Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 07:03 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,173,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We appreciate that, those states have programs for people with special needs.

Your ignorance and hostility of this state really shines through.

You guys need to find something more important to whine about, get a job and clean up your own back yard.
Are you trying to imply that I am on Welfare? I like those states for their beauty and other things. I do not like texas for many reasons and one is because of people like you. Judgemental and rude.

Get a job? I am a full time university student working my a*s off to get a degree MOD CUT.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-08-2010 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: don't be rude

Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
You guys need to find something more important to whine about
Naw, we get off on the fact that we don't even have to go to any of the Texas fora to troll you. Moths to a flame...

Old 11-08-2010, 07:25 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
As a native Southerner, I love both California AND Texas. Is there something wrong with me? Easily my favorite states in the U.S., although I would have to pick California, particularly south of the Bay Area, as my top choice.

I love the natural beauty, fast pace, university options of California more. However, I admire and respect the Texas political system and tax and regulatory system more (and am very skeptical about AB 32 in California).

Both states have friendly, outgoing people generally.

California has profoundly conservative regions. Think: the High Sierra region, northern inland California (north of Sacramento), the Central Valley (including Fresno and Bakersfield), Orange County, San Diego, and the Inland Empire (although that is tilting left). Southern California has produced Deukmejian, Pete Wilson and, of course, Reagan...although admittedly none of them are/were California natives.

Texas has cities more liberal than all but the most liberal of CA's cities: I would argue that Dallas and Houston are among the most liberal cities electorally in the entire country. Dallas County just reelected an openly lesbian Hispanic sheriff; Houston elected its first openly lesbian mayor and is the largest city in the country to have ever done so. Austin, while no Berkeley or Santa Fe, went for Gore in 2000 during a time when the only other counties that went blue in that state were counties with high Hispanic populations near the Mexican border. Heck, a homeless transvestite even ran for mayor there and, if I'm not mistaken, got a decent number of votes.

The UC System campuses and Caltech as well as UT-Austin and Texas A&M (although eleven CA universities listed and two TX universities listed) are among the most respected public research universities in the world, although admittedly the CA universities are more prestigious.

California has large cities very different from one another: San Diego, L.A., San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, Long Beach, Sacramento, and Fresno. Texas, likewise: Dallas and Fort Worth (oh, how different they are!) as well as Austin, San Antonio and Houston.

Lastly, the two states are the most geographically and culturally diverse states with the most robust economies in the United States. California has nearly 40,000,000 and Texas nearly 30,000,000 residents; neither are going away anytime soon.

If you're from either California OR Texas, it's okay. Stop the p*ssing match.

Last edited by EclecticEars; 11-08-2010 at 07:37 PM..

Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Get a job? I am a full time university student working my a*s off to get a degree jerk.
What's going to be really funny is when you graduate and become a man, you will be offered the job of your dreams in Podunk Texas. That job used to be located in CA but went to a better state.

Or the great job you get in CA decides to relocate to this great state and you're waiting tables with a PHD.

Be careful what you rant about, it might come back to bite you. Fate works that way.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 PM

Like moths to a flame...

Old 11-08-2010, 08:02 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
What's going to be really funny is when you graduate and become a man, you will be offered the job of your dreams in Podunk Texas. That job used to be located in CA but went to a better state.
Why yes, a Texas, a much better state. Flat, boring, 85,000 acres of wilderness in the entire state, divided amongst 6 puny areas. Heck, Los Angeles County, not one of California's most pristine landscapes, has more designated wilderness than the entire state of Texas.

But, most people don't care about that, as long as there is a McDonald's near by. Texas used be cattle company, but today it is inhabited mostly by sheeple.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:

LOL Texas is not better, it sucks and is boring as hell. San Diego County alone has more species of plants then the whole state of Texas. Texas is nothing but a wannabe California. You can't even ski in Texas!

Texas
Moderator cut: image removed

California
Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Yac; 01-10-2014 at 04:48 AM..

Old 11-08-2010, 08:12 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
You can't even ski in Texas!
Well, you could if Bull**** were white

Old 11-08-2010, 08:13 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Naw, we get off on the fact that we don't even have to go to any of the Texas fora to troll you. Moths to a flame...
Okay, this exceeded my laugh meter calibration!

Old 11-08-2010, 08:13 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,004 times
ITT, we treat people from Texas and the southern states with contempt to make ourselves feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California