Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 10:47 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Arkansas is where you want to live. Booming economy, lovely people, beautiful natural setting. Please consider Arkansas.
On the other hand, Fontana is acknowledged far and wide as the cultural center of the greast state of Calofornia with more princesses and queens than anywhere but San Francisco!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 11:03 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
I can't even express my love and admiration for the best state in the union (Arkansas) without some smartassed Missouri feller getting all sarcastic and stuff.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,744 times
I see the OP made a big mistake.

@Sophi-Alin - The next time you start a thread like this in the CA forums, tell them you are Mexican. The responses will be quite different. Heck, you might even have people waiting for you along the fence with food and water. Nobody would criticize your command of the English language, and nobody would care if you had a green card or not. Everyone would just assume you only want to come here to pursue the American dream of liberty - something you are entitled to. OK, some would still attack you, but those guys would be attacked by other posters here and accused of being right-wing racists.

But seriously folks, do you not see the hypocrisy going on here? Go ahead and lie to me and tell me the responses would have been as sarcastic if the poster had indicated her location was Mexico City.

@Sophi-Alin - I'd combine the responses by nmnita and bluenoter. Do it legally and the right way. It can be done. CA does have higher unemployment, but even here there are jobs. Many ethnic communities have tight communities to assist people immigrating. Be careful though, because there is also a lot of exploitation that occurs. I lived in your part of the world for 2-1/2 years. I can respect what you are trying to do.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:54 AM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,767,525 times
I don't understand why anyone would want to leave the UAE for economic reasons. They have money and we don't, because they have oil and we're too afraid to produce our own oil, so we buy it from them. Just stay there and enjoy the fruits of our labor!

Old 11-09-2010, 12:32 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Arkansas is where you want to live. Booming economy, lovely people, beautiful natural setting. Please consider Arkansas.
thanks friend!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 12:41 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophi-Alin View Post
Good day all !

I am a new graduate ( Marketing major )
Wanna come by and try a new live in USA !!

I don't have a green card or relatives

Wanna change and try my luck for a year !

Any suggestion where should i work
( It's okay with me to work in hotels or resturants ! , In our society we have been treat like a princess , I don't have to work or pay for any thing !! .. I just want to try the life that i made it for myself )

Hope to find a good comments

CY
You shouldn't "try" you luck anywhere in California. It's not the state to try. You need money or else you will end up broke and on the streets like millions of other people. Also, I don't think you will be too welcome in California with your amateur grasp on the English language and spelling skills. There are too many non-english speakers in California already that bother Californians. Sorry to say but you will not be helping the cause. I would reccomend Texas. There's wide open skies, clean air, trees, money, jobs, houses, nice people, and plenty of foreigners that are welcome.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:36 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,224,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You shouldn't "try" you luck anywhere in California. It's not the state to try. You need money or else you will end up broke and on the streets like millions of other people. Also, I don't think you will be too welcome in California with your amateur grasp on the English language and spelling skills. There are too many non-english speakers in California already that bother Californians. Sorry to say but you will not be helping the cause. I would reccomend Texas. There's wide open skies, clean air, trees, money, jobs, houses, nice people, and plenty of foreigners that are welcome.
Yes, see, he did it. You'll fit right in.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:56 PM

3 posts, read 3,848 times
Thanks all !
What a lovely comments !!

Old 11-09-2010, 09:00 PM

3 posts, read 3,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I see the OP made a big mistake.

@Sophi-Alin - The next time you start a thread like this in the CA forums, tell them you are Mexican. The responses will be quite different. Heck, you might even have people waiting for you along the fence with food and water. Nobody would criticize your command of the English language, and nobody would care if you had a green card or not. Everyone would just assume you only want to come here to pursue the American dream of liberty - something you are entitled to. OK, some would still attack you, but those guys would be attacked by other posters here and accused of being right-wing racists.

But seriously folks, do you not see the hypocrisy going on here? Go ahead and lie to me and tell me the responses would have been as sarcastic if the poster had indicated her location was Mexico City.

@Sophi-Alin - I'd combine the responses by nmnita and bluenoter. Do it legally and the right way. It can be done. CA does have higher unemployment, but even here there are jobs. Many ethnic communities have tight communities to assist people immigrating. Be careful though, because there is also a lot of exploitation that occurs. I lived in your part of the world for 2-1/2 years. I can respect what you are trying to do.

Thanks for you comments

I just post this thread to see people comments nothing more !!
BTW I already have a Job in New York City !!
Will start it in february

So be happy people !!!!!!!

Old 11-09-2010, 09:43 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophi-Alin View Post
Thanks for you comments

I just post this thread to see people comments nothing more !!
BTW I already have a Job in New York City !!
Will start it in february

So be happy people !!!!!!!

Good for you! That will be a grand adventure. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California