Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Just put californio on ignore. It is a loud mouth internet troll bot, and in no way represents anything Californian. Probably still lives in its mom's basement to boot.
No doubt. But you have to be understanding with these fragile creatures. He's 19. Having raised five children to and beyond that age, I can tell you on good authority that at 19 they know EVERYTHING! Just ask them.

All this state v. state hyperbole certainly grows tiresome. Yes, a lot of people want to move to California for that Hollywood vision they just know they'll find there. However, it may come as a surprise for some denizens already there to know that not everybody wants to. Many others in that vast expanse stretching "from sea to shining sea" are perfectly content right where they are and have a true affinity for their home state. Sure, they'd like to visit California just to see what it's all about but that doesn't mean they want to rush home, pack up and move there.

No, California is not truly bleeding businesses but it's probably lost some of the business luster that used to draw them. The state is also not hemorrhaging people but a significant amount continue to move elsewhere. Figures lie and liars figure. Any one of us with even just a little Internet savvy can easily find statistics to support whatever direction we're pulled, left, right or somewhere in between. It proves nothing.

Rather than dismissing or, worse, belittling the choices others make, why not simply be happy with yours as they likely are with theirs?

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 11-20-2010 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
I just like poking Jesuslanders.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I just like poking Jesuslanders.
And if you want the California equivalent of fly-over land, look no further than Fontana!

Old 11-20-2010, 07:51 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Fontana is drive through land. You drive through it on the 15, 10 and 210. And Rt 66 if you feel nostalgic.

But it still ain't Jesusland, and for that I'm ever so thankful.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Fontana is drive through land. You drive through it on the 15, 10 and 210. And Rt 66 if you feel nostalgic.

But it still ain't Jesusland, and for that I'm ever so thankful.
Now that was some damn good planning -- giving people who happen into Fontana, no doubt by accident, multiple routes to get outta Dodge!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:45 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Just put californio on ignore. It is a loud mouth internet troll bot, and in no way represents anything Californian. Probably still lives in its mom's basement to boot.
Getting a little testy, huh? But it is understandable that being a Texan and Republican in California is a double whammy of ridicule. But I do agree with you on one thing: put me on your ignore list as well as all the media if these anti-Texas sentiments are too painful. That leaves you with Fox News, Nascar races and the "The 700 Club"

Old 11-21-2010, 10:30 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I have written nothing but the truth about Texas and it's sad captivity by Republican repression.
Actually no. You seem to have made some stuff up. For example, the business about labor unions and workers protection not being alowed in Texas.

Not only that, but you seem to be lumping the entire state until the same stereotypes. Its a big state and not everyone or every part of the state are the same.

Dont become the thing you hate (overbearing Texans and conservative radicals). I dont like them either, but Im not going to stoop to their levels by making sweeping generalizations and twisting half-truths.

California and Texas are great states. Both have things they excel in, both have things they can work on.

Last edited by Cowboys fan in Houston; 11-21-2010 at 10:39 AM..

Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Actually no. You seem to have made some stuff up. For example, the business about labor unions and workers protection not being alowed in Texas.

Not only that, but you seem to be lumping the entire state until the same stereotypes. Its a big state and not everyone or every part of the state are the same.
Whatya 'spect from a teeny-bopper who can't even drink a Lone Star beer legally and probably hasn't ever been further from Mommy's basement than the neighborhood school?

Texas is very diverse insofar as population centers are concerned; Dallas/Fort Worth being unlike Austin being unlike Waco being unlike Houston, etc.

Was stationed in TX twice so I know whereof I speak, very unlike Californio.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:57 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Can anyone imagine having to move to Texas because of a job? How many people say, "hell no" to the idea of moving to redneck Bibleland. I'm sure most would rather be unemployed than move to a state like Texass!

I did, and I actually feel tramatized. It was a bad move and very difficult to get out of that state once I moved there. I finally escaped, it's going to take some time to recover from living in Texas.

I would rather live in a cardboard box vs going back to Texas.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:53 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I did, and I actually feel tramatized. It was a bad move and very difficult to get out of that state once I moved there. I finally escaped, it's going to take some time to recover from living in Texas.

I would rather live in a cardboard box vs going back to Texas.
Be careful what you post here because Curmudgeon will accuse you of being a "teeny-bopper" who hates Texas beer! You will also notice that Curmudgeon is often silent on the subject of Texas and occasionally drops hints that his stay in Texas may not have been traumatic but was far from pleasant. But you know how Republicans stick together like fireflies on fresh pig poop in the Ozarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California