U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-30-2010, 11:38 PM

12,130 posts, read 10,074,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
What's the big deal? They already have something like this in the Pacific Northwest, a cable news channel that covers all of WA and OR:

NorthWest Cable News

It's not a new idea.
Washingtonand Oregon could conceivably be in one market. LA, SD and SF are all much more distinct from one another despite the fact that they share the same state.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 10:17 AM

5,606 posts, read 9,862,858 times
There are lots of news issues that affect the whole state, not just individual regions. I would not mind more of that coverage (especially around election time) instead of hearing about a peeping tom in Vallejo or high school football in Sonoma.

and KNTV isn't in SF

Old 10-31-2010, 10:39 AM

12,130 posts, read 10,074,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
There are lots of news issues that affect the whole state, not just individual regions. I would not mind more of that coverage (especially around election time) instead of hearing about a peeping tom in Vallejo or high school football in Sonoma.

and KNTV isn't in SF
If the news coverage was more like that then yes, it would be more relevant and interesting. I'm not even interested in those BS stories when they're local.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:43 AM

7,413 posts, read 3,088,550 times
I also think that a state-wide television network would be fine; kind of like a California version of CNN. Just a snapshot of what's happening; like serious murders or accidents across the state. Last week I watched the local channel 5\ KTLA report the news; one long segment was on how kids had thrown marbles through the windows of 10 car dealerships in Van Nuys followed up by a story about a robbery of an El Pollo Loco franchise in Azusa where all the robbers wore Halloween masks of President Obama. Wow, that was earth-shattering news
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California