U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:22 AM

6,390 posts, read 3,542,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Though highly pessimistic, the truth is that the stronger race rules the world
Shows a complete lack of understanding of the forces that create societies, dominant or otherwise.

(More strength, or intelligence, or "superiority" has nothing to do with dominance)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 09:28 PM

4 posts, read 3,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonfreak View Post
I am an Indian from India and I have lived in the US for four years. I haven't made a single American friend inspite of all my efforts. I lived in Corvallis, OR for 3 years and in Sunnyvale for one year. I see white people with white people, Indians with Indians, Chinese with Chinese. I hardly find an exception. Not even in San Francisco.
People quickly tend to be judgemental about me but you should also know that my roommates are all white and have become good friends with me after having lived with them for a year now.
I do not think that any part of the world has a liberal society. Indians will always mingle with Indians and whites will always mingle with white ones. The Eurasian divide is huge and will remain as long as the Asian countries can raise up to a level where they emerge stronger than the white people to tell them that 'hey, it is not like before when you, the people of the East India Company, looted us raped our women. Now we are the one who are on top of the world'.

Though highly pessimistic, the truth is that the stronger race rules the world. The whites are still on the top of the list. It is changing and I am sure there will be a day when India and China will beat the US and the freakin white people.
Racist much?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:42 PM

7,290 posts, read 5,324,217 times
Can you post a video of yourself saying some of the things you have said here? I can tell a lot about a person by seeing them speak and I am curious about you. You sound very angry, but beneath anger is always hurt or frustration. I don't know if something specific happened to you or if you just feel that people did not reach out to you the way you might have expected, or what.

There is another thread around that talks about how much the person thought the Bay Area looked good on paper, but that they could never adjust. It is not a very friendly place. I don't know why. I think it is the suburb mentality, but that is just a guess. It can be very isolating. But there must be other Indians you can socialize with, so I am guessing you are just feeling shunned by "the white man." And I could see how that could be maddening. But there are also a lot of really nice people everywhere in the world. I think you are painting with too broad a brush.

You ignored the other person's post that asked about the caste system in India in relationship to your beef about "the white man." I would love to hear your perspective on that.

In the meantime, sounds like you need a walk or something.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:49 AM

10,722 posts, read 9,604,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
You are a racist, pure and simple. Trying to reason with you would be a waste of time. No one is keeping you here, so don't let the door hit you on the way out.
How is he a racist? He's just angry. Haven't you ever been angry?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:09 AM

10,722 posts, read 9,604,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've lived in the bay area for nearly 22 years, and there are some Indians who mingle quite well with others. But a cultural divide between Indians and non-Indians is a huge problem. I suspect that this is not just a problem in the bay area, but the problems you describe with Indians in general are self-imposed.

I was in Palo Alto earlier this week to get a haircut. My stepdad is a podiatrist and accompanied me. As I waited, an Indian guy walks in wearing the customary sandals and bare feet. My stepdad pointed out that the Indian guy had a serious case of toenail fungus. On one foot, three toenails were black from the fungus. On the other two toenails were black. It was disgusting. Can't tell you how many Indian men I have stood behind in line in some store and the stench and lack of deodorant was overwhelming. I find it astounding that many Indians don't pay more attention to THIS country's standards for public cleanliness and hygiene.

I was also in Sunnyvale this week since I own property in the city. I was told by residents that Indians are on the rise in Sunnyvale. They stick to themselves and seemingly prefer not to mingle. I have experienced this behavior and witnessed it as well. Indians are severe separatists. They avoid eye contact and impersonalize the communities they reside in. Many complain that they have a very pungent body odor that is publically offensive to non-Indians. Indians also don't appear to respect blacks and mexicans, and don't mingle with asians. They appear to only mingle with whites when necessary to get along at work. Otherwise, Indians prefer to be around their own kind, befriend their own, and exist in quiet disdain of non-Indians.

Many in this country have disdain for Indians because apparently companies prefer cheap Indian labor and such a practice displaces qualified americans. Doesn't help that Indians come here and appear to have a suprisingly pompous attitude, don't respect the hygiene standards of THIS country, are severe separatists, appear to exist in quiet disdain of non-Indians, and generally impersonalize any community they reside in. So your rant about who "rules the world" and your disdain for whites is no surprise.

There is a certain amount of segregation and cultural separation, but Indians are by no means uniters.
Yes. Thanks for saying that. On my last airplane fight, I had the misfortune of having 2 Indians sit next to me. I immediately moved to another seat before the flight started. When the stewardess asked me why I wasn't in my assigned seat, I told her that the ppl next to me had a horrible odor.
I can't say that I've ever met any friendly Indians or Indian Americans. They don't smile much, dress the same, treat their women like sh1t, and take American jobs. As you have said, Asians typically kiss whitey's ass and don't care much for us mexican-americans or blacks.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:40 PM

13 posts, read 20,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Can you post a video of yourself saying some of the things you have said here? I can tell a lot about a person by seeing them speak and I am curious about you. You sound very angry, but beneath anger is always hurt or frustration. I don't know if something specific happened to you or if you just feel that people did not reach out to you the way you might have expected, or what.

There is another thread around that talks about how much the person thought the Bay Area looked good on paper, but that they could never adjust. It is not a very friendly place. I don't know why. I think it is the suburb mentality, but that is just a guess. It can be very isolating. But there must be other Indians you can socialize with, so I am guessing you are just feeling shunned by "the white man." And I could see how that could be maddening. But there are also a lot of really nice people everywhere in the world. I think you are painting with too broad a brush.

You ignored the other person's post that asked about the caste system in India in relationship to your beef about "the white man." I would love to hear your perspective on that.

In the meantime, sounds like you need a walk or something.
It is quite amazing that so many of you have expressed your opinions, some of you showing a lot of anger towards me and rightly so. Most of you suggested that white people are not as bad as I think they are.

IMCurios: I am angry. I want to be with good people and enjoy a good social life. I am frustrated because nobody talks to nobody here. Not just the white people but most of the people from other cultures as well. I am picking on white people ONLY because it is YOUR country. Being a man born and brought up in India, I find it very hard to understand the culture of white Americans and I also do not understand why I am not acceptable the way I am by you guys.

As regards to the caste system and everything, you have to LIVE in Bangalore to understand what I am saying. So many of my friends have married and are happy with women of upper/lower castes. If you go to small towns, the story is the same as small towns here. Can you expect it to be any better? Small town phenomenon are common no matter which country you go to. If you want to be away from all the caste system crap, go to Bangalore or Delhi or Bombay. Even Madras, which used to be hyper conservative at some point is m_uch better today. I know this because I have lived there for a while; however, living in small towns is not a good idea if you are worried about conservative people. It is a universal truth not restricted to India alone.

Like I said in the previous posting, I am going back pretty soon so you guys will have one less 'stinking' Indian to worry about. I really wish I had good things to say about people of this country but like I said, you guys have built this country on the grave of those native Americans. Why did I expect you to get personal with me and be my BFF when you are not even prepared to talk to me?

Old 01-19-2011, 02:52 PM

1,401 posts, read 2,156,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonfreak View Post
It is quite amazing that so many of you have expressed your opinions, some of you showing a lot of anger towards me and rightly so. Most of you suggested that white people are not as bad as I think they are.

IMCurios: I am angry. I want to be with good people and enjoy a good social life. I am frustrated because nobody talks to nobody here. Not just the white people but most of the people from other cultures as well. I am picking on white people ONLY because it is YOUR country. Being a man born and brought up in India, I find it very hard to understand the culture of white Americans and I also do not understand why I am not acceptable the way I am by you guys.

As regards to the caste system and everything, you have to LIVE in Bangalore to understand what I am saying. So many of my friends have married and are happy with women of upper/lower castes. If you go to small towns, the story is the same as small towns here. Can you expect it to be any better? Small town phenomenon are common no matter which country you go to. If you want to be away from all the caste system crap, go to Bangalore or Delhi or Bombay. Even Madras, which used to be hyper conservative at some point is m_uch better today. I know this because I have lived there for a while; however, living in small towns is not a good idea if you are worried about conservative people. It is a universal truth not restricted to India alone.

Like I said in the previous posting, I am going back pretty soon so you guys will have one less 'stinking' Indian to worry about. I really wish I had good things to say about people of this country but like I said, you guys have built this country on the grave of those native Americans. Why did I expect you to get personal with me and be my BFF when you are not even prepared to talk to me?

You're nuts.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 PM

6,390 posts, read 3,542,629 times
Yes, he is nuts, I like this;
Quote:
you guys have built this country on the grave of those native American
He is undoubtedly an Indo Aryan, reading what they did to the Dravidians is not pleasant. And heck, reading what they did to each other in 1947 makes the "mean" white Americans look like a ladies tea society.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:21 PM

105 posts, read 114,965 times
I thought whites were the only ones who could be racist? To the OP, for blaming your problems in America on white people. This was a white man's country by the way. People always say this country is made of immigrants! Yeah, what ones? They were all white English, German, Dutch, Scottish and Irish folks along with the blacks that were brought over from Africa. Yes, the native indian conflict and the salvery were horrible things but it's been said and done. There's no changing that. Be content that you were ALLOWED and give the PRIVILEGE to move to the greatest country on Earth that has done more for everybody else on Earth. Yes, almost every bit of technology you use throughout your life...since I get blamed for slavery and the native indians I guess I'll take credit for all those inventions too, you're welcome. Everybody comes here and acts like they own this country instead of being thankful to leave your hellhole elsewhere in this world. Check out our earliest laws. Most were for white, property owning males. This country was originally founded for the white man, we wronged the slaves and they were eventually given rights. Back in the 1900's I know I would have taken 3/5 citizenship over disease ridden, uncivilized Africa. So if you come here have some freaking respect and be thankfully you have the chance to live a prosperous life.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:27 PM

277 posts, read 124,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleymaple View Post
I thought whites were the only ones who could be racist? To the OP, for blaming your problems in America on white people. This was a white man's country by the way. People always say this country is made of immigrants! Yeah, what ones? They were all white English, German, Dutch, Scottish and Irish folks along with the blacks that were brought over from Africa. Yes, the native indian conflict and the salvery were horrible things but it's been said and done. There's no changing that. Be content that you were ALLOWED and give the PRIVILEGE to move to the greatest country on Earth that has done more for everybody else on Earth. Yes, almost every bit of technology you use throughout your life...since I get blamed for slavery and the native indians I guess I'll take credit for all those inventions too, you're welcome. Everybody comes here and acts like they own this country instead of being thankful to leave your hellhole elsewhere in this world. Check out our earliest laws. Most were for white, property owning males. This country was originally founded for the white man, we wronged the slaves and they were eventually given rights. Back in the 1900's I know I would have taken 3/5 citizenship over disease ridden, uncivilized Africa. So if you come here have some freaking respect and be thankfully you have the chance to live a prosperous life.
This was a white mans country? Oh boy. Here we go with the white supremacist stormfront ranters. The rest of your post is pure trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California