U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:11 PM

1,732 posts, read 3,976,795 times

Advertisements

The Central Valley is one of the fastest growing regions in this state,so were gonna need more Homes to accomodate this growth,and this project does sound very environmentally friendly...Hopefully they will get approval to build it.

I know many are worried about the loss of agricultural lands,but when growth comes your way you can't really avoid it,but just prepare for it.

We also need more High Rises in the Central Valley,but in clusters so we won't obstruct the natural scenery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2007, 05:36 PM

23 posts, read 69,570 times
wow....im kinda suprised people responded...some negatively and some posetively, i support this project, would people rather make more tract homes in urban areas such as L.A. or S.F. instead of an area where theres nothing, and cause more traffic in California's congested areas? Also, some people said they dont like tract homes, the project will probably also include high-rise condos, apartments...mayb u like that kind of housing? and literally everywhere, tract homes are there, so what kind of other housing is there? i would like to see highly-densed tract homes, all the residential areas compacted, instead of putting homes on 5 acres each creating sprawl!! hopefully the developer makes an area where high-rises can go up rather than office parks all scattered around the city creating more sprawl and also built the Central Valley's tallest building...

Old 07-26-2007, 10:46 PM

777 posts, read 3,397,086 times
The day actual high-rises go up along that stretch is the day this state officially becomes full.

Old 07-27-2007, 07:18 PM

23 posts, read 69,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLikeAGradStudent View Post
The day actual high-rises go up along that stretch is the day this state officially becomes full.

huh? i didnt really understand your statement?....sprawl would probably make this state full...High-Rises arethe alternative to sprawl, so hopefully this project can make it...

Old 07-27-2007, 07:43 PM

1,482 posts, read 4,730,585 times
Looking it over I would have to say no. Has some attractive and unattractive elements. I think the unattractive weigh heavier.

What's the deal with the racetrack and auto museum? Is that something a lot of people are interested in? And the eco/amusement park?

As I was watching their video for some reason The Island popped into my head. Don't know why but that doesn't seem like a good sign.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,817,646 times
Kings County Cow Girl, Convince me that water in the Southern San Joaquin is not already over subscribed.

Hey, are you familar with Miller and Lux dragging a boat around the valley by Oxen to scam the size of the lake for a government handout? Great story.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:26 AM

1,749 posts, read 7,670,975 times
God no. I hate that part of CA. The weather blows. I also like towns that evolve over time, not one that's "master planned" even if it is completely solar powered. I'm all for alternate energy but...

Old 09-01-2007, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,208 times
Question Isn't there enough people here already?

Instead of building more and more and more homes. How about fixing the aging power grids of the existing CA cities. The solar concept is great. How about making the entire project a solar field and pumping that power over the rest of the central valley. That would help make the entire central valley a sustainable community!

Old 09-16-2007, 07:08 PM

102 posts, read 532,669 times
Default Can the keep the crime out?

I have grown up in the central valley in Visalia most of my life. I moved to Orange County for College. I stayed long enough to get a degree, get married and work. After a year of commuting over an hour to get a whole 20 miles away and paying over $1000 a month for a small one bedroom apartment in the ghetto, I moved back to Visalia. I'm currently renting a 1600sqft 3 bed 2 bath for $875 in a nice middle class neighborhood and my drive to work seldom take more than 10 minutes. Now the perks being said, the polution is out of control. During the summer heat my parents recived more than one electric bill over $400. The population has grown from around 90,000 when I left to 117,000. Lastly, the crime seems to be getting out of control, despite the recent addition of two new police sub stations.

Quay Valley sounds like a dream. The idea of building an affordable community, probably less than an hour to the beach, close, but not to close to family, with entertainment, dinning, no commute, NO ELECTRIC BILLS, and a ton of "newness" could be wonderful! If all this could be accomplished I would move there no problem. However, I have doubts. How are they going to draw in 150,000 people? even over 40 years. The current valley rush is over. There are for sale signs and for rent signs all over every neighborhood Visalia, Fresno, Bakersfield. Also, with all the newsness and convience, how are they going to keep the homes within the reach of the average Valley worker? Lastly, gangs and crime is running rampant in the area, cities with much larger budgets can't keep a hold of it, how would this new city.

All and all, if they could bring some of the perks of the OC, without a bunch of rich snooty people and keep hold of some of the life in the valley that makes it unique, while keeping out the crime and rifraf it would be an amazing place. However, I think keeping one, cancels out the other. How about instead of building this fantasy city, whe just have then dump all the money into Bakersfield, Visalia and Fresno!

Old 09-16-2007, 07:23 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,817,646 times
Wait, you forgot Coalinga! Quay Valley already exists, it just needs a minor remodel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or