? LB is my hometown. I was born in '46 and grew up in the 50's/60's. I left in '72 and went east but got homesick and moved back in '77. I stayed 7 more years but the rents became way too expensive. I moved back east again in '84. I went back to LB in '87 to for my grandmother's funeral. I wish I'd never left. If anyone is still posting I'd love to read your memories. I have a lot of my own- lynnann1964@aol.com
Looks like no one is posting on this thread since February. Where back east did you live? It's hard for me to imagine native Californians moving to the East Coast, mainly because they have to adapt to a four-season climate. Long Beach seems to be a bargain as far as rents go, compared with Orange County. What's preventing you from moving back here? I don't know your situation, but if you've moved back here before, I'd think you can do it again.

Best wishes in whatever you ultimately decide.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:00 PM

5 posts, read 18,346 times
I'm moving back to CA, and plan on checking out Long Beach this week. My friends are all still in LA but I can't handle the traffic, ect.. I'll keep tabs on any posts on LB

Old 10-05-2008, 09:41 PM

6 posts, read 36,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Remember View Post
I moved to Long Beach around 1940 right before my 15th birthday. I lived with my brother's family in North Long Beach. I attended Jordah High School until I left for teh military during WW11. Tere were very few boys left in school as they all left to fight the war. After school, I worked at Mon's Cafe, Hilton Hotel (now called theBreakers) Buffums as a bus boy. I set pins at a bowling alley on South Street. I also workd at a Shell Gas Staion on Los alimitos Street. I would get out of school at 2:30 and get home around midnight. I had many jobs as my sisterr-in-lawwould call my place of work so I would quit. My last job was at the Villa Rivera Hotel. After getting back to the states, I worked for Golden State Dairy, and Royal Farms. In 1947, I left Long Beach and have never been back. I can't edit for spelling as everything is erased as I go along.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:43 PM

Lightbulb Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzinHeart View Post
A Skunk, sat on a Stump. the Stump thunk the Skunk stunk, and the Skunk thunk, the Stump stunk!

Old 10-05-2008, 09:45 PM

Lookin to get a DOG one Day, Love Dogs, want to make it comfortable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California