U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-06-2011, 06:33 PM

13 posts, read 20,981 times

Advertisements

I am an Indian from India and I have lived in the US for four years. I haven't made a single American friend inspite of all my efforts. I lived in Corvallis, OR for 3 years and in Sunnyvale for one year. I see white people with white people, Indians with Indians, Chinese with Chinese. I hardly find an exception. Not even in San Francisco.
People quickly tend to be judgemental about me but you should also know that my roommates are all white and have become good friends with me after having lived with them for a year now.
I do not think that any part of the world has a liberal society. Indians will always mingle with Indians and whites will always mingle with white ones. The Eurasian divide is huge and will remain as long as the Asian countries can raise up to a level where they emerge stronger than the white people to tell them that 'hey, it is not like before when you, the people of the East India Company, looted us raped our women. Now we are the one who are on top of the world'.

Though highly pessimistic, the truth is that the stronger race rules the world. The whites are still on the top of the list. It is changing and I am sure there will be a day when India and China will beat the US and the freakin white people.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 06:43 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,131,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonfreak View Post
I am an Indian from India and I have lived in the US for four years. I haven't made a single American friend inspite of all my efforts.
You mean you're counting your friends by how many white people you make friends with? Is that what you think will be your measure of success?

Quote:
I lived in Corvallis, OR for 3 years and in Sunnyvale for one year. I see white people with white people, Indians with Indians, Chinese with Chinese. I hardly find an exception. Not even in San Francisco.
So you walk around American society judging our culture based on who people choose to associate with based on "race"? Doesn't India have it's own "racial" issues with caste? I find it very odd for you to point your critical finger at the USA when you come from a society that prizes those with a red dot on their forehead and considers some people to be filthy "black" and unclean.

Quote:
People quickly tend to be judgemental about me but you should also know that my roommates are all white and have become good friends with me after having lived with them for a year now.
Are you celebrating the fact that you've finally found some white people who accept you? Why don't you look for some nice Latino or Black friends to play with? Status not high enough for you socially? Right.. I thought so.

Quote:
I do not think that any part of the world has a liberal society. Indians will always mingle with Indians and whites will always mingle with white ones.
As long as you continue to live in a world and choose to categorize your friends and people around you by the color of their skin you will always be the segregated loser.

Quote:
The Eurasian divide is huge and will remain as long as the Asian countries can raise up to a level where they emerge stronger than the white people to tell them that 'hey, it is not like before when you, the people of the East India Company, looted us raped our women. Now we are the one who are on top of the world'. Though highly pessimistic, the truth is that the stronger race rules the world. The whites are still on the top of the list. It is changing and I am sure there will be a day when India and China will beat the US and the freakin white people.
So now we get to the meat of your entire post. You wanted to vent about "the white man".

People who need someone to blame for their inability to succeed because of self-imposed limitations based on the color of their skin are the ones with the real problems.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:48 PM

LuckyGem.... all I can say is you have no reality touch. Absolutely none. Instead of seeing the point I was trying to make, you just ranted at me in your reply. You really deserve a lot of sympathy.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:54 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,131,504 times
Quote:
LuckyGem.... all I can say is you have no reality touch. Absolutely none. Instead of seeing the point I was trying to make, you just ranted at me in your reply. You really deserve a lot of sympathy.
And you're color-struck (which means to be in awe of a "color/ethnicity/race") and desperately seek approval from white people.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM

It is a white man's country.... how can you avoid seeking it? If you visit the house of your friend, you expect the treatment that any normal visitor deserves. You call that seeking approval? How do you feel if the people you visit don't even look at you and talk amongst themselves?

Obviously, I am going back. This ****hole is not for me. For all you know about India, it is very accepting. Remeber, it is still in one piece inspite of the fact that there are 600 languages and almost 25 sub-races. If you visit Bangalore, you'll see how people treat you. Everyone speaks and treats you the way they'd do with ANY other Indian. What the F**K is wrong with the damn American people? Tell me. Why don't they mingle as freely with other races as we do in India? This is a freakin disease of that huge EGO of being a WHITE American who KILLED innocent Red Indian people to have their shops set up here. A***s. They have let us Indians and the Chinese because they need workers to run their electronic shops which the lazy ass white class man is not prepared to do. Otherwise, they'd have SELDOM let us in.

For all the Indians ... Go back guys. This country is a ****hole. Just go back. Don't live here. It is better to be with our people than with these ****-gened people.

Go back ASAP.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:24 PM

282 posts, read 359,752 times
I'm white, and I'll never know exactly what it's like to be an Asian Indian in this country. Oregonfreak, I don't know what you went through, and I'm sorry it happened to you.

I won't deny that racism is alive and well in the USA. Just look at how things have been between white people and black people. It's beginning to get better, especially between younger people, but there's still plenty of room for progress.

My siblings and I are adopted. My youngest brother and his twin sister are Korean, and I've seen people treat them very differently from the way they treat me. My brother and I have had some good talks about race and racism. Sometimes all you can do is laugh at people and how stupid and ignorant they can be.

Oregonfreak, you're angry and I know you don't need me to tell you that. However, getting angry at stupid racist people does nothing to open their eyes. It's a waste of your energy. Being "that angry guy," whether it's about racism or sexism or homophobia or politics or anything else makes it harder for people to accept you.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:34 PM

Wise words my brother. You sound very very mature. Honestly, I am amazed that out of the blue, words of maturity came out like this when all I see is that the GTL kinda white fratboys who never lose that assoholeness even when they come out as loosers from the scool.

You are very correct in saying that acceptance becomes harder with anger in a man's heart. I have a PhD in EE. I have an excellent academic record. I have a well over six figured salary today. I should not be WORKING HARD to get acceptance. These loosers should talk and be normal with me. What crap? I choose to leave this country rather than seek acceptance. I copuld lose all the anger in my heart but will never get the acceptance. On top of it, I feel that my stature is such that I SHOULD NOT BE WORKING TO BE ACCEPTED. It should have been given to me as something which ususally is granted for a white counterpart.]

I do appreciate you maturity YTownGuy. The tone of your reply says a million good things about you. God bless you my friend. Forgive me for the harsh world but America is not the 'God's Own Country'. Is the 'God's Own Hell'.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM

4,360 posts, read 3,684,453 times
Quote:
It is a white man's country.... how can you avoid seeking it? If you visit the house of your friend, you expect the treatment that any normal visitor deserves. You call that seeking approval? How do you feel if the people you visit don't even look at you and talk amongst themselves?

Obviously, I am going back. This ****hole is not for me. For all you know about India, it is very accepting. Remeber, it is still in one piece inspite of the fact that there are 600 languages and almost 25 sub-races. If you visit Bangalore, you'll see how people treat you. Everyone speaks and treats you the way they'd do with ANY other Indian. What the F**K is wrong with the damn American people? Tell me. Why don't they mingle as freely with other races as we do in India? This is a freakin disease of that huge EGO of being a WHITE American who KILLED innocent Red Indian people to have their shops set up here. A***s. They have let us Indians and the Chinese because they need workers to run their electronic shops which the lazy ass white class man is not prepared to do. Otherwise, they'd have SELDOM let us in.

For all the Indians ... Go back guys. This country is a ****hole. Just go back. Don't live here.
It is better to be with our people than with these ****-gened people.
Go back ASAP.
You are a racist, pure and simple. Trying to reason with you would be a waste of time. No one is keeping you here, so don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:01 PM

19,318 posts, read 16,703,290 times
I think I see your problem, Oregonfreak. You don't make friends because you're not at all likable and what's worse, you're a complete and utter racist! I'm sure India will be delighted to see you back.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 PM

Oh yeah. I am leaving. Definitely. Before the Conservative Jealous men from the Bible belt sitting as congressmen in DC for no good reason create a new history of Holocaust of Asian immigrants for having worked hard and for having made so much of money that the number of poor conservative whites are growing poorer and more jealous of day by day.

Yes. I am a racist. It is a fundamental fact. I am honest enough to accept it. Are you blind? Look at a brown man and then look at a white man. Can't you see the difference? Does that make you racist? You are such a freak.

I would not have noticed the color IF YOU HAD SPOKEN TO ME NICELY AND INCLUDED ME IN YOUR GROUP. Now that you are passive aggressive in being racist and segregating me, I will say it openly. Hey.... give me some credit for my honesty I say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California