U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-23-2010, 02:32 PM

7,413 posts, read 3,235,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
For me, I can read, write, add and subtract. I have been financially responsible and stable all my life. I currently have zero debt and a good plan with enough money for a comfortable retirement. Staying in California makes bad financial sense and Iím not financially stupid. The last thing I want is for the idiots in Sacramento to continue taking my money and spending it on the liberal agenda like the special interest groups, unions and paying illegal aliens to live in California.
Well if it means leaving your home and family than more power to you. I am not that naive to think that California is the only place to enjoy life. I could live in Florida and Arizona but I think Nevada would be boring. Have you given any thought into where you might want to move?
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 02:32 PM

5,468 posts, read 7,864,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Do you have a link to this information?

- I didn't think so
Well, there are two mentioned in this article: Is EBay a proper primer for a governor? - latimes.com

"Maltzman and Handler both support Atty. Gen. Jerry Brown in the governor's race, and their concerns are echoed by some political and business observers."

Pierre (founder of eBay) was in another story last week.... EBay founder won't endorse Meg Whitman for governor| PolitiCal | Los Angeles Times

Old 10-23-2010, 02:36 PM

24,949 posts, read 31,880,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Not that you're a particularly qualified judge of that, but whatever.
Actually those are not my words but the words of the San Jose Mercury News, the largest daily newspaper in Silicon Valley, the place she likes to brag about all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9
Do you really think California is in good shape, flourishing and creating jobs?
No, but companies are not fleeing the state in some huge flood, there is no mass exodus of thousands of jobs out of Caifornia.

That is fiction-an overblown LIE spread by greedy Chambers of Commerce who want businesses to operate without any oversight or taxation whatsoever.

No one said things are great, but they arent "great" anywhere. Not Texas, Not Nevada, Not Arizona-nowhere.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:40 PM

14,148 posts, read 11,791,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Good. She isn't the most attractive thing to have on tv representing california.
Since when is it about a beauty contest? If that's what it's about, we get the government we deserve.

I expect better from you, Majin.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:41 PM

24,949 posts, read 31,880,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Well, there are two mentioned in this article: Is EBay a proper primer for a governor? - latimes.com

"Maltzman and Handler both support Atty. Gen. Jerry Brown in the governor's race, and their concerns are echoed by some political and business observers."

Pierre (founder of eBay) was in another story last week.... EBay founder won't endorse Meg Whitman for governor| PolitiCal | Los Angeles Times
Pierre Omidyar would never support her-they are diametrically opposed on most of the issues...LOL

Furthermore, the silence from the Silicon Valley power players when it comes to supporting Whitman is deafening.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:45 PM

4,348 posts, read 2,321,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Well if it means leaving your home and family than more power to you. I am not that naive to think that California is the only place to enjoy life. I could live in Florida and Arizona but I think Nevada would be boring. Have you given any thought into where you might want to move?
I wouldn't be leaving my family. I have started looking and I want to visit a few places next year. This is how I found this forum in the first place. I want to be around water (ocean, lakes or rivers) so that's a factor. I want a place where the cost of living is reasonable, cities are safe and the people are good and friendly. Tennessee has potential.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I DID stop using it! I'm still registered but I'm no longer selling.

If you don't want to believe me, go over to the EBay discussion boards (on the eBay website) and ask them. Go to Trust & Safety or to TownHall. Check it out! Don't believe me? Ask for yourself!

I don't really know any eBay seller who is gungho for Meg. Not a one.

That's really sad.
I don't disbelieve anything you're saying. But I think if you'd had more direct experience with Brown like you did with Whitman's company, then you'd see Brown isn't any better. He's just a better actor.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You like to take pot shots at people yet never offer any contributions to the discussion other than reactions. That's why people think you are a Republican; not very brainy.
Pot, meet Kettle.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
LOL at the doom and gloom. California is not headed over a cliff , nothing is going to change no matter who is elected, it's going to take decades to turn things around. This California is going to fail talk has been going on for how many years? You can stress yourselves out all you want, fact is. Nothing ever happens that is so dramatic that would cause complete chaos. Just a bunch of fear talk.
"Nothing bad can happen to us". Denial runs deep in America.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:53 PM

939 posts, read 527,782 times
Might as well quit all the debating, both candidates are terrible. Brown's plan for the economy is a joke and Meg Whitman's plan is better but its too reminiscent of the Bush tax cuts (and we know that didn't work) and her persona is too reminiscent of Arnold (and we know that didn't work). Regardless, Meg has no chance in winning. She had a slight hope until she got on the wrong side of Latinos. Now she has no chance. Don't worry Repubs, she isn't Jesus, she wasn't going to turn California around in 4-8 years anyway. The state, along with the country will slowly recover from the real estate bust and we'll all be fine again, eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California