Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times

Advertisements

Why wouldnt I want to rent to you..
hmm lets see
lowlifes coming to my home
MJ oil/smoke ruining the house, the drywall the furniture, the carpet
You perhaps illegally rewiring my home so you could grow.. putting tin foil on the windows.. using the bathroom as a batch room
running drip lines all over the house
hmm.. you skipping out leaving my house uninhabitable... with thousands of dollars of damage
You subjecting me to a possible federal investigation and raid
You losing your motivation.. even short term.. when you are high... to protect my property,,or pay rent
Me having my friends who are landlords going through the above
Me reading that people like you want to sue me because of a DRUG?

Hmm why wouldnt I want to rent to you???? hmmm.. Ill have to think about that one.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 10:42 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
I had a very nice tenant - professional man, wife, 3 kids -- but the wife cooked extensively with very pungent Indian spices (List of Indian spices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and when they departed, I could not get the stench out with normal means (scrubbing, carpet cleaning, washing walls/cabinets, etc). I had to repaint the entire unit first with a blocking primer and then with finish paint, replace the carpeting - I even had to paint the kitchen cabinets & pantry!

So -- tell me again why I would want to rent to someone who might stink up the place? Even if you smoke outside, your clothing will pick up the stench and transfer it inside the unit.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:29 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Why wouldnt I want to rent to you..
hmm lets see
lowlifes coming to my home
MJ oil/smoke ruining the house, the drywall the furniture, the carpet
You perhaps illegally rewiring my home so you could grow.. putting tin foil on the windows.. using the bathroom as a batch room
running drip lines all over the house
hmm.. you skipping out leaving my house uninhabitable... with thousands of dollars of damage
You subjecting me to a possible federal investigation and raid
You losing your motivation.. even short term.. when you are high... to protect my property,,or pay rent
Me having my friends who are landlords going through the above
Me reading that people like you want to sue me because of a DRUG?

Hmm why wouldnt I want to rent to you???? hmmm.. Ill have to think about that one.....
But Duuude, that's so like totally Bogus, ya know. Stop harshing good people's mellow.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:45 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
I had a very nice tenant - professional man, wife, 3 kids -- but the wife cooked extensively with very pungent Indian spices (List of Indian spices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and when they departed, I could not get the stench out with normal means (scrubbing, carpet cleaning, washing walls/cabinets, etc). I had to repaint the entire unit first with a blocking primer and then with finish paint, replace the carpeting - I even had to paint the kitchen cabinets & pantry!

So -- tell me again why I would want to rent to someone who might stink up the place? Even if you smoke outside, your clothing will pick up the stench and transfer it inside the unit.
Haha, yeah this reminds me of a recent car I was planning on purchasing in San Jose. I went to test drive it fully prepared to buy it based on the specs and price. Then instantly upon entering the vehicle it reeked of cigarette smoke. When I told the dealer I was not interested after test driving the car because of the stink he seemed shocked! Most of the salesmen were hanging around the lot and smoking while waiting for customers. So I guess the thought had never really dawned on them that non-smokers would not like that stench. I seriously don't know if any amount of shampooing of the upholstery would have removed it as it obviously had permeated everything possible in the cabin - nasty smell indeed! I can only imagine the person's lungs. But if you're a chain smoker its perfectly normal. Why should anyone care, right???? Doh!

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 10-28-2012 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California