Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 01:05 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,512,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritof68 View Post
Not everybody here in Texas is from Texas. We have a lot of carpet baggers from California in Austin and San Antonio like that guy who came to there to flip houses put his Cali attitude on folks and make them angry.

While I fail to see the connection between the Giants and the Ranger and global warming but nobody in Texas really cares that the Giants won. They played a good game. A really good game and the Rangers' were off.

One last note, I believe that California is biggest users (abusers) of oil and gas in the US. I remember as kid, California cars had to have a special emission different from the rest of the US.
Us Texans are waving hello from the East - You Californians enjoy the biggest hole you have ever dug for yourselves. Someone always feels like they have to point fingers....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 01:14 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,237,526 times
I am amazed that more people in California will not open their eyes and realize that the nation is moving in another path. We got our House in order, all we need is to get California in line.

What will we do when more jobs leave the state?

Old 11-03-2010, 01:22 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,357,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I am amazed that more people in California will not open their eyes and realize that the nation is moving in another path. We got our House in order, all we need is to get California in line.

What will we do when more jobs leave the state?
Blame everyone but themselves, as usual.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:25 PM

858 posts, read 1,497,466 times
For everyone who voted NO on 23, you just ruined California. Have fun with your $7 a gallon gas and your 3x utility costs!! I'm out of this ****ty state for good!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 01:42 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,904,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
CA needs cleaner air requirements out of necessity. The topography in some areas concentrates the air pollution. There are a couple areas like LA and the Bay area with dense populations. I'm often dismayed as I drive up I-5 or I-15 anywhere near LA. The smog is horrendous. Heck, the view from morro rock in Sequoia NP is becoming just a haze now because of air pollution.

So yes, CA needs tough air standards. However, even with the standards we have now, the air quality is poor. I too would rather breathe Dallas air than LA air. Well, unless I was within a few miles of the Pacific with an onshore flow. It scares me to think how bad it would be if tough standards were not in place.
I have absolutely and positively no problem with controlling pollution. I agree with the issues behind how CARB got started and what the issues are on smog.

However, and I will say this again, AB32 and Prop 23 deals with carbon dioxide. This is not smog.

The brown air smog you see is nitrogen dioxide. My kids made this in high school chemistry class. There's also sulfur dioxide and carbon MONOxide which is also part of smog. I have NO problems regulating SO2, NO2, and CO and that used to be CARB's job.

Let me repeat for the ignorant. AB32 and prop 23 deals with carbon DIOXide, which is emitted by every living thing and every man-made process. Plants absorb it. It is NOT smog. It is NOT pollution. It reminds me of the local newspaper and high school teachers which show a cooling tower emitting water vapor and calling it pollution. Hell, even a freshman high school kid reminded his teacher of this and the teacher just shines him on.

Jerry Brown erroneously wrote prop 23 as calling carbon dioxide pollution, got sued for it, and the courts supported Brown (go figure). And the majority of the voters fell for it and the stupid assertion that "Texas oil" was behind prop 23. So what?

Last edited by jkbatca; 11-03-2010 at 01:50 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,904,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
For everyone who voted NO on 23, you just ruined California. Have fun with your $7 a gallon gas and your 3x utility costs!! I'm out of this ****ty state for good!!!
Exactly, and just for laughs, I wonder how many who voted no have an SUV, RV, boat, etc. They are going to pay big time for their extreme stupidity and I'm going to laugh my a$$ off at them as they complain about how the price of gas is insane in CA.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:02 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,014,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Exactly, and just for laughs, I wonder how many who voted no have an SUV, RV, boat, etc. They are going to pay big time for their extreme stupidity and I'm going to laugh my a$$ off at them as they complain about how the price of gas is insane in CA.
That, in a nutshell, is the problem with the CA 'progressives' - their hypocrisy. They know they themselves 'emit CO2' in various ways, and want the 'poor and downtrodden and illegal' to 'have access to' to such modern conveniences such as cars, electricity, sewage, running water, aircraft, medical facilities, etc... which all contribute to CO2, on working taxpayers dime WHICH THEY JUST VOTED TO TAX EVEN MORE so they can spout their righteous indignation, yet they all act high and mighty.

I'd understand if they themselves all lived in caves and hunted wild animals for food and sat around camp fires for heat..., and never used heaters or air conditioning or public transportation or electricity or sewage etc... etc... (which also emits CO2), but where do they get the nerve to preach the way they live now?

Last edited by wellyouknow; 11-03-2010 at 03:00 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 03:36 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,303,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Blame everyone but themselves, as usual.
No, haven't you heard, as CAlifornia goes so does America. We are told that on these threads daily.

Nita

Old 11-04-2010, 12:16 AM

8,680 posts, read 17,220,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
I have absolutely and positively no problem with controlling pollution. I agree with the issues behind how CARB got started and what the issues are on smog.

However, and I will say this again, AB32 and Prop 23 deals with carbon dioxide. This is not smog.

The brown air smog you see is nitrogen dioxide. My kids made this in high school chemistry class. There's also sulfur dioxide and carbon MONOxide which is also part of smog. I have NO problems regulating SO2, NO2, and CO and that used to be CARB's job.

Let me repeat for the ignorant. AB32 and prop 23 deals with carbon DIOXide, which is emitted by every living thing and every man-made process. Plants absorb it. It is NOT smog. It is NOT pollution. It reminds me of the local newspaper and high school teachers which show a cooling tower emitting water vapor and calling it pollution. Hell, even a freshman high school kid reminded his teacher of this and the teacher just shines him on.

Jerry Brown erroneously wrote prop 23 as calling carbon dioxide pollution, got sued for it, and the courts supported Brown (go figure). And the majority of the voters fell for it and the stupid assertion that "Texas oil" was behind prop 23. So what?
Texas oil was behind Prop 23.

Koch brothers jump into Prop 23 fight | Grist

Calitics:: Just Who Are These Prop 23 Financiers?

The Koch brothers and their ilk are pretty much trying to buy the country, funding initiatives like Prop 23 to dismantle environmental legislation and bankrolling the Teabaggers. And there are enough idiots willing to buy their nonsense to give them the country at a bargain price.

Carbon dioxide is a pollutant IN EXCESSIVE QUANTITY. That's the whole point. Yes, plants absorb it, people and animals and human activity produce it, but it's all about the quantity. Currently, we produce too much. That's the main point of AB32.

For those of you who are predicting doom, disaster, frogs raining from the sky and $7 a gallon gas in California because Prop. 23 failed to gut our environmental laws: You're wrong. As much as I'm sure you would like it to be 1900 again, it isn't going to happen. Assuming you can bear the horror of remaining in California, you're welcome for the cleaner air and new high-tech industries.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:23 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,340,248 times
Even Arnold said today that California kicked Texas' butt and applauded the failure of Prop 23. Schwarzenegger said he would tell who he voted for and many think he will announce that he voted for Jerry Brown. Poor Whitman and Fiorina; they lost millions of their own money for nothing. And the Texas oil companies will think twice before ever interfering with California because we know how corporations hate to lose money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California