U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 10-30-2010, 07:45 AM

1,315 posts, read 860,802 times
Default Marijuanna Is A Gateway Drug

Marijuanna serves as a gateway to other drugs. Legalize marijuanna, and you give the drug pushers or the "friends" the medium to offer harder drugs when that person is stoned.

My older brother declared strongly that he would never do crack many years ago and then lo and behold: he was doing crack. I had asked him why he would go back on his word about never doing crack, and he has said that crack was offered to him when he was stoned.

I don't know what proof anybody needs to say that judgment is impaired when you are stoned.

If Californians legalize marijuanna, then they are opening the gateway for more users to be approached with harder drugs. Then you can kiss that liberty good bye when drug users are enslaved by these drugs as the only means to get them through the day. You will have annoying family members asking for money for gas, food, and whatnots when in actually, they are asking money for drugs. How's that for unwanted oppression on families as an unnecessary drain on resources in these difficult times?

Then if drug users cannot get money from family members, then they resort to selling stuff to get the money. And when all that is of value that can be sold is gone, then stealing will become an option.

Then you have the history of irresponsible people in California of drinking and driving. How much will that be raised by people driving while stoned? How many have to get in a car wreck and how many people need to die to see that smoking marijuanna is for the purpose of being stoned or impaired?

Can California recover from that downward spiral in society caused by the legalization of marijuanna? Is the drug price for entertainment worth the blood spilled in Mexico? Will the drug war move to California when California wakes up too late to change things back?

People need to stop the rationalization of marijuanna as a harmless drug when it is a fact that it serves as a gateway for other harder drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-30-2010, 08:11 AM

17,736 posts, read 12,163,663 times
Sounds like you just watched the movie "Reefer Madness"
Pot can be procured just about anywhere anytime the fact that its illegal makes absolutely no difference in its ease of availability, your gateway drug theory is weak , if some one wants to do heroin or crack or cocaine it makes no difference at all whether pot is legal or not or whether they've ever smoked pot, do all people who have an alcoholic drink become alcoholics, by your logic wouldnt tobacco be considered a gateway drug? Also when you are under the influence of pot you still have a rational mind so you arent going to be talked into something you dont want to do,
You sound like some one who has never done recreational drugs so you dont understand what smoking pot is all about, sounds like your preconceived notions are just heresay from some one else who has never done drugs.
Legalize pot? doesnt really matter,as i can get it easily,but legalizing pot to stop wasting tax payers money to incarcerate pot smokers?thats worth legalizing it.

Unread 10-30-2010, 08:39 AM

4,153 posts, read 5,955,477 times
This is the OP's second own duplicate thread. Perhaps Enow is stoned?

Unread 10-30-2010, 08:47 AM

4,815 posts, read 4,920,288 times
Not true. I know many people who smoke pot and they have never done other drugs.

Unread 10-30-2010, 08:48 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,829,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Yeah. I already replied to the other thread. For a second I was wondering where my post was!

Unread 10-30-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Marijuanna serves as a gateway to other drugs. Legalize marijuanna, and you give the drug pushers or the "friends" the medium to offer harder drugs when that person is stoned.

My older brother declared strongly that he would never do crack many years ago and then lo and behold: he was doing crack...

People need to stop the rationalization of marijuanna as a harmless drug when it is a fact that it serves as a gateway for other harder drugs.
Actually the original gateway drug is milk. Almost all drug users started out on milk. All your arguments against marijuana apply equally to milk, so why don't we ban milk?

People need to stop the rationalization of milk as a harmless drug when it is a fact that it serves as a gateway for almost all drug taking behavior and addiction. And what about all those people who are addicted to 10-12 sodas per day? Probably nearly all those soda addicts started out their habits using milk.

Unread 10-30-2010, 10:53 AM

1,981 posts, read 4,877,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
I had asked him why he would go back on his word about never doing crack, and he has said that crack was offered to him when he was stoned.
Marijuana is no gateway drug. Smoking pot does not cause you to lose total common sense and go against your morals like alcohol does. Just because your brother stated he was stoned, does not mean it was the pot that made him do it. Sounds like he may have an addictive personality. And in that case, it really doesn't matter what you start with. Pick one.

Unread 10-30-2010, 11:06 AM

7,041 posts, read 10,153,888 times
The OP's argument is almost as ridiculous as the people opposing prop 19, who are stating that passing prop 19 would allow truck drivers and bus drivers to smoke pot before they go to work.
The people who say that are either ignorant of the facts, or just plain liars...!
People who hold commercial drivers licenses can smoke pot now if they wish to, but once they take the mandatory and random drug test required by law, their careers will soon be over. I oversaw drug testing for commercial drivers, and believe me, abusers are soon weeded out.
Legalizing pot doesn't mean mandatory drug tests will be stopped

Unread 10-30-2010, 11:15 AM

13,169 posts, read 4,087,546 times
Check this out and form your own opinion:

The Marijuana Conspiracy - THE REAL REASON HEMP IS ILLEGAL ...
Drugs | 100777.commarijuanaconspiracy

Unread 10-30-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
It's his fourth identical post today, word for word identical. It makes you wonder if he has an agenda. Note also, OP is primarily active in C-D's Christianity forum. Evidently he's on a mission from God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California