Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:25 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,101,372 times

Advertisements

OK, just got back on the site and saw this discussion.

Just to clarify my position on discussions, political discussions pertaining to the state are fine with me. What I end up closing, deleting or moving to other forums are discussions that are general in nature and not California specific, threads that evolve into personal bickering instead of disagreements about the topic (see some of that in this thread???) and threads that get overtly nasty.

Regarding why I do this, I was the mod for the Politics Forum for two years, and believe that many discussions there just turn into a baiting contest. I am trying to provide an environment here where folks can present their perspective, even adding some humor (within reason) and have discussions.

If folks want to find out information about various areas, they are more than welcome to do so. Anyone who is rude to those posters have their posting deleted or MOD CUT, along with getting posting infractions.

Bashing California has become quite a national obsession lately, often due to legitimate concerns. On the other hand, many have positive observations and should have the opportunity to present those perspectives too.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California