Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:04 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,384,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
See? That's what happens when I neglect to use the sarcasm icon!
Ha, that makes more sense. You're too smart for that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 06:44 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
LOL! I hope John and Ken aren't as influencial as this guy makes them out to be. That would be really !!!

One sign that they are not, is there support for Prop 23 (the proposition designed to overturn strict existing state enironmental regulationsinacted by the legislature in 2006,and signed into law by Gov Schwartzenegger) . John and Ken have been shilling for this propostion to pass for weeks,as hard as anything I've heard them go after since the Gray Davis recall. Yet, Prop 23, which had been comfortably ahead in the polls, is now sinking fast.

John and Ken are entertaining to listen to, but, as far as having their finger on the Zeitgeist in SoCal, they miss as often as they hit. They are relentlessly contemptous of civil government, regardless of which party is in charge. That bi-partisanship is refreashing, I suppose, but I'm not sure that having all that corrosive scorn constantly heaped on our public institutions is all that healthy for our society.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:45 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
I think that in the end this will still be a blue state.
Bluer and bluer, much like someone deprived of oxygen.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Land View Post
Why is the guy who was president two years ago off limits, however Bill Clinton constantly gets bashed to this day. How long ago was he in office again?
Bill Clinton rarely gets bashed, only to prove the right can continue to bring up issues as well as the left. Heck, many of you seem to think bringing Reagan up is fair game as well. Mostly you still hear Clinton's name because 1-his wife is part of the present administration and 2-He is "in your face" all the time.

As for California the stroy is a nothing story, plus it is from the HP. So Ca stays BLUE, so what? Is this suppose to be the Oct Surprise or something?

Nita

Old 10-26-2010, 06:27 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Oh! Is George running again? He must be or the above post is wholly irrelevant.
That's the way the libs work. They can't say anything good about Obama and the liberal agenda so they demonize the opposition, even if the opposition is no longer in play.
Pitiful

Old 10-26-2010, 08:22 AM

1,359 posts, read 4,849,445 times
I prefer to blame the guy who drove the car into the ditch, even if the tow truck driver is having problems pulling it out.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 AM

312 posts, read 502,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Bill Clinton rarely gets bashed, only to prove the right can continue to bring up issues as well as the left. Heck, many of you seem to think bringing Reagan up is fair game as well. Mostly you still hear Clinton's name because 1-his wife is part of the present administration and 2-He is "in your face" all the time.

As for California the stroy is a nothing story, plus it is from the HP. So Ca stays BLUE, so what? Is this suppose to be the Oct Surprise or something?

Nita
LOL @ Bill Clinton rarely gets bashed. You know that's a lie, and the Republican hero is Ronald Regan so please don't act like you all don't bring him up every chance you get.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:37 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Because CA voters are very, very dumb.

"I can't believe what's happening to our state!"

"I'm angry too, what are we going to do about it?"

"Vote for the same people over and over again."

"Brilliant!"

Old 10-26-2010, 11:44 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Because CA voters are very, very dumb.

"I can't believe what's happening to our state!"

"I'm angry too, what are we going to do about it?"

"Vote for the same people over and over again."

"Brilliant!"

No because Nancy Pelosi is very very smart. Those districts are drawn to guarantee incumbents get re-elected. There may not be a single incumbent going down in CA. Republicans and Democrats are all happy with that deal

Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
No because Nancy Pelosi is very very smart. Those districts are drawn to guarantee incumbents get re-elected. There may not be a single incumbent going down in CA. Republicans and Democrats are all happy with that deal
Besides gerrymandering-out "safe" districts for each other, the main reason incumbants usually get re-elected is they are careful to maintain their popularity in their home districts. It's a paradox- voters are angry at the "government" on a macro-level, but satisfied with their local representatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: