Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM

61 posts, read 144,348 times

Advertisements

Want to go wine tasting on sat. would like to hit a couple wineries. do they cost to taste?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 11:13 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
One of my favorites is V. Sattui. They have a nice deli and picnic area. There are certainly better wines in Napa, but they have some pretty decent wines. The vibe is nice. I've taken a lot of people there and everyone has liked it.

If you want what is probably the best "educational" winery tour, Robert Mondavi is great. They do a great job of explaining the whole process of making wine. Easily the most informative wine tour I have ever been on. Other wineries are fancier (caves, trams), but this is the place to go to get edumacated The wine you will taste at the end is also much better than the el cheapo wine they sell in the local stores.

Anyway, my two cents.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:37 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
One of my favorites is V. Sattui. They have a nice deli and picnic area. There are certainly better wines in Napa, but they have some pretty decent wines. The vibe is nice. I've taken a lot of people there and everyone has liked it.

If you want what is probably the best "educational" winery tour, Robert Mondavi is great. They do a great job of explaining the whole process of making wine. Easily the most informative wine tour I have ever been on. Other wineries are fancier (caves, trams), but this is the place to go to get edumacated The wine you will taste at the end is also much better than the el cheapo wine they sell in the local stores.

Anyway, my two cents.
Can only 2 people have lunch and wine tasting? I have looked at their website and it seems like only a party of 15 can do this.

http://www.vsattui.com/index.cfm?met...a-bb10fbaf454d

Old 11-12-2010, 01:04 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Can only 2 people have lunch and wine tasting? I have looked at their website and it seems like only a party of 15 can do this.

http://www.vsattui.com/index.cfm?met...a-bb10fbaf454d
I'm usually there with about a party of 4. There are no size restrictions. It's got a wine tasting area you just walk up to, and a deli/store. You buy your stuff and just go out to the picnic grounds surrounding the building to eat. The party of 15 must refer to special occasions or something.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:14 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
I'm usually there with about a party of 4. There are no size restrictions. It's got a wine tasting area you just walk up to, and a deli/store. You buy your stuff and just go out to the picnic grounds surrounding the building to eat. The party of 15 must refer to special occasions or something.
Thanks for the info!

Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 PM

6,906 posts, read 8,275,166 times
There are sooooo many! I was just there on Thursday, beautiful time of the year.

How about these: near Yountville, CA. Paradigm, tiny place, but oh so good. The owner was pouring, no tasting fee. He's been working in the valley since 1965.

On Highway 29 not far from Paradigm is Turnbull. The wine is good but sales/pouring staff were just so so with their presentations. This place will give you a "coupon" to have the corkage fee waived when go to certain restaurants like Musturd Grill, Go Fish or Cindy's Back Kitchen all in St. Helena or just outside it.

Go to Yountville, CA. Look for Bouchon, it is a restaurant and a French bakery.
The people that run world famous French Laundry also run Bouchon.

You must go to the French bakery, very very yummy, excellent breads and pastries. Bouchon Bakery!

Also, try Bistro Jeanty (restaurant), in Yountville.

The place that made California Wines Famous Worldwide, Chateau Montelena.
Chateau Montelena Winery | World Class Napa Valley Wine | Homepage

All these places have websites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California