U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-25-2010, 06:13 PM

735 posts, read 491,536 times

Advertisements

California should have a purple ribbon to save California from bankruptcy. Look at all the pink and pink ribbons for Susan Komen breast cancer. You guilt people into giving money. God only knows who is getting rich off that racket.

Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is bigger than Exxon Mobil or Walmart. Where does all that money go? It should go to the state of California.

I want to see NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB teams wearing purple to save California.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 08:28 PM

19,005 posts, read 16,222,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
California should have a purple ribbon to save California from bankruptcy.
Ya already got purple aplenty. Ya think SEIU and the Sacramento Kings can save the state?

Old 10-25-2010, 09:04 PM

285 posts, read 294,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
California should have a purple ribbon to save California from bankruptcy. Look at all the pink and pink ribbons for Susan Komen breast cancer. You guilt people into giving money. God only knows who is getting rich off that racket.

Susan Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is bigger than Exxon Mobil or Walmart. Where does all that money go? It should go to the state of California.

I want to see NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB teams wearing purple to save California.
The money should go to forcing the government to educate our population about documented cancer causing chemicals and additives in our food and environment, and eliminating them. I can just hear the mantra "get rid of costly regulations" getting louder and louder, guess that won't happen in this political climate.

What you don't know may make you sick, if not kill you!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:01 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,438,253 times
Why not post a legit article, not some doomsday blog..... There's a thought

Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 PM

5,375 posts, read 7,039,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benshaton View Post
The money should go to forcing the government to educate our population about documented cancer causing chemicals and additives in our food and environment, and eliminating them.
No. The money should go towards educating the public against toxic political parties.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,960,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
Why not post a legit article, not some doomsday blog..... There's a thought
I just love how the doomsday blogs post things like "Everybody is leaving! The traffic is getting worse!"

Like those of us who live here don't realize that the traffic gets BETTER when everybody leaves!

Old 10-26-2010, 08:31 AM

14,048 posts, read 25,894,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I just love how the doomsday blogs post things like "Everybody is leaving! The traffic is getting worse!"

Like those of us who live here don't realize that the traffic gets BETTER when everybody leaves!
Said the same thing a few days ago... traffic is down and it's actually easier to find a parking place.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post

That's just not true. Everybody isn't leaving. In fact there's more people and more cars every day. Traffic is getting worse.

Nevermind that most of the population growth is illegal immigration. The illegals are likely to drive older cars in worse condition, and more likely to have no drivers license, no insurance and not be familiar with the motor vehicle code.

If you had a better day traffic wise you just had good luck that day.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,960,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
That's just not true. Everybody isn't leaving. In fact there's more people and more cars every day. Traffic is getting worse.
That's my point.

These doomsday blogs always say how many things are getting worse (traffic, pollution, water shortage, whatever), and then they say "Everybody is leaving!"

If everybody was leaving, those things would be getting better, not worse.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:32 AM

Okay, we agree, traffic is getting worse and the population is increasing. And throughout most of the city there is no room to make streets wider. The parking lane could be restricted during commute hours or taken away altogether to make another traffic lane, but that will just cause a horrendous parking problem. I have no statistic but I'll bet more than half of LA residents have no off-street parking for their cars.

The population is increasing, there are more cars on the road, and think about this: the worse traffic gets the longer every car in that jam is on the road, and the longer those cars are on the road the worse traffic gets for everybody. It's the same effect that causes a 90 minute commute to generate 3X the traffic of a 30 minute commute from a single car.

Since population is bound to increase and cause more cars on the road then traffic can get only worse. The only solution is to build more rapid transit but for the most part our "rapid" transit is buses that share the same streets with the cars. What we really need is a thorough subway system but that will take decades to build out and cost billions of dollars. And just where will that money come from?

The traffic situation looks insane to me and surely going to get worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California