U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which ARea is better/ more lively in California?
L.A. Area 10 33.33%
San Diego Area 13 43.33%
San Francisco 15 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 06:17 PM

2 posts, read 2,665 times
Default LA vs San Diego vs San Francisco Bay Area?

Where would you live in California out of the three areas?

I will never step foot in LA again in my life b/c there's no city like it in the U.S. ****ty Downtown, Traffic, all suburbs that make up one city, Hollywood, Land of the plastic and fakes. The story goes on. I don't see how anyone enjoys that dump filled with illegals. Lol How people Say it's diverse, To me its all Hispanic and scattered Asians here and there. LA will never be on the same league as NYC period.

San Diego is much more pretty, I think it's a evacuation route from the L.A. Area. SD has a nice Skyline along the bay. Great Mexican food, less traffic, awesome weather, and Better beaches.

San Francisco is by my favorite b/c it has a Eastcoast feel to it. I live in Rochester and traveled much thorugh out the East! Okay public transportation, Traffic probably as bad as LA though, Best Natural Setting city in the U.S. I've been to. I Feel that the Bay Area Economy is more important thatn the LA economy. LA has nothing I can think of that is important either than Movies, Hollywood, and the Long Beach shipping Ports!

I had to make a LA vs ___ Comparison lol, b/c theres already alot in the City vs city forum!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 07:30 PM

7,413 posts, read 3,208,284 times
Another New York troll. Notice this is the first post?

Old 10-30-2010, 07:49 PM

4,815 posts, read 5,465,735 times
The first paragraph about LA was rude as hell!

but the second paragraph about SD was nice!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:44 PM

12,405 posts, read 10,377,534 times
I agree with what you said about the Bay Area.

I agree with what you said about San Diego except this I think it's a evacuation route from the L.A

You're way off base with LA.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Whateva surf boy!

Old 10-30-2010, 09:09 PM

16,587 posts, read 19,676,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
And he doesn't like brown or yellow people! I'm surprised you didn't call him out on that one.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:09 PM

1,011 posts, read 492,616 times
Where is the "none of them" option? They are all equally fake and the opposite of "better/lively"

Old 10-30-2010, 09:41 PM

81 posts, read 104,054 times
I like both the Bay Area and LA, so I voted both. I honestly don't have too much experience with San Diego, so I didn't feel like I could vote for it. My brief times in San Diego have been pleasant though.

They are all great areas that offer different things. I really just love all of California to be honest. If I ended up living in any of these places I would be a happy man.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:17 PM

1,255 posts, read 1,586,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC RocksOn View Post
Where would you live in California out of the three areas?

I will never step foot in LA again in my life b/c there's no city like it in the U.S. ****ty Downtown, Traffic, all suburbs that make up one city, Hollywood, Land of the plastic and fakes. The story goes on. I don't see how anyone enjoys that dump filled with illegals. Lol How people Say it's diverse, To me its all Hispanic and scattered Asians here and there. LA will never be on the same league as NYC period.

San Diego is much more pretty, I think it's a evacuation route from the L.A. Area. SD has a nice Skyline along the bay. Great Mexican food, less traffic, awesome weather, and Better beaches.

San Francisco is by my favorite b/c it has a Eastcoast feel to it. I live in Rochester and traveled much thorugh out the East! Okay public transportation, Traffic probably as bad as LA though, Best Natural Setting city in the U.S. I've been to. I Feel that the Bay Area Economy is more important thatn the LA economy. LA has nothing I can think of that is important either than Movies, Hollywood, and the Long Beach shipping Ports!

I had to make a LA vs ___ Comparison lol, b/c theres already alot in the City vs city forum!!
I agree with most of this, but most of what you wrote about LA are reasons why I LOVE that place. Oh well, LA's not for everyone. (That would be San Diego.) I'll give you traffic sucks, and as for DTLA I can see why people don't like it, but I think size-adjusted it's on par for most cities in CA. (SF is a notable exception, obviously.) But I like Hollywood, I like that suburbs that run together (though LA is still a humongous city by itself) and I like plastics and fakes; why don't you? They're nice to look at, unless they're so ridicuously fake that it's painful, in which case they're nice to laugh at. I also like that it's full of "Hispanics and scattered Asians" because LA has about a bazillion good cheap Asian and Hispanic restaurants. LA > SD for Mexican food, easily, but you're from Rochester so of course you'd think that any CA Mexican food (even El Indio or anywhere in Old Town SD) is good.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:42 PM

24,929 posts, read 31,778,737 times
Downtown LA is the premier wholesale shopping area of the entire West Coast. Its not a place for uppity boutiques--for that you can go to the Westside or the suburbs. I appreciate all the residential development going on in Downtown LA because they are attracting counter-culture monied types who will assist in transforming DT LA into a mecca for edgier types which will be reflected new kinds of restaurants and nightclubs in LA-its already happening. I LOVE the Disney Concert Hall(SO JEALOUS).

LA has the best collection of museums on the West Coast(I can never get enough of them), and I would say only NY and possibly DC compare in that aspect. LA has cultural amenities rivaled by nowhere except NYC. LA is a party town and a place to get lost, LA can be laid back and hurried at the same time. LA can be high class and no class depending on what your looking for. You can drive to Inner LA(Downtown, Westside) and be in the thick of it and then retreat to the coast and feel like your in a resort far from urban cares.

That ability to enjoy the best of man and nature is something that urban Californians have been blessed with, be it LA, SD or SF. I really like that.

Anyway, Downtown LA shouldnt be held to a different standard because most downtowns suck royally-at least Downtown LA is very vibrant unlike 90% of the downtowns out there that only seem busy during lunch hour. LOL

Anyway, you can't assume that just because there are a lot of hispanics, that LA is overrun by illegals. That's not fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California